Weapon Progression Guide

Hime

10 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

I have true siren stage 10 so what are my options now ?

I suggest going Pirate path. The Oathbreaker path is literally just there to keep the players behind updated with their weapons. It's going to be slightly cheaper to get breeze eventually (: 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TopKEK said:

I suggest going Pirate path. The Oathbreaker path is literally just there to keep the players behind updated with their weapons. It's going to be slightly cheaper to get breeze eventually (: 

So for pirate i need fark pirate dagger but where it drops?

19 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

Finally a simple answer to a simple question I've been looking for. :) Thanks!

2 hours ago, Newk said:

Besides the names, how accurate are this chart in terms of materials needed to upgrade?

2fPHzkk.png

All material and gold cost took from TW site

True pirate > True breeze material and cost in this chart is the same as it's show in game

so I guess

Transformation cost and material will be the same

Breakthrough cost and material might be change like they did for current true profane > true pirate.

the point of why ppl today is rushing to pirate because upgrading from profane/siren when lvl50 released is more expensive and cost x10 more gold 

so lets say you have 100 gold today... you should spend it immidiately to upgrade your weapon because when lvl50 cap the value of 100 gold today would become 'nothing' compare to lvl50 cap which you can earn in as fast as 100gold a day

I've clearly missed something here. What is all this talk about them not telling us of the upgrade paths? I've been aware of it since the unchained patch came out.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/160533-guide-weapons-and-soul-shields-for-the-unchained-patch-march-2nd/

I recall it being pretty much confirmed on the live-stream I kinda just let being on in the background. It was pretty much only the names that wasn't final or something like that... Or was I just having a very realistic, clairvoyant dream somewhere along the line? I was just simply thinking "oh, ok, so the names are final now, nothing new except that" when I read this announcement.

A lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that "jump" in this case meant that you abandon your old weapon and get a new one, I interpreted it as you abandoning your old path, since you can't go back to siren or pirate once you've upgraded to the new path. And "skip ahead" meant you skipped a few upgrades on the new path.

I am still a bit confuse about the weapon, i tryed to ask in chat in game but ofc they all sayed differnt -.- atm i have the awakend priate. what will happend for me? Someone told me i needed to get to true pirate if i was going to get the skip? 

8 minutes ago, Lixini said:

I am still a bit confuse about the weapon, i tryed to ask in chat in game but ofc they all sayed differnt -.- atm i have the awakend priate. what will happend for me? Someone told me i needed to get to true pirate if i was going to get the skip? 

You are going to just follow normal progression. So after Awakened Pirate you will go to True Pirate and finally True Breeze, this handy chart explains it best.

VV

4 hours ago, Yomachi said:

Ok, so tiny chart for clarity...
GKCi34w.png
and I hope I understood correctly. =w=

2 minutes ago, Emihkka said:

You are going to just follow normal progression. So after Awakened Pirate you will go to True Pirate and finally True Breeze, this handy chart explains it best.

VV

ahh okey, i started to panic a bit and was stressing to try and see if i could make to true pirate. thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, Emihkka said:

VV

I dont really understand them for my case.

I am True Siren. Why I have 2 choices, that leads to the same thing ?

Maybe it's about the mats ? The second path needs new patch mats, while the pirate needs old (actual) mats ? If it's only for that I think I will choose the pirate, cause I will not be able to have all mats of the new patch directly after the release ?

1 minute ago, Anewien said:

I dont really understand them for my case.

I am True Siren. Why I have 2 choices, that leads to the same thing ?

You will have two choices that will lead to the same thing. One uses Materials from the new content and the other uses the materials from what we currently have (Dark Pirate and Pirate weapons).

1 hour ago, Bubblebuns said:

I'm still a bit unsure because the post is sort of vague... Will people still at Profane be given the path choice when they upgrade too? I'm not sure what it means by "Weapon will progress as normal"

I was guessing Hime basically meant that you will still have the choice to go for Awakened Siren, but True Profane should be sufficiently capable of handling the new Silverfrost content that you shouldn't any have trouble progressing (normal rate of progression) your weapon via the new Oathbreaker path if so you choose.

4 minutes ago, DreaddKnight said:

I'm a new level 45 destroyer with True Infernal Axe - Stage 10 max. How am i affected by this new patch? Thanks for a reply :)

You are not. You can choose to make either Oath-breaker (or) siren like everyone is.

@hime

Is there any aditional price associated when choosing path?

Are mats from siren and pirate paths the same as currently, or new ones? Also, are mats from the new paths the ones posted here i.imgur.com/2fPHzkk.png?

Haha i knew you guys will do it like this, rip to all those people q.q-ing about how they are screwed.

Guys

Guys
Guys listen, silvefrorest comes and you all claim your upgrades are screwed impossible to get too slow... no you stil progress through ur stuff normaly so if you didnt get true pirate is not the end of the world, why is everyone saying ur screwed if youre stuck at profane...

9 hours ago, Mighty said:

So, you make an announcement for a major patch that changes the entire end-game 2 days before it comes live.

You make people who were saving for the patch stress up and spend the entire day rushing to Pirate.

Then, 1 day before the patch you say "oh, we're not going to change it".

Let people know of your plans sooner maybe? And a little more transparency next time?

I've spent 500g on mats that where I could have spent 200/300g a couple of days from now if you actually spoke to the community of your plans instead of letting everyone guess, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Bad communication from your part, again.

Sadly, i fully agree with this. While what ncsoft does is in no way bad (only need to fix bots now xD) and the intention behind it might be really nice.. the communication and transparency is really bad and causes a lot of trouble for their players. 

46 minutes ago, Belly Da Melly said:

Haha i knew you guys will do it like this, rip to all those people q.q-ing about how they are screwed.

Guys

Guys
Guys listen, silvefrorest comes and you all claim your upgrades are screwed impossible to get too slow... no you stil progress through ur stuff normaly so if you didnt get true pirate is not the end of the world, why is everyone saying ur screwed if youre stuck at profane...

As we "thought" weapon path was locked, yea we were under the assumption we were screwed. But now as we don't have to be locked to Oath-breaker anymore we ALL are breathing quite well.

Archived