Legendaries?

Zuf

Someone has / had a lot of money. Hopefully NCS did some checks to ensure this dude didnt mortgage his house to get to this point. 

Lets be honest about this though, there is what 50 people on NA / EU that are gonna shell out bucks like that to do that. In the long run this really isnt gonna hurt the average joe, even though it is most assuredly pay to win. I 100% dont care if someone pays to win, fix the hacks, bots, cross server lag and optimization issues and then we can talk about stuff like this that will only touch a very small amount of people. 

3 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

So I am just gonna stop here and laugh a bit at how much money this guy must've spent to reach this level of equipment so fast. ROFLMAO! And may I ask, what's he gonna do now, with all that gear? Just stand in Zaiwei whole day and shine bright for the rest of us to see?

3 hours ago, Jem said:

All of you will EVENTUALLY reach to that point in time. There's no reason for anyone to get angry/salty/upset over this. Just have patience. 

I wonder the same Prelate, because Jem is spot on. 

Like why...i also love that its a wl xD

I wud start worrying about p2w's CONSEQUENCES when a large number of players are overpowered. But if its a small enuff amount that on the whole ssp/battlegrounds are not affected then, pray to rngesus? That u dont run into them? In the end it is probability after all. 

Whats the purpose of playing the game now with such high ap,stats?What content can he do thats challenging and gives u a satisfaction when u complete it?

He made whole game obsolete and prolly next 1 or 2 year patches we get :P.

I am quite happy that i still have challenging things to do and if i slack i can die easily,i dont want that weapon so fast,i would have no reason to log anymore and have fun doing dungeons,other stuff.

lol this is so much badblood, as someone who knows this guy personally, you guys are over thinking it. here is the answer, though some money was spent, max 500Euros irc, he was already at awakened scorpion before the event, hes really good at playing the market, on the day 50 patch was released he bought 500 darts for roughly 50silver each, hes always researching on mats needed for further upgrades(by looking at taiwans tree) and taking market risks. pre patch, he bought out the 10 flowers and hundreds of medals in auction house that went down in price due to the trove now he is making double the profit from reselling. i know some people that spent way more than him during the event and arent even close(myself included)   

50 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

lol this is so much badblood, as someone who knows this guy personally, you guys are over thinking it. here is the answer, though some money was spent, max 500Euros irc, he was already at awakened scorpion before the event, hes really good at playing the market, on the day 50 patch was released he bought 500 darts for roughly 50silver each, hes always researching on mats needed for further upgrades(by looking at taiwans tree) and taking market risks. pre patch, he bought out the 10 flowers and hundreds of medals in auction house that went down in price due to the trove now he is making double the profit from reselling. i know some people that spent way more than him during the event and arent even close(myself included)   

Yes, I know this is way off topic but please use more periods.

6 hours ago, JustRunAround said:

What else isn't P2W in the eyes of the Western community?

Warframe.

P.S. - Btw, I am not from west and I agree that this game is now Pay-to-have-huge-advantage, i.e., a form of P2W. If someone who was a paying customer got the legendary in 1 month, a hardcore free player got it in 2 months and others got it in 3-4 months, then I would not have said P2W. But legendary within the first 24 hours of release VERY CLEARLY shows that you can buy your way up to the BiS gears in BNS. No matter how much you scream at the top of your voice, it won't change the hard fact. Everything else you say is your opinion, but getting legendary, which is supposed to be one of the true endgame gear, within 24 hours of release just shows the fact.

Now, I see people saying that how does he/she win? How does it affect you?

Yes, it does affect me because of how the game is designed around DPS. 10 of these guys and I can assure you that I won't get a single chest drop in SSP. The reason is that the boss would die so fast that I will not be able to dish out enough damage. I am not even going to say anything about 6v6.

If the game rewarded people for playing support or healer roles, then it was not a problem. But BnS is so lazily designed that it only rewards people with highest DPS. And that is exactly why this is a problem.

Bottomline is that this would not have been P2W if the game was not designed around DPS.

7 hours ago, Boscodash said:

Well, I hope at least that he won't be a dick then and help you out with your own gear progression... Or take lower geared players to dungeon runs. And so on. BTW, for some, 500 Euros is still quite a bit of money. Not near those 1k Dollars people allegedly spent on Treasure Trove but still quite a bit. And I agree, a lot of bad blood here.

In all honesty i prefer they would reduce the amounts of the materials needed for weapon upgrades and in the same time make them non-tradable.

This way rich or not, you cant buy yourself to gear and just need to bust your ass for it like everyone else.

sadly this will never happen...

15 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Everyone has their own definition of Pay to win nowadays.

There's no point in arguing with it since it'll just lead to everyone mad at each other since no one can agree.

Zuzu wins the thread in the only way possible, by now playing :)

According to this:

Wallet warrios have a huge advantage over free players (or even premiums and people that refuse to buy gold), who are stuck in a heavy, insanely boring and punishing grind cycle. The grind would be immensely reduced if they weren't making money by (effectively) selling gold.

every single game where you can buy something for real life money and sell for ingame money means PTW, which is imo wrong.

If the flowers & rest of the mats were for sale in NCoin shop, then it would be pay to win.

BUT now, if someone wants to get flowers, he needs to buy them from the ingame market, which means someone needs to drop them first. The flowers were not 'summonned' via NCoin shop, they were normally dropped.

Good example of PTW was TT event. You paid, you get stuff which were not farmed in the game.

but again, trying to explain something to someone who already has his opinion aka 'omg bns is pay-to-win' is effective like teaching an elepahnt to fly.

Just now, SilentOne said:

BUT now, if someone wants to get flowers, he needs to buy them from the ingame market, which means someone needs to drop them first. The flowers were not 'summonned' via NCoin shop, they were normally dropped.

Except you can buy gold with NC coins ;D

18 minutes ago, Zuf said:

Except you can buy gold with NC coins ;D

And any game that has the ability to trade is p2w. even if the game doesnt provide you with the ability of buying gold, there will always be players who will sell it to you for real life cash. Coming down to that i believe trading and auction house system be completely abolished from MMOs. *kek*

Archived