Game is getting too pricy and putting me off from playing

Drakeos99

The grind is decidedly out of control at this point. Many of us knew it was coming, but it's still pretty painful. It's like living on the coast, knowing that a hurricane could hit, and then being in your house when one does. You accepted the risk, you boarded up the windows when you got word, but when the storm actually arrives, you sure wish you'd sold the place. I tried to catch up this weekend, but MAN is the grind real.

Hell, soulstones are a big issue for non-PvPers, but the grind is also pretty frustrating for PvPers. Not only do you have to PvE to use your zen beans, you now get screamed at for having less than 450AP any time you queue for the only dungeons that drop the certs which allow you to use those gods-damned beans. You can easily do 6-man Necropolis at 350AP, but unless you have clanmates leading the way, you will never get it done due to the pug players who will refuse to even attempt the dungeon upon seeing an Awakened or True Profane weapon. So then you end up in a 300-hour PvE gear grind just to get your gear so you can play the thing that made the game popular in the first place.

Arrgh.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

odd i made a new character spent 4 days on have awaken sirens weapon and infernal accessories with 5 parts yeti 3 parts scorpion and 414 AP now at 50 HM1 you have 400 AP with true profane and 25 ap diamond and that is enough to do all the content 6 man style at 450 you can go into 4 mans if you know how to play. I spent 80 gold going from profane to sirens weapon and i bought everything didn't even have any soul stones.

From 45-50 i made like 30g and 2 days of dailies gave me like 30 gold per day at 50, so to say you can't progress is a lie, you can do a few quick 6 man runs and make 10gold in an hour and if people bid on drops even more.

9 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

...but MAN is the grind real.

There it is. :D

Oathbreaker's ridiculous, the fun pirate dailies are dead, the SSDD routine gets old with the quickness... my "solution" is to throttle back and play something else as a "main game" and log in here once or twice a day. There's some things they should really work on to keep the players engaged. :/

I personally think they should "nerf" the costs to make moonwater stones because we have a new expansion. New players would like to get to 50 before doing end game dailies and stuff. Not being able to upgrade past awakened is discouraging to me personally because I don't wanna pause and grind for gold instead of trying out the new expansion zone.

13 minutes ago, starleash said:

I personally think they should "nerf" the costs to make moonwater stones because we have a new expansion. New players would like to get to 50 before doing end game dailies and stuff. Not being able to upgrade past awakened is discouraging to me personally because I don't wanna pause and grind for gold instead of trying out the new expansion zone.

You get gold in the new expansion.........................../facepalm

1 hour ago, Taemek said:

You get gold in the new expansion.........................../facepalm

Oh, I'm sorry I just heard that you get a few gold if you just quest your way to 50. Do we get like 20-25 gold in the first 1-2 levels so we can upgrade our accessories as well?

24 minutes ago, starleash said:

Oh, I'm sorry I just heard that you get a few gold if you just quest your way to 50. Do we get like 20-25 gold in the first 1-2 levels so we can upgrade our accessories as well?

Oh im sorry, I didn't realise you expect to be able to upgrade everything instantly without no effort.

You can get 20 - 25 gold from open world dailies, get to work.

Agreed entirely, it's at the point now where eeking out just 2-3 AP takes days or even weeks of grinding. There's no feel of progression or accomplishment in it, just disappointment after you blow 60g on an upgrade and see absolutely no difference.

I'm still at Awakened Pirate wep, Awakened Siren accessories. I can understand "end-game" gear being substantially more difficult to get, but we're not even mid-game... It's put me off leveling an alt entirely.

The limited cash flow in the this game is very frustrating. No really solid way to keep the gold rolling, just dailies that give a pretty poor reward. Of course, you have the people who dropped ncoin or can play 8+ hours a day for 500+AP, and they're doing the 4mans, selling items, skills the rest of us won't have any time soon for 900g+... Skills that help them in the supposedly "balanced" arena. Meanwhile, the rest of us our over here pugging Yeti and getting thrown into groups with 320AP that have absolutely zero chance. No votekick, no AP limits on dungeons, no leave timers... So the rich get richer.

Why am I paying Premium again?

1 hour ago, Taemek said:

Oh im sorry, I didn't realise you expect to be able to upgrade everything instantly without no effort.

You can get 20 - 25 gold from open world dailies, get to work.

No I think you misunderstood me. I actually stopped leveling after I reached 45 on my kfm just to try and see if I like an FM better. I really haven't done the new quests so I was actually being genuinely curious.

My kfm has awakened infernal gauntlets and same level accessories. How many upgrades do I have left before I get to the new stuff? Will I get enough gold by completing all the yellow and blue quests to 50?

