Fix the EU servers NCSOFT

Adoria

Already posted this somewhere also but basically here's a TLDR: LompSv6.jpg

Basically as you can see there at the right side of the pic, when you are ingame at EU you have low ping sure, like 40 ms, but you are dropping packets constantly, thats because you are connecting indirectly to NA (texas), let me explain that, basically you are connecting to a physical server on EU (Frankfurt) but this server at the same time is sending the connex to NA (Texas) which on its way drops packets cause its not direct connexion to NA. If you notice there's a point that my ping goes up to 150+ thats when i'm on the char select. For make it clear char select/arena/dungeon menu are located on NA and if you notice you never drop packets there. Sorry for that long TLDR LOL.

Edit: its been like this always this is a pic from like 1 1/2 weeks ago

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NA have terrible ping too. I have amazing perfected 32 ms internet, and BnS is the only game that i get freezing, terrible ping, and input delay. On top of that, bad optimization. There is a reason why I haven't bought premium yet. They just don't care it seems.

Oh yes this is so bad, look at my screen there... Ncsoft has to do something i cant play the game with that ping

Unbenannt187f0.png

srsly if you guys have bad ping then its definitely not the fault of the server. Obviously its some connection in between your local IPS and the server itself.

4 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

Oh yes this is so bad, look at my screen there... Ncsoft has to do something i cant play the game with that ping

Unbenannt187f0.png

srsly if you guys have bad ping then its definitely not the fault of the server. Obviously its some connection in between your local IPS and the server itself.

where you live? i want move out for your city lol

This game was not designed for nation wide so wouldn't be surprise the extra stress/connections from all around the world is crushing the servers.

Just look at KR, they got the best country LAN ever and this game is originally designed for KR audience.

2 hours ago, Aevri said:

This game was not designed for nation wide so wouldn't be surprise the extra stress/connections from all around the world is crushing the servers.

Just look at KR, they got the best country LAN ever and this game is originally designed for KR audience.

we have players who still play on kr servers and they admit that from ny to kr its much better than from ny to texas:) this is so KappaPride boyz:) i mean better in servers stability which are no lag spikes, freezes and etc.

3 hours ago, LightningSora said:

> when your internet looks like this3N5uU9CP.png but you got to put the blames on the game.

When your internet looks like this 925967571.png but you got to be an annoying prick on the forumz.

Hey, look! I can post random images too! Because no one ever had lag issues in BnS, amirite? /s

Thing is, everyone blames NCsoft and the server for being bad because they are lagging, but the truth is, that it is not neccessarily NCsofts fault.

If you experience Lags and packet losses then its probably your Internet provider or some server connections in between you and the Game servers.

And NCsoft can only do so much as looking into their own Servers and maybe their own Provider, but if there is no error or fault in there then they can only do so little.

There are so many ISPs out there in the different Countries, Germany, Spain, France, GB, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and so on... NCsoft cant reach out to everyone.

Also pinging yahoo servers or other non gaming servers is pretty useless to show anything. Those servers have a higher toleranz for packet losses.

Example: Teamspeak has a pretty good toleranz for Disconnects. If your internet disconnects and immediately reconnects, which most of the time takes about 10 maybe up to 20 seconds, then teamspeak does not care, it wont tell you that the connection was lost.

8 hours ago, MinaTakashi said:
24 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

Thing is, everyone blames NCsoft and the server for being bad because they are lagging, but the truth is, that it is not neccessarily NCsofts fault.

If you experience Lags and packet losses then its probably your Internet provider or some server connections in between you and the Game servers.

And NCsoft can only do so much as looking into their own Servers and maybe their own Provider, but if there is no error or fault in there then they can only do so little.

