Weapon Progression Guide

Hime

• NCSOFT

With the launch of Silverfrost Mountains on March 23, one of the changes made to the game is the weapon progression system. Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress.  

Current:
>> True Profane -> Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate >>

New:
>> True Profane ->Awakened Siren
-OR- Oathbreaker >>

If you have already started on or choose the
Siren weapon path, your new progression will look like this:
>>Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> True Oathbreaker
-OR- Awakened Pirate >>

Once you choose the Oathbreaker path, your new progression will look like this:
>> Oathbreaker -> Awakened Oathbreaker -> True Oathbreaker -> Awakened Breeze -> True Breeze >>

If you have already started on the Pirate weapon path or end up on this path, your progression will continue like this:
>>Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate -> True Breeze >>

If you are still using the True Profane weapon by the time Silverfrost Mountain launches, you should be able to start the new content without any issues and your weapon will progress as it normally would as you play through the game.

The new Silverfrost Mountains weapon progression is comparable to that currently found in Moonwater Plains and True Breeze is where the paths finally merge and the final weapon you can currently obtain is Awakened Scorpio. The upgrade materials, material acquisition, and economy surrounding the new progression will be different in Silverfrost Mountains, and designed to work together as a whole. To note, accessory progression remains unchanged.

We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about the progression system. You may also find many answers when Silverfrost Mountains launches on March 23, 2016.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So u can choose to upgrade directly to new one or stay on same? Will mats be new ones or will they still use MTS and such for old path? Also what is the point of choosing are the stats different? is it like u can do normal path up to true pirate and then go to new?

Thanks for the info im glad of this change 

4 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

So u can choose to upgrade directly to new one or stay on same? Will mats be new ones or will they still use MTS and such for old path? Also what is the point of choosing are the stats different? is it like u can do normal path up to true pirate and then go to new?

Thanks for the info im glad of this change 

Some will require Moonwater and Silverfrost materials

So, you make an announcement for a major patch that changes the entire end-game 2 days before it comes live.

You make people who were saving for the patch stress up and spend the entire day rushing to Pirate.

Then, 1 day before the patch you say "oh, we're not going to change it".

Let people know of your plans sooner maybe? And a little more transparency next time?

I've spent 500g on mats that where I could have spent 200/300g a couple of days from now if you actually spoke to the community of your plans instead of letting everyone guess, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Bad communication from your part, again.

Can I ask why we were mislead in the patch notes? It clearly states we will "jump" to the new system, nothing about options.

Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system.

Source: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/silverfrost-mountains-expansion-this-spring/

I'm just going to breathe a sigh of relief instead of worrying that I just wasted a ton of gold upgrading to True Siren that might have gone to waste because I couldn't hit pirate in time. Would have been nice to know this earlier but at least it came now so I can spend tomorrow relaxing and upgrading at my own pace instead of trying to burn myself out grinding throughout the day

Wait....did I just spend all day grinding gold and soulstones to upgrade just to be told now, a mere 48 hours before the patch that there is a choice in what I want to upgrade to.

*slow golf clap*

This has got to be the worst release of a new patch, ever.  How dumb do you have to be to release a new patch 2 days after you announce its release? It's like they found the memo under a pile of complaints about bots and bad communication and thought "OSHYTSON this needed to be done like, 3 weeks ago, thought we did it already! No? Well do it now and let's hope no one notices."

People will quit because of this ridiculousness, because that is exactly what it is.

2 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Wait....did I just spend all day grinding gold and soulstones to upgrade just to be told there is a choice in what I want to upgrade to.

*slow golf clap*

This has got to be the worst release of a new patch, ever.  How dumb do you have to be to release a new patch 2 days after you announce its release? It's like they found the memo under a pile of complaints about bots and bad communication and thought "OSHYTSON this needed to be done like, 3 weeks ago, thought we did it already! No? Well do it now and let's hope no one notices."

People will quit because of this ridiculousness, because that is exactly what it is.

and ppl are overreacting for no reason aswell.  sure they coulda say earlier something about that stuff, but u gonna die now if u just know it now? pls, calm down lol. u coulda use ur brain too: it is OBVIOUS that they would NEVER say "oh u guy have true siren, since we have a new path, u cant upgrade ur wep anymore, make a new one! " pls... just thinking a bit helps alot :s

Just now, lillywindy said:

and ppl are overreacting for no reason aswell.  sure they coulda say earlier something about that stuff, but u gonna die now if u just know it now? pls, calm down lol. u coulda use ur brain too: it is OBVIOUS that they would NEVER say "oh u guy have true siren, since we have a new path, u cant upgrade ur wep anymore, make a new one! " pls... just thinking a bit helps alot :s

Uhh, you know, you wouldn't lose your Siren, just weren't going to upgrade if to Pirate but to a new weapon?

"Thinking a bit helps a lot" this is the 5th version of this game, on all the other versions they deleted the old path, if NCSoft wants to be different from the other versions, they should SAY IT and not LIE ABOUT IT "Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system." (From official Blade and Soul website)

So they say everyone would jump to the new system and now they say we can choose, it's not our fault they can't communicate

5 minutes ago, lillywindy said:

- content moderated -

No one assumed anyone would 'have to make a new weapon'.  Knowing you have the choice as to whether you want to stick where you are and save money for a better upgrade, or upgrade right now before the patch would have made a world of difference to player enjoyment quality.  

Hime posted this 26minutes ago, after people from both NA and EU were rushing all day to level their gear because of the lack of information that was given on this subject.

It's not about 'overreacting', it's about getting your shi.t together to enable the playerbase to be in the know for future patches with enough time for them to prepare.  

I mean, for fvcks sake, Aion has been waiting for its patch for nearly a *cricket* year and we get 2 days notice.  It's just bad business, plain and simple.

5 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

- moderated content -

doesnt matter what game lol, aion in NA and asia too ofc hu? w/e, u compare a fly with an egg u know.

and i dont understand why ppl rly ONLY qq all time. if u so unhappy and uncomfi with this game/ncsoft or w/e , WHY do u play this then here? why do u bother looking even into this forum? this logic lol..

1 minute ago, Discolipsss said:

I don't understand how anyone is defending NCwest. They failed us on this and they are now scrambling to fix it. All we can do is spit out the bad taste and move on or swish it until the next slap in the face. 

Huh?  Lots of people were stressing about the release being too soon because they couldn't lock the path they wanted.

They change it so you can choose the path, and you're still upset?  

27 minutes ago, Mighty said:

So, you make an announcement for a major patch that changes the entire end-game 2 days before it comes live.

You make people who were saving for the patch stress up and spend the entire day rushing to Pirate.

Then, 1 day before the patch you say "oh, we're not going to change it".

Let people know of your plans sooner maybe? And a little more transparency next time?

I've spent 500g on mats that where I could have spent 200/300g a couple of days from now if you actually spoke to the community of your plans instead of letting everyone guess, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Bad communication from your part, again.

20 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Wait....did I just spend all day grinding gold and soulstones to upgrade just to be told now, a mere 48 hours before the patch that there is a choice in what I want to upgrade to.

*slow golf clap*

You weren't forced to upgrade all the way to True Pirate. Its your problem if you decided to rush everything, not theirs.

Archived