On 2016. 04. 02. at 7:04 AM, Taemek said:

It takes 40 mins a day to do these dailies.....less time then it took to do NSH and Efleet 24 man where you only got 8 gold from.

In a very good geared group not alone. :) Do not forget! But some players are just hanging around because they had enough of this childish end-game-gear chasing.

One example! When I was in a 6 man with 420-480AP group they had no clue how the Crowd Control rotaion and what does it mean works at all. After that I was in the same dungeon with 340-400AP group whom know how to use the chain CCs and we took down the mobs much faster! This is the difference between those who know how to play faster in a lower gear. :) It is not magic, just a little brain. That is why I had enough of this bullshit! You can do every instance in the game in an avarage gear with prepared players and you do not need that high-end becasue I must dissapoint you becasue you can throw your gear with your maxed out Soulshild to a trash when the next content comes.

10 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Agreed entirely, it's at the point now where eeking out just 2-3 AP takes days or even weeks of grinding. There's no feel of progression or accomplishment in it, just disappointment after you blow 60g on an upgrade and see absolutely no difference.

I'm still at Awakened Pirate wep, Awakened Siren accessories. I can understand "end-game" gear being substantially more difficult to get, but we're not even mid-game... It's put me off leveling an alt entirely.

The limited cash flow in the this game is very frustrating. No really solid way to keep the gold rolling, just dailies that give a pretty poor reward. Of course, you have the people who dropped ncoin or can play 8+ hours a day for 500+AP, and they're doing the 4mans, selling items, skills the rest of us won't have any time soon for 900g+... Skills that help them in the supposedly "balanced" arena. Meanwhile, the rest of us our over here pugging Yeti and getting thrown into groups with 320AP that have absolutely zero chance. No votekick, no AP limits on dungeons, no leave timers... So the rich get richer.

Why am I paying Premium again?

Awakened Pirate and Awakened Siren is more then 320 ap champ.

4 minutes ago, Vyky said:

In a very good geared group not alone. :) Do not forget! But some players are just hanging around because they had enough of this childish end-game-gear chasing.

Join a clan?

If you want to play a game solo, this isn't it.

10 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Awakened Pirate and Awakened Siren is more then 320 ap champ.

Join a clan?

If you want to play a game solo, this isn't it.

I tell you what clans do, they have couple of players who geared up to the max but they do not want to bother to help others.

To be honest I think that the money issue for a LOT of people would be greatly improved if soulstones were available via ACTUAL PvE (PvE wearing a faction outfit doesn't count.)  After spending 7.5 gold on a moonwater trans stone, and 20+ gold on the upgrade cost, having to spend 35-40 silver on a single soulstone when I need 230 is insane.

Almost every server has a population of people who can't progress decently because soulstones are locked behind PvP they chose the wrong faction for.  Some people (me for example.) don't want to PvP but have our pve progress hindered by a PvP only material.  Moonstones fall into that category though the price is reasonable considering the number needed.

This has to be looked into quickly before the game suffers from it.. which it already is tbh.

There is no community in this game, just a few players who is rushing to the max. There are no allies, or friendly clans who can help together. There is nothing, only selfish interests. I want to be the best, the first! That is only matters. -Play the game. -What? -Are you mad? -I just want to gear up. These are the answers. Do some fun, enjoy the game, nobody wants to do. Players will be burn out very soon with this mentality. I bet with you, the half of the clans on both sides (EU/NA) will be decrease in this mindless rush after a couple of month. Here in EU it started, clans broken, get bored, tired, left.

I experienced the frustration of the "one patch after another" fiasco in Tera, where the gear I obtained through grinding pvp and pve became obsolete in a couple of months because they decided to start this new "dish out "new" stuff in short timeframes" thing.

Now this is happening even faster in bns, where gold/upgrade mats are strictly tied to limited dailies with fixed rewards (unless you start buying gold with ncoins) and sales on AH are limited as well.

The result is a wider gear gap and people bored of playing the "wait for respawn simulator 2016" game.

It's funny to read people claiming to do the dailies in 40 mins when you usually waste more than that just waiting for respawns.

9 minutes ago, YukiNagato said:

I experienced the frustration of the "one patch after another" fiasco in Tera, where the gear I obtained through grinding pvp and pve became obsolete in a couple of months because they decided to start this new "dish out "new" stuff in short timeframes" thing.

Now this is happening even faster in bns, where gold/upgrade mats are strictly tied to limited dailies with fixed rewards (unless you start buying gold with ncoins) and sales on AH are limited as well.

The result is a wider gear gap and people bored of playing the "wait for respawn simulator 2016" game.

It's funny to read people claiming to do the dailies in 40 mins when you usually waste more than that just waiting for respawns.

