Warlocks dps

SayianPrince

8 minutes ago, SayianPrince said:

Can warlocks dps or are they mainly used as a support class? How is there dps anyways?

Largely depends on two things. How good you are and how well you know your rotations and your ping. If you have both good ping and a good understanding of your rotations you will do good damage. I believe Warlock is within the top 3 with Sum and FM. Melee classes have a much harder time keeping up with bosses as opposed to a ranged character.

5 hours ago, SayianPrince said:

Can warlocks dps or are they mainly used as a support class? How is there dps anyways?

Now WL deal 10%~20% less damage then sin/fm/Bm , with legendary skills they will deal 50% more DMG.

And WL will be not even near DPS, warlock is support for others.

1 hour ago, GreenOwl said:

Now WL deal 10%~20% less damage then sin/fm/Bm , with legendary skills they will deal 50% more DMG.

Where are you getting these numbers? You can't say something like this without backing it up otherwise it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

From leveling so far I can say the dps is behind my FM, summoner and BM. Maybe that will change once  you are max level but I am not sure..... Also there is a large CD period for WL while other class can put out more constant dps even then during that burst period I don't see WL does more damage than a FM.

6 hours ago, spongemike said:

From leveling so far I can say the dps is behind my FM, summoner and BM. Maybe that will change once  you are max level but I am not sure..... Also there is a large CD period for WL while other class can put out more constant dps even then during that burst period I don't see WL does more damage than a FM.

Warlock DPS is pretty okay before HM book but if you don't have the book the downtime will be really crappy. There's about 10 or so seconds where Wingstorm will be on CD after Imprion/Leech and from that point you're kind of flailing till it's back up again. Once you get the book you can do this. 

Which basically just lets you Helix + Rupture + RB indefinitely.

Here's my Helix rotation too https://youtu.be/Ajf8MwcDA_Q?t=88.

Warlock was a pain in the ass to level btw. Probably one of the most annoying leveling experiences I had.

4 hours ago, VaneQuish said:

Warlock was a pain in the ass to level btw. Probably one of the most annoying leveling experiences I had.

really? i leveled super fast, always pulling a bunch of mobs together and bombing them away.

18 hours ago, VaneQuish said:

Warlock DPS is pretty okay before HM book but if you don't have the book the downtime will be really crappy. There's about 10 or so seconds where Wingstorm will be on CD after Imprion/Leech and from that point you're kind of flailing till it's back up again. Once you get the book you can do this. 

Which basically just lets you Helix + Rupture + RB indefinitely.

Here's my Helix rotation too https://youtu.be/Ajf8MwcDA_Q?t=88.

Now record same combo, without macro for Dragon Helix.

Guys, I just got the book, thou I feel that is useless without a certain amount of crit.. Whats an optimal amount of crit chance required to at least have a good burst? Also, how did you change the key binds? (pressing 4 -> F -> 4 is stressing my fingers :( )

28 minutes ago, Antarex said:

Guys, I just got the book, thou I feel that is useless without a certain amount of crit.. Whats an optimal amount of crit chance required to at least have a good burst? Also, how did you change the key binds? (pressing 4 -> F -> 4 is stressing my fingers :( )

it's not useless, it just gets better the more crit you get. wether you get an additional cast with 30, 50 or 60% chance is geardepended sure, but 30% chance is still alot for 2 skillpoints.

regarding OP: wl dps is fine, like most classes. ppl greatly overestimate the dps-difference between classes. groups will want a wl because of the buff and "safe" dps, just like they will want a kfm for buffs/tanking or a destro for utility/cc etc

19 hours ago, GreenOwl said:

This orbs are usless if you use dragoncall, and must have only with dragon helix.

Want free choice of skills - play KFM.

19 hours ago, GreenOwl said:

I better will use Dragoncall (x2 dmg + ignore blocks).

Dragon helix - most ugly BNS skill, good luck to find more ugly animated skill.

On 24/04/2016 at 2:41 AM, GreenOwl said:

GeenOwl, please go away and stop posting on the warlock section, you clearly have no idea about the warlock class. 

