AFK in Dungeon - "u cant report me"

Thaion

First I apologize for my bad English, I hope it is understandable message.

I was doing a dungeon and someone was afk at entrance, i told him i report for bot and he replied "there's no afk in dungeon report"

So what i have to do? 

I should just let others take advantage of my work?

I can even begin to do the same so that it is legit?

I'd love to know, so i can adapt  ;)

*shrug*  If an entity isn't being intelligently controlled, I assume they're a bot.  Somebody afking at the entrance is just running a really bad bot that doesn't do anything.

That said, it's a massive douche move to be there (at least enough to respond in chat) and not be bothered to actually help.  One of the reasons I tend to be fine with the idea of "name and shame".  It's the perfect solution to people like this, and I've rarely seen it used to harass people that didn't deserve it.

On the last Q&A stream the straight up said they aren't going to do anything to afk'ers, and telling us to join another party. Too bad most parties have someone AFK.

Really disheartening to hear it from the people in charge. No wonder more people are doing it and just straight up saying it too.

1 hour ago, Silvernite said:

I think the game should auto boot players that are AFK for more than 5 minutes and not allow them back in for at least another 5 minutes.

It should be 30 minutes. and the AFK flag should come on after 1min. Wow does something very similar with PvP if you don't attack a player or help the team in some way you get flagged as afk and if you get booted you can't rejoin for 15 mins. In dungeons if you leave before killing the first boss you get flagged a deserter for 30 mins. Not sure if there is an afk auto boot in dungeons I don't believe there is, but you can vote kick so makes up for that.

1 hour ago, Eckin said:

On the last Q&A stream the straight up said they aren't going to do anything to afk'ers, and telling us to join another party. Too bad most parties have someone AFK.

Really disheartening to hear it from the people in charge. No wonder more people are doing it and just straight up saying it too.

That's a shame.

49 minutes ago, Eckin said:

That is an odd thing for them to say. It will turn into being everyone is afk and no one will achieve anything. If they are going to go down that route then give us the gear the korean servers have so we can solo everything.

All they need to do is minimum damage done to each boss to register for rewards or quests. I have no idea why world bosses have this (BW) but dungeons dont.

For me it looks like this game was coded by bunch of amateurs.

Well im already sick of having these afks. they are everywhere in big 4s. hence i solo them now which is way faster than having these useless afks. 

well since they said they won't do anything to AFKs is that means its allowed? so its alright if someone just afk and will get away with it?

The following things needs to be implemented ASAP to at least minimise Bots,spammers and AFKers.

Quoting myself from another thread -

3 hours ago, NN13 said:
  • For now, remove the reasons for Bots in Arena - Soulstones from Arena. That will minimize bot invasion since the profits will be cut.
  • Captcha solving before each and every arena match. It might be a little inconvenient for players, but they will face less bots.
  • Auto-kick AFKers from Dungeons. No need for Vote-kick if NCSoft thinks it will be abused, but an auto-kick will help. If you do not deal any damage for 2 minutes, you are kicked.
  • Apparently, NCSoft already have a mechanism to stop AFKers. Field Bosses need you to deal a percentage of damage to get rewards. So, why not implement them in Dungeons? A player gets reward chest and the ability to bid in Auction only if he/she/ 'it' dealt enough damage. Simple.
  • Design a kick-bot for chat. Anything remotely similar to dollar,$,pound,sterling, etc. will kick you from chat until you log out and log back in. Something similar to what we have in Warframe. If you say WTS or WTB in any chat except trade chat, you get auto-kicked until you re-login.
  • Fix the Block list so that it actually blocks friend request and whispers(I mean the sound) of those blocked.

43 minutes ago, Synfour said:

That is an odd thing for them to say. It will turn into being everyone is afk and no one will achieve anything. If they are going to go down that route then give us the gear the korean servers have so we can solo everything.

I agree with you, but here you can see, at 59m21s if the forum breaks the link as usual, sadly I'm not even being hyperbolic this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-uegeHEo0#t=59m21s

I reported someone little over a week ago and yet they are still playing. I took many screenshots as proof of them doing wrong but yet they are still playing. 

Why have the report option and ask us to report people if nothing is done to them.

2 hours ago, NN13 said:

The following things needs to be implemented ASAP to at least minimise Bots,spammers and AFKers.

Quoting myself from another thread -

• For now, remove the reasons for Bots in Arena - Soulstones from Arena. That will minimize bot invasion since the profits will be cut.
  • Captcha solving before each and every arena match. It might be a little inconvenient for players, but they will face less bots.
  • Auto-kick AFKers from Dungeons. No need for Vote-kick if NCSoft thinks it will be abused, but an auto-kick will help. If you do not deal any damage for 2 minutes, you are kicked.
  • Apparently, NCSoft already have a mechanism to stop AFKers. Field Bosses need you to deal a percentage of damage to get rewards. So, why not implement them in Dungeons? A player gets reward chest and the ability to bid in Auction only if he/she/ 'it' dealt enough damage. Simple.
  • Design a kick-bot for chat. Anything remotely similar to dollar,$,pound,sterling, etc. will kick you from chat until you log out and log back in. Something similar to what we have in Warframe. If you say WTS or WTB in any chat except trade chat, you get auto-kicked until you re-login.
  • Fix the Block list so that it actually blocks friend request and whispers(I mean the sound) of those blocked.

It has some flaws:

• They would need to place them somewhere else as soulstone are REALLY needed, bots would follow there. The only way to stop them is making soulstones untradeable, and that would affect every legit player by a lot, probably not gonna ever happen.
  • I agree with captchas, though not on every match, but rather when joining dungeon/arena lobby.
  • This is bad. If you have to afk for whatever reason and your team mates wait for you, explaining fights or waiting for a new party member to arrive to boss, everyone would get kicked.
  • Field bosses are made so anyone in the area can join the fight and people could zerg said boss with more than enough people required, so a little 'handicap' has to be there to balance the rewards vs difficulty and people need to work for their good rewards. Rewards are inidividually looted aswell, dungeon bosses aren't. If loot wasn't shared, there would be no party bid. Also, if dungeons were based on damage dealt, high lvl, overgeared people would kill the bosses so fast that lesser gear players wouldn't have a chance to get right to bid on loot and if you set the required damage way lower than that, it wouldn't solve anything, people would just attack it for a couple of hits and afk again.
  • For chat spams, I would rather have a captcha everytime you log in and what to use chatbox for the FIRST time after you log in.
  • I agree with this.

15 hours ago, Thaion said:

I was doing a dungeon and someone was afk at entrance, i told him i report for bot and he replied "there's no afk in dungeon report"

So what i have to do? 

I report them as BOTs, they are exploiting the loot system and not playing the dungeon out. Once they get banned, they have the option to explain to support why they aren't using an exploit.

Archived