Exactly! :)

40 mins to finish 40 quests, with 24s and 6 mans. Great, great! :) It is a joke. :)

I have to agree, I thing the Silverfrost patch was probably 1-2 months too soon.  The patch has not added that much more gold into the average persons daily rotation, but EVERYTHING has gone up in price regardless as people do less and less of the level 45 stuff.  I'm a sliver away from 450AP and am finding a lot of prejudice against me in the level 50 purple dungeons... when according to people these are the main source of gold atm.

I would not mind this grind at all if OPvP balance was fairer and endgame mats were not essentially locked behind pvp.

25g in 40 minutes doing the dailies... Yeah right... what an idiot.....

That is not to say you can't make 25g in 40 mins but it requires you to be quite geared and lucky. Clearly not what the OP is. This game simply isn't casual friendly unfortunately... Kind of reminds me of real life! The rich get richer while the poor stays the same.

1 hour ago, Vyky said:

I tell you what clans do, they have couple of players who geared up to the max but they do not want to bother to help others.

^^This

Also just telling people to join a clan or change clans isn't actually as easy as it sounds. Clans on my server have started asking for minimum APs now too. Over the weekend most of the active clans recruiting were asking for 450AP minimum. Some were even asking for 500+

12 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

The grind is decidedly out of control at this point. Many of us knew it was coming, but it's still pretty painful. It's like living on the coast, knowing that a hurricane could hit, and then being in your house when one does. You accepted the risk, you boarded up the windows when you got word, but when the storm actually arrives, you sure wish you'd sold the place. I tried to catch up this weekend, but MAN is the grind real.

Hell, soulstones are a big issue for non-PvPers, but the grind is also pretty frustrating for PvPers. Not only do you have to PvE to use your zen beans, you now get screamed at for having less than 450AP any time you queue for the only dungeons that drop the certs which allow you to use those gods-damned beans. You can easily do 6-man Necropolis at 350AP, but unless you have clanmates leading the way, you will never get it done due to the pug players who will refuse to even attempt the dungeon upon seeing an Awakened or True Profane weapon. So then you end up in a 300-hour PvE gear grind just to get your gear so you can play the thing that made the game popular in the first place.

Arrgh.

If it takes you 300 hours to get passed True Profame, i think you are doing something wrong goldwise...

I managed to get 175 gold in 3 days (3-4 hours playtime in the evening) to buy my Hongmoon Soul, was broke on saturday, ended sunday with 120 gold again, as i had to buy them i clearly am not running 4 mans, i don't craft, but yeah i did play 8 hours on saturday and sunday.

I am ok with the grind, as opposed to needing to raid 5 days out of 7 every week to keep up, i can hop on do some stuff, hop off and upgrade at my own pace, i dont need to hoard and groom my DKP to buy raid gear etc....i just need to play the game and the upgrades come automatically, just do the most efficient dailies everyday and you don't really need grind-days, hell i am not even in any guild right now, also, ive never had people scream at me when i was True Profane, witch was 3 weeks ago (took a while to settle on my class), but i don't try to join 450 ap parties when i was at 350 and hope they don't notice....

Just play with people around your AP level, don't expect people that worked their asses off to get 500+ to carry you, they will likely want people around their own AP level so they get it done fast and smooth, it is not like they owe you anything right ?

I can't imagine earning 175 gold in just 3 days unless you got really lucky with a drop that people bid crazy for.  If I'm lucky, a day gives me about 10 gold.  I'm sorry, I simply don't see how you could get from broke to 120 gold in one day without doing some extraordinary things or being VERY VERY VERY lucky with drops.   I don't see how its possible as a non pvp-er to earn that much in a couple weeks let alone a day.

3 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

I can't imagine earning 175 gold in just 3 days unless you got really lucky with a drop that people bid crazy for.  If I'm lucky, a day gives me about 10 gold.  I'm sorry, I simply don't see how you could get from broke to 120 gold in one day without doing some extraordinary things or being VERY VERY VERY lucky with drops.   I don't see how its possible as a non pvp-er to earn that much in a couple weeks let alone a day.

There are some unusual ways to get gold , right now people farm lair 4 man for it , even if you don't win the bid war you get money from the players, some people play market and try to making money through this, personally i don't like that prefer to get things playing the game in a normal way doing dailies , etc

36 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

And i cannot fathom how you only get to 10 gold in a day, just doing silverfrost dailies and Mushin tower nets 10 ish gold, give or take a few and that takes an hour at most even doing Poh24 and BSH24 is 6 gold for 1 hour and thats with skipping the bosses or do the 3 purples 6 man versions thats 12-15 gold...and i don't even have a guild or group of friends that play this.

What are you doing for say the 4 hours that you are online for?

Archived