Hime

Weapon Progression Guide

Recommended Posts

On 27/4/2016 at 9:06 PM, Lorelei said:

Any word on if/when the Siren/Pirate path is going to be removed? Or am I just an idiot and haven't found it buried among the 7 pages of this thread thus far? I'm an altaholic, so if there's plans to remove the Pirate path anytime soon I'd like to know so that I can upgrade as many of my characters as I can before they're locked out of it.

It's just out

 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/weapon-path-gem-hammer-changes/

 

 

...Im still at awakened siren right now... Thing is.. How the F i can properly farm with all of this 1000 132 10054 disconnection BS around me..

 

SSP farm are out of reach for me as i simply don't have enough power for register enough dmg at Bulmu...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hani002   

since I did some research before, the forums said that Siren/pirate path are better than Oathbreaker.

So I already progressed towards Awakened Siren.

the thing is.... NCsoft global now decided to take down Siren/pirate path.
with my limited playtime (say 3~5 hours a day, and 2~3 days a week), I doubt I can escape the Siren/Pirate wipe-out.

are devs planning to help casuals like me or straight spitting on casuals to quit?

 

really need more info an clarification regarding this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zorz767   
On 6. 5. 2016 at 6:06 AM, hani002 said:

since I did some research before, the forums said that Siren/pirate path are better than Oathbreaker.

So I already progressed towards Awakened Siren.

the thing is.... NCsoft global now decided to take down Siren/pirate path.
with my limited playtime (say 3~5 hours a day, and 2~3 days a week), I doubt I can escape the Siren/Pirate wipe-out.

are devs planning to help casuals like me or straight spitting on casuals to quit?

 

really need more info an clarification regarding this.

Right now you can go to the new path from True siren and True pirate. As I understand, this won't change, so I suggeest you upgrade to True siren before junde the 1st and you should be fine (I did the same). No info about wakened siren/pirate though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hani002   
On Saturday, May 07, 2016 at 2:01 PM, zorz767 said:

Right now you can go to the new path from True siren and True pirate. As I understand, this won't change, so I suggeest you upgrade to True siren before junde the 1st and you should be fine (I did the same). No info about wakened siren/pirate though.

I hope I could reach that within a month.
the prices are unstable and my login time barely do stuffs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 April 2016 at 4:34 AM, SnugglesFairie said:

I went oathbreaker on the advice of a "clanmate."  She was a level 50 Hm 5 at the time.  She said that all new level 45s should go the oathbreaker way because it was faster, cheaper, and easier to get the materials. The forums were down, so I trusted her advice. I found out later, that she was trolling me.   Apparently I got an outfit the 6th time I ran a dungeon- an outfit that she had been trying to get for dozens of runs.  So she trolled me. 

 

Now looking at how much gold, time, and materials it will cost me to continue down the oathbreaker path, It really makes me want to quit the game.  The cost is far too much for all of them.   Since I can't play for longer than 1-2 hours a day due to real life and health issues, it will take me months just to get the stuff.  The game is supposed to be fun, not a chore or a real life job. 

 

Sure I can start a new weapon over. But again that means running all these dungeons and killing bosses, that no one does anymore.  Add in the horrible RNG that I had the first time around, all those keys wasted.  All those dungeon runs and waiting forever for a party to kill a boss....I just feel like it isn't worth it.

 

The Devs really need to take a look at the cost of materials right now and how much time and effort people are going to have to spend.  It is like a giant slap in the face to anyone who goes the oathbreaker path. 

 

Yes it is my fault for trusting a clanmate.  I should have waited til the forums came up and investigated more.  But since I will be having a medical procedure, I just wanted to upgrade and play a bit before I go in.

 

Anyway if anyone reads this and wonders what path to take... do NOT go oathbreaker. 

 

edit to add:  Shame on the DEVs for adding in a path that costs so much more.  If they wanted a new path, fine.  But to make it cost almost double ( or more ) of the other path.... it is just insane.  I can see so many people falling into the trap that I did.  Getting trolled, or just seeing that no one runs the dungeons or raids for the pirate path.  So they go with what they think will be a cheaper and easier path. 

 

edit to add:  I know that I posted this in another thread.  But I am posting it here so that many it prevents someone from going down the oathbreaker path and getting stuck like I am.