Counter this, White Knight:

"Our European servers are in Frankfurt, Germany. When you are in the game world itself, from any of our European servers, you are connected to Frankfurt. Sometimes you may notice NA servers go down when EU servers are still online. However, we have many components that still connect to NA directly. That is where are login servers are located and a few other systems like Marketplace. It isn't the best system for our EU players, especially with the high traffic we've been experiencing with Blade & Soul. We are looking into see how we can adjust that to ensure a better experience for our EU players. "

33 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

There are so many ISPs out there in the different Countries, Germany, Spain, France, GB, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and so on... NCsoft cant reach out to everyone.

Also pinging yahoo servers or other non gaming servers is pretty useless to show anything. Those servers have a higher toleranz for packet losses.

Example: Teamspeak has a pretty good toleranz for Disconnects. If your internet disconnects and immediately reconnects, which most of the time takes about 10 maybe up to 20 seconds, then teamspeak does not care, it wont tell you that the connection was lost.

Do you even read what others ppl writed?

Most players say that they have only problems with B&S just like me. I play Tera, BDO, LOL, Starcraft2, CS, GW2, and more games and never have any problems with connection or lags. The only problem is B&S! So yes its my connection foult xD.

What is this bullshit with White knight lol...

However Celestine, where is the counter on that to my post?

It comes back to the facts that i said. If there is something wrong in the line then you are likely to experience lags. And NCsoft does not own a 1000 miles long undersea internet cable. They can try to improve the performance of their server but they can only do so little if there is something wrong in the middle.

So my statement is still true

11 hours ago, Exadon said:

Not only it's probably impossible to do it in a hour, but it's gonna require so much money.

Im sick of this excuse.

When you buy a car do you get the excuse, "sorry no wheels come with the car because it will cost too much money?"

Stop being naïve and get your head screwed on straight, you pay for a service, you get a service, if the service is not there, the money people are paying is to deliver that service.

This is not just a EU problem, its happening on all servers across their entire network.

They simply went cheap on servers or there is an issue they need to find and address.

Either way, it needs to be fixed.

48 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

I only get packet loss with B&S, how do you explain this?

Do you know what packet loss is or how it eventuates?

This problem has been going on since beta and it never got address there either.

Yeah you do get packet loss and i do know what it is.

But on the other hand, why do certain people have those issues where other people like me (with a proven ping screenshot just like the QQing OP) can play without any issues.

How do you explain this then?

Just a little story:

Back in the days when i played Aion we had a time where we had also problems with the connections to the game servers, and  what was the reason for those issues? Everyone said it was NCsoft that *cricket*ed the server up but at the end it was some Routing Server from an ISP that had problems and whichs physical location was one of the last stations the traffic had to go through to reach the servers. 80% of the traffic for the game went through this router server (which was not owned by Ncsoft at all).

After NCsoft investigated that and found that it was that server in the middle they found the solution and managed to route the traffic through other servers instead.

Conclusion: The broken server in the middle was causing the issue and it was fixed but it took quite some time to fix that

24 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

What is this bullshit with White knight lol...

However Celestine, where is the counter on that to my post?

It comes back to the facts that i said. If there is something wrong in the line then you are likely to experience lags. And NCsoft does not own a 1000 miles long undersea internet cable. They can try to improve the performance of their server but they can only do so little if there is something wrong in the middle.

So my statement is still true

I tell you what you have to White Knight:

Parts ot the EU servers are in NA. So everyone of us playing on EU servers MUST connect to NA. As long as we use only parts of the EU server, we have super pings (as seen in the pics) <100ms. But as soon as the server structure needs to get informations from NA servers, we have a ping timeout. This is what causes the lags. Means, as long as you stand idle in a part that is on EU servers, your ping is fine. As soon as you login, enter marketplace or "other systems" (Arena?), you'll get pakte losses and thus lag.

White Knight me why "part of the EU servers" are in NA.