Not sure about others but i don't find WL dps bad especially in soulstone plains or those new dungeons. Yeah its not ever near FM (which is imo easiest class to play) but compared to most melee classes i'd say its above them. Its not just numbers but time which you waste blocking or avoiding aoes and crap while on WL you can just spam away at least till you hit CDs that is.

But regarding actual dps helix build all the way + soulburn for extra dmg and CD reset, imo time distortion is wasted on helix build and with that skill book you just need solid crit and you can spam helix almost all the time.

Now since i got it i can drop 4-5 helix during one wingstorm and i have rather bad ping (200+ ms).

But if you want solid dmg spike then dragon call + time distortion with solid crit ofc.

Only down side i'd say its like many other classes that there is no really build diversity you either go helix or dragon call everything else is more or less the same.

Helix build in general is most warlocks go. The rotation ares fine you guys showed, but you are doing the damage on dummies. You can have amazing uptime as warlock with helix but only if you crit. if helix doesn't crit or even bombardment doesn't crit. Your rotation takes a steep dps lost if other skills are on cd.  Warlock is super crit reliant

On 4/26/2016 at 2:25 AM, VaneQuish said:

Wouldn't make a difference if you spammed it or held it down. Although it's easier to do when you have it bound to your mouse.

LMAO can't believe you posted this, Here on NA/EU servers it's against the rules to use a macro or any 3rd software that alternates the skill to mouse.

Surprised you havent been banned yet....Since you moreless just admit to using both?

Has for the videos and damage, you should explain gear first  since your under preforming....I hit with Helix over 20k+ and 10k on Bombarbment right button skill

I'm on Master Hong, Lvl 50 HM8 Warlock  637 AP, 60.01% CRIT and 114% ACCU

Even though I quit the game 2 weeks ago, due to the Aggro reset bug where game thinks Locks are a melee class.

If they ever gave a response and a fix to it , then I might comeback.......Thats why I check forums ever 2 days

22 hours ago, WADofMEAT said:

LMAO can't believe you posted this, Here on NA/EU servers it's against the rules to use a macro or any 3rd software that alternates the skill to mouse.

Surprised you havent been banned yet....Since you moreless just admit to using both?

Has for the videos and damage, you should explain gear first  since your under preforming....I hit with Helix over 20k+ and 10k on Bombarbment right button skill

I'm on Master Hong, Lvl 50 HM8 Warlock  637 AP, 60.01% CRIT and 114% ACCU

Even though I quit the game 2 weeks ago, due to the Aggro reset bug where game thinks Locks are a melee class.

If they ever gave a response and a fix to it , then I might comeback.......Thats why I check forums ever 2 days

Good DPS for PVE support...

i would say wl is highest (dunno which class is comparable) aoe dps. Spamming dragoncalls or helix, crit depending recast or orbs return procs 100perc, when theres f.e. 3 mobs grouped with boss. Some bosses have adds, like snakes in lair, or pigs in spp, some dont, on bosses with adds i can hold aggro over similar geared fm, quite often. 

This is not helping on single target bosses, but helix dps is just fine, if you pull rotations right (dragoncall dps is pure rng, sometimes highest burst, sometimes laughable), when fm dies, aggro hops on me almost allways.

Clearing annoying mobs in asura is wayy faster with wl, than without them in parties.

It is crucial for wl to have as much high crits as possible, including p2w crit ruby.

WL dps is good if you time sb properly instead of using it instantly at the start of the fight. Without sb resets, overall dps is pretty low because of long cooldowns. I remember struggling to get boxes in ghs on my wl alt if my sb was on cd when level 50 first came out.

On 6. 5. 2016 at 9:09 PM, Hongmoon said:

WL dps is good if you time sb properly instead of using it instantly at the start of the fight. Without sb resets, overall dps is pretty low because of long cooldowns. I remember struggling to get boxes in ghs on my wl alt if my sb was on cd when level 50 first came out.

oh this warlocks, noone started fight, and he is like "soulburn op", and does soulburn, then after 1-3s ppl start engaging boss... holy hell 

Archived