 

  I doubt the game Devs will come to their senses and reduce the cost of gold and materials. So just do not go oathbreaker.

I went Oathbreaker on my original weapon only to realise it was more expensive (about double) after reaching stage 10. I don't blame anybody since information about the upgrades are available on the internet (which I only found out later).

 

After weighing the cost of continuing the weapon vs remaking one to True Pirate, I remade a second weapon to True Pirate which is now at True Breeze. The hassle of recollecting the materials is true, but the cost is significantly lesser plus lower-leveled dungeons and mobs are mostly doable alone at max level. 

 

Recently I made an alternate FM character and rushed to Awakened Pirate asap because I still feel that the old path is much more worth the effort than all that potential gold you would lose on Oathbreaker path.

Edited by Codename Loner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so bout the new mat that lowers the cost for upgrading ur weapon is busted it shood lower the cost for soulstone and trans. stone but it only makes it more I'm not that far with my weapon its like  True Siren stage 10 and if I folow the normal way its like this : 7 transf stone 150 soulstone 21 Hae Mujin's  10 N Silver and 18 GOLD and if I poot the Nebula Stone then Its 9 transf stone 200 soulstone and  18 Hae Mujin's and 24 GOLD so in my opinion  we pay more if we use the nebula stone

So I started calculating what if I buy all the mats from the market and be suprised its cheaper whiout the nebula stone

If I go the normal way and buy all the mats from the market it wood cost like  90 or 110 gold give or take

And if I go Nebula stone its like 150 or 170 give or take  on the price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ceraf   
Quote

To clarify, True Profane will now only be able to progress to Oathbreaker and True Siren will only be able to progress to True Oathbreaker.  The path from True Pirate will remain unchanged and can only progress to True Breeze.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/weapon-path-gem-hammer-changes/

 

Question....if I'm at Awakened Pirate, can I still progress to True Pirate -> True Breeze after June 1?

Edited by ceraf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice, when someone could answer it. I am also at awak. Pirate und would know, if i should upgrade it till 1.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SGYu   

Still rushing to A.Pirate here. Just need 6 more moonwater trans stones, 95 soulstones, 10 Maschimos. 
I believe miracles can happen desu!~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyrean   

I finally reached awakened pirate both for my warlock and girlfriend's FM.

Yahoo! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SGYu   
17 minutes ago, Tyrean said:

I finally reached awakened pirate both for my warlock and girlfriend's FM.

Yahoo! :D

Likewise, got to Awakened Pirate last weekend. High five mate, now we can relax.
Im still not too happy about the decision to remove the Siren/Pirate path, but since they have decided to do so there's not much choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likewise. Reached Awakened Pirate some time ago. Now I could just use one Nebula Stone, just in case. Other than that, though, I'm at a safe spot concerning weapon path, at least on my main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyrean   
15 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Likewise. Reached Awakened Pirate some time ago. Now I could just use one Nebula Stone, just in case. Other than that, though, I'm at a safe spot concerning weapon path, at least on my main.

Likewise. I have 2 Nebula Stones but I only have limited time to play and grind for materials.

I'm still hoping that NCSoft/Mods will be more considerable for casual players and make Nebula Stones reusable forever (not until June 22).

Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   
On 30. 5. 2016 at 6:51 AM, SGYu said:

Likewise, got to Awakened Pirate last weekend. High five mate, now we can relax.
Im still not too happy about the decision to remove the Siren/Pirate path, but since they have decided to do so there's not much choice.

Well... The true siren/true pirate weapons were designed as lvl 45 end game weapons but with release of silverfrost (adding more sources of soulstones/money) they become easier to obtain than they were intended. I think we should be happy that we had that much time to go the siren/pirate path instead of being forced to go oathbreaker path with silverforst release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SGYu   
2 hours ago, Dlacik said:

Well... The true siren/true pirate weapons were designed as lvl 45 end game weapons but with release of silverfrost (adding more sources of soulstones/money) they become easier to obtain than they were intended. I think we should be happy that we had that much time to go the siren/pirate path instead of being forced to go oathbreaker path with silverforst release.

Agree with you to some extent on that. I've already achieved my aim of getting pirate on my main so yeah, pressure off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mini55   

 Lots of people were stressing about the release being too soon because they couldn't lock the path they wanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.