If its cheap most companies will go for it since plenty of the younger people nowadays will still pay for these

poor services without knowing any better

Almost all companies AERIA, WEBZEN etc etc are basically run by investment companies with the main aim to

make money not make dedicated clients

In the past companies used to have great servers, great customer care, in game GM's, GS's all the time. The result

was happy clients always coming along to play their new releases and pay for the privilege

Sadly today its Get people to pay £100's of pounds to become a benefactor or similar words to then test their game for

bugs - So your paying them to test their games for them, they are the only ones benefitting from this

Once you've paid them to do their work  - they then release a beta version, on a what seems like a homemade server

with the vital mall/shop, they then add a forum with it seems no mods, let players deal with everything in game instead of

providing in game help

This is how it works nowadays and I'm so glad I got to experience gaming in the past when it was run by people with

pride

They need to start giving us dedicated EU servers not through port servers that only mess up our pings and I think

in all honestly most EU players will happily make accounts on US servers if they wanted to play with their American

friends

Get it done more will pay - Its not brain surgery

Some of you are very dense... You keep casually ignoring the fact that this is not a widespread issue happening to 99% of the EU player base lol. I know many players that are having no such issues @_@ If this truly was as simple as "ncsoft is on cheapo servers and its their fault" then wouldnt vast majority of the fanbase be on this forum complaining? Its really not that many people coming here to complain about this issue lol and there are  a bunch here that have no issues state.

Thats almost concrete proof that the issue is somewhere in the middle. As the user above posted the story about aion and how the problem was found to be an over packed routing server was causing issues for a lot of people. And believe it or not it is possible to have a fine connection on other games but lag on bns. As I said it all depends on what the middle ground is doing. not every game uses the same routing & same pathing for your connection to it.

Rather than raging like lunatics and making yourselves look like 17 year olds why not be a little more civil? All of this embarrassing acting out and crying is really sad looking. Ncsoft likes money so I highly doubt they will just do nothing  about this. They solved the issue for aion i dont see why they wouldnt solve it for this lol... Try to act more your age people.

38 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

Some of you are very dense... You keep casually ignoring the fact that this is not a widespread issue happening to 99% of the EU player base lol. I know many players that are having no such issues @_@ If this truly was as simple as "ncsoft is on cheapo servers and its their fault" then wouldnt vast majority of the fanbase be on this forum complaining? Its really not that many people coming here to complain about this issue lol and there are  a bunch here that have no issues state.

Thats almost concrete proof that the issue is somewhere in the middle. As the user above posted the story about aion and how the problem was found to be an over packed routing server was causing issues for a lot of people. And believe it or not it is possible to have a fine connection on other games but lag on bns. As I said it all depends on what the middle ground is doing. not every game uses the same routing & same pathing for your connection to it.

Rather than raging like lunatics and making yourselves look like 17 year olds why not be a little more civil? All of this embarrassing acting out and crying is really sad looking. Ncsoft likes money so I highly doubt they will just do nothing  about this. They solved the issue for aion i dont see why they wouldnt solve it for this lol... Try to act more your age people.

Majority of players wouldn't know what to look for OR are just assuming that the issue they are seeing is related to the internet.

42 minutes ago, DRGoodfellow said:

If its cheap most companies will go for it since plenty of the younger people nowadays will still pay for these

poor services without knowing any better

Almost all companies AERIA, WEBZEN etc etc are basically run by investment companies with the main aim to

make money not make dedicated clients

In the past companies used to have great servers, great customer care, in game GM's, GS's all the time. The result

was happy clients always coming along to play their new releases and pay for the privilege

Sadly today its Get people to pay £100's of pounds to become a benefactor or similar words to then test their game for

bugs - So your paying them to test their games for them, they are the only ones benefitting from this

Once you've paid them to do their work  - they then release a beta version, on a what seems like a homemade server

with the vital mall/shop, they then add a forum with it seems no mods, let players deal with everything in game instead of

providing in game help

This is how it works nowadays and I'm so glad I got to experience gaming in the past when it was run by people with

pride

They need to start giving us dedicated EU servers not through port servers that only mess up our pings and I think

in all honestly most EU players will happily make accounts on US servers if they wanted to play with their American

friends

Get it done more will pay - Its not brain surgery

This right here.

People just don't get it that while there is still people paying for shit service, these companies will continue to milk it.

Archived