Whats the point of playing anymore?

Eladriel

This is not another qq thread,im seriously wondering whats the point of playing.

Saw a guy with awakened scorpion weapon and maxed out accessories already,not really surprised by that cause if you're rich enough in game you can easily obtain it all in 1 day thou.

My reason im asking this question is,that guy who had already almost maxed out gear has basically the same stats as we all had at lvl 45,only thing that's actually different is AP (attack power) which i personally don't even feel or notice the difference when hitting mobs/bosses.

I went from 460 to 530 and doesn't really feel much stronger,im guessing it's cause our critical rate and crit dmg got lowered the more we lvled. As i said saw a guy with new accessories lvled and he has 5,3k crit rate and 1,7k crit Dmg almost which gives him  57% crit rate and 204% crit dmg lol,only stat that he got higher then before is AP which is now 604

I had higher stats at lvl 45... So the whole point of the new patch except new content is to grind for gear just to have the same stats as i had at lvl 45? only difference is AP.....

Usually when new content is released with new gear you get stronger,this content didn't really bring much except more grind,hell if i wanted to do naryu lab im actually doing it with lower stats then before,my higher AP don't mean shit if i don't max out my accessories ,when doing older content a player should feel overgeared not undergeared...

Im not saying game become harder all of sudden,it stayed the same,every new dungeon so far is doable with even below 500 AP so i seriously don't see a point of gearing up atm.

I agree with op. It does feel weird how the stats are working 45 vs 50. Doing tower easily at 45 (no deaths, <30 min runs 1-8) and when I'd first hit 50 with no upgrades, I was struggling with DPS despite an extra like ~30ap. I was much slower....

Nope, don't have any problem with the lowered stats at 50, I don't even have any of the new gear or soul shield yet, just Pirate weapon, and siren accessories. Every content at 45 just died fast. Was already breezing through them at 45, now even faster at 50.

3 hours ago, Kromede said:

I'm still playing cause I still have shit load of premium time left and I don't see any new games out there suit me eyes neither lol

I'm done with this game when my premium ran out :)

Pretty much that ^ The moment a half-decent game comes out I'm probably giving up on this one. Happy I didn't buy the 1 year premium. This company doesn't deserve the money with all the cash shop crap they pull (see costume transfer). Until then it's a time killer.

29 minutes ago, ellenjanuary said:

Play 'cause it's fun, if it ain't fun, don't play. Ain't really complicated.

seriously, this. If your not having fun just dont play and leave quiet.y,

I till dont see why people are so determined to scream as loud as they can when they leave. im just speaking in general. 

5 minutes ago, Morcra said:

I till dont see why people are so determined to scream as loud as they can when they leave. im just speaking in general. 

For every player  that screams on the forums other 9 leave in silence... or more,  if nobody  would say   that   they left and why, than  all of you elitists and white knights would  just  kiss the arse of NCW  that everything is fine and dandy  and has 2kk players  when  many servers  are  underpopulated in lower lvls and  full of bots. 

Just now, TheHorror said:

For every player  that screams on the forums other 9 leave in silence... or more,  if nobody  would say   that   they left and why, than  all of you elitists and white knights would  just  kiss the arse of NCW  that everything is fine and dandy  and has 2kk players  when  many servers  are  underpopulated in lower lvls and  full of bots. 

"Elitist" and "NCW". White Knight. Who the heck am i defending. IK dam well the bullhit problems this game has. The economy is shit, its greedy as *cricket* with alot of underhanded money making ideas. There are *cricket*ing bots everywhere. The grind can get crazy, its optimization is poor as *cricket*. The content is lacking. Upgrading is a bite in the royal ass.  The guild system, IMHO, is just stupid.

But i dont feel the need to come crying to the forums about it when so many others are doing that job. If i do ill at least suggest better ways to do whatever the problem is and just be done.  I dont even qualify as an elitist. i spend mot of my time playing this game with a casual low level guild and leveling my alts. havent even reached true Pirate, and im ok with that. Cus i like my pace.

The only reason i dont *cricket* at every constant moment is because i try not to stress myself over a game.  So get off you royal throne of assitude.

Idiots saying "just leave lmao" Yeah when the game is deserted because people keep leaving and you're one of the few who keeps playing i hope you get *cricket*ed for not having any help in dungeons.

Also if there's a problem with  the game that's making more and more people leave i suggest ncsoft to fix the problem instead of just saying "deal with it" and i suggest the white knights to actually play the game and see how bad it is and stop licking ncsoft's ass.

Your character didn't become weaker. What you see in menu, is stats against lvl 50 monsters, and they are different from lvl 45 monsters.

5.3k Crit rate = 57% chance to critically hit a lvl 50 monster, but also,

5.3k Crit rate = 67% chance to critically hit a lvl 45 monster. You just don't see it in menu, you see only stats against monsters of the same level as your character.

Same for crit damage,

1700 Crit dmg = 223% crit damage to lvl 45 monster.

The relationship between the defence number/value and the dmg reduction % for level 45 & level 50 is given by the curve below:

Defence-Stats-Curve-2.jpg

The above curve is only true when the attacker and the target are at the same level, i.e. a level 45 character attacking another level 45 targer (green) or level 50 character attacking another level 50 target (red).

Source: http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-damage-calculation-mechanics-level-50/

7 hours ago, Artifact said:

Lol no, you didn't have higher crit and higher crit dmg at 45.

good try though.

You did,iv seen people who had 60% crit rate at lvl 45 and i myself had 58%. Now i didn't gear fully yet with new content but as i said the person with awakened new gear  + accessories has 57%  so basically need to gear up to reach same stats as before. I heard reason for this is actually cause we had unbalanced content so far and that we were too strong then we should have been or something like that,not sure if it's true.

4 hours ago, Morcra said:

Not sure if this was pointed to me but i didn't write i was quiting or screamed anything,as i said i was simply asking a question.

3 hours ago, Rayden said:

Your character didn't become weaker. What you see in menu, is stats against lvl 50 monsters, and they are different from lvl 45 monsters.

5.3k Crit rate = 57% chance to critically hit a lvl 50 monster, but also,

5.3k Crit rate = 67% chance to critically hit a lvl 45 monster. You just don't see it in menu, you see only stats against monsters of the same level as your character.

Same for crit damage,

1700 Crit dmg = 223% crit damage to lvl 45 monster.

The relationship between the defence number/value and the dmg reduction % for level 45 & level 50 is given by the curve below:

Defence-Stats-Curve-2.jpg

The above curve is only true when the attacker and the target are at the same level, i.e. a level 45 character attacking another level 45 targer (green) or level 50 character attacking another level 50 target (red).

Source: http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-damage-calculation-mechanics-level-50/

Thank you,i did not know that. Still would be nice to see all stats cause like this is just looks demotivating :D 

4 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

You did,iv seen people who had 60% crit rate at lvl 45 and i myself had 58%. Now i didn't gear fully yet with new content but as i said the person with awakened new gear  + accessories has 57%  so basically need to gear up to reach same stats as before. I heard reason for this is actually cause we had unbalanced content so far and that we were too strong then we should have been or something like that,not sure if it's true.

Not sure if this was pointed to me but i didn't write i was quiting or screamed anything,as i said i was simply asking a question.

Thank you,i did not know that. Still would be nice to see all stats cause like this is just looks demotivating :D 

it wasnt directed at u. like i said, just in general.

but yeah im playing it cus i still find it fun. Mostly due to experimenting with lots of alts.  i keep myself entertained and dont worry about endgame as much

Weird, I feel alot stronger my 500+ AP than when I was like 460. I couldn't clear Mushin's Darkness before on my warlock but now I can. The tower is a breeze now, except the last fight.

Majority is way behind 500AP and if it would be required to do new dungeons, this game would turn to another Wildstar. Gearing after True Pirate is preparing for next updates and making current 4mans easier.

The question is are you still having fun playing?

5 minutes ago, Fyk0 said:

Weird, I feel alot stronger my 500+ AP than when I was like 460. I couldn't clear Mushin's Darkness before on my warlock but now I can. The tower is a breeze now, except the last fight.

Majority is way behind 500AP and if it would be required to do new dungeons, this game would turn to another Wildstar. Gearing after True Pirate is preparing for next updates and making current 4mans easier.

The question is are you still having fun playing?

My bro completed mushin with his Wl while he had 410-420  AP he was even HM lvl 1 only, so i don't think AP matters that much,i had hard time with mushin even with my 460 AP on my KFM,while some people cleared it easily even with much lower AP with same class, think it mostly depends on your ping and skill build and  ofc how good are  you at your class.

I had fun before,now i can't say the same. I don't actually mind all the grind cause i don't even have the time for it,when it was released at first i was on 1 month vacation of my job so getting gear was pretty easy,now i do work again and i could spend enough money to exchange for gold to upgrade to new stuff if i wanted to,but i just don't think it's worth.

I had high hopes for this game and i wanted a game that would keep me for at least 2-3 years,this game just doesn't offer that feel the need of playing it.

"This is not another QQ thread"

*proceeds to QQ because someone got better gear*

alright mate.

Dead simple solution:

6 hours ago, ellenjanuary said:

Play 'cause it's fun, if it ain't fun, don't play. Ain't really complicated.

If you have to question yourself "why do I play this" you probably are not having fun and shouldn't be playing.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

"This is not another QQ thread"

*proceeds to QQ because someone got better gear*

alright mate.

Dead simple solution:

If you have to question yourself "why do I play this" you probably are not having fun and shouldn't be playing.

Not sure if you actually read my post or you lack understanding skills,at what point did i complain that someone has better gear then i do? i said that person with better gear has same stats as i had on lvl 45. And that the only problem was that gearing up again will just bring me to same stats that i had 5 lvls ago. I even said gearing up was fairly easy but that i don't see the point of doing it cause it seems i don't get anything beside more AP.

Please instead of posting useless crap to make yourself feel better,first read then comment and if it feels like you didn't understand at first,read again.

14 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Not sure if you actually read my post or you lack understanding skills,at what point did i complain that someone has better gear then i do? i said that person with better gear has same stats as i had on lvl 45. And that the only problem was that gearing up again will just bring me to same stats that i had 5 lvls ago. I even said gearing up was fairly easy but that i don't see the point of doing it cause it seems i don't get anything beside more AP.

I was simply emphasizing that your thread title, first sentence, and rest of the post are in a mismatch. With how you phrased everything it is, indeed, "yet another qq thread", albeit for different reasons than most. You could phrase it like an actual question, but that's how it ended up. So your concerns were answered by @Rayden while your thread title is answered by @ellenjanuary and the rest.

If you didn't want it to sound like a QQ thread you could use a title like "What's the point of leveling up after 45".

24 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Please instead of posting useless crap to make yourself feel better,first read then comment and if it feels like you didn't understand at first,read again.

Boy do I feel better now!

Archived