Soul Shield for Summoner?

puddlee

As of now , go for the crit rolls on the below soul shield numbers. There are quite a few sites out there that lists the  best in slot values. For the love of God I cannot remember the links now 

an older version for reference : https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/455yrc/rising_waters_update_bis_soul_shields/

This one is before the March 2nd update 

After the update, use pieces 1,4,6,8 from Naryu Labyrinth + mushin  soul shield no.2 , rest of the pieces as per the above list 

Personally I go for soul shields with crit as main stat + enough and more health and fuse the ones I can with bloodshade purple #8 with crit or endless tower #8  or mushin #8 

If you have just hit level 45, and having trouble farming the misty wood arena shield , it would be better to buy a bunch of nightshade essence and spin the wheel inside nightshade harbor . You can get blue and purple soul shields from there which has quite a decent amount of health and crit which would aid you in running the other content and can build on your soul shields from there 

Hope it wasn't very confusing 

Nono, mostly I understand what you are traing to say, thanks mate, I bought the Renowned Moonwater ss for now but if the nightshade harbor one is better I will go for it, my cat has below avg hp atm and that makes my life hard in dungeons. Once again thanks for the help!

When you come to moonwater plains - you want the arena soulshield that you can farm in about an hour - by killing faction npc and getting insignias to trade for the soul shield pieces in misty woods.

Once you have full arena soul shield and hit Lvl 45, you should start doing Naryu Labyrinth and collecting those pieces instead. Fuse the pieces with crit primers. Preferably around +100 crit per piece.

Thats the basic "easy" guideline. Afterwards, you may perfect your soul shield for higher crit damage by only mixing different soulshield sets together.

My main question is, what soul shields should we use as a base? I am like the poster above. I just got the whole set of moonwater renowned. I like the HP it gives me. I have around 20k HP as a summoner and my cat has about 20-22k I cant remember right now the exact amount.

Also, what wrist and waist item should I get right now? As I just hit level 45 and am starting to do EE Fleet with random groups.

After Moonwater Renowned, I went for full Bloodshade. Initially, I went for the blue one, as it's easier to farm since you'll be doing the 24-man version a lot for the silvers from dailies alone, so getting a full set won't take more than a few days. It's a decent 'filler' SS while you farm the purple set in the 6-man version once you've improved on your gear and experience with the stage some more. Before Labyrinth, minmaxing this set with the Tower one was considered the optimal thing to do.

As for belt/bracelet, currently using Siren Belt and Pirate Bracelet (purple ones from their respective 6-man versions). Dunno if they're the best ones currently available, so a confirmation on that would be nice.

In any case, save/buy/craft Unsealing Charms, since you'll be using a lot of them on Soul Shields alone.

What the OP above said. The last two characters I leveled up to 45, I didn't even bother getting the Moonwater blues or Arena purples, I had the profane set anyway and just went and got the blues and purples from BRS and BSH dailies areas. They come pretty quick and all you have to do is follow the crowd and kill bosses until you get the ones you like. Before you know it you'll have over 30k HPs and 2k crit. Just hit them with the #8 Elite Crit feeders you pick up in BRS and you'll easily be doing well in no time.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, haniexid said:

Right now full set Yeti for us

Either that or mixing Yeti (3, 5, 7), Scorpion (2, maybe 4) and Labyrinth (1, 6, 8, maybe 4) for minmaxing. I saw a spreadsheet showing that mixed set is the current BiS one in general, while full Yeti is the 2nd best option: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j-kQ1GJS281vH_Bc4ANA-_98_Kr3kZKAvFAGnRZZdCg/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Either way, you'll definitely want at least Yeti 3, 5 and 7, as these parts give a significant contribution to crit rate.

3 hours ago, Cruman said:

Full Yeti Soul Shield at the moment and fused all pieces with the eight piece of Scorpio is the BIS. Lab SS it was good before the 50 level patch. Now you get only high HP......

Going full yeti is ridiculous, if you go like this, then u will be paper as hell. For me to get over 55% crit rate which is good enough (you will get up to 60%) is to collect:

1,2 Scorpio

3,5,7 Yeti

4,6,8 Lab

Good Luck.

46 minutes ago, Irene said:

Going full yeti is ridiculous, if you go like this, then u will be paper as hell. For me to get over 55% crit rate which is good enough (you will get up to 60%) is to collect:

1,2 Scorpio

3,5,7 Yeti

4,6,8 Lab

Good Luck.

I really do not want to wear lower SS level 45 when my rank is 50 HM 6. Full yeti is the best at the moment and it is 50 level. You get high crit and piercing. This is my opinion.

That depends, I'd rather not sacrifice HP for diminishing returns on crit rate after 50%. Anywhere between 50-60% for crit rate is fine, after that I'll focus on other good stats to have, like HP, crit damage and pierce. Whichever set does that is what I'm going with. Full Yeti seems to do that fine, but mixed doesn't seem too bad either.

Plus, I've read that around 60k HP is good enough for the new content. Maybe take that as another reference and see if you perform well?

Next patch the SS is gonna be way better compare to this one The gain of next patch is better than the gain from this patch moving from Naryu to Yeti or w/e. Naryu is a solid. I'm still using 1468 naryu 2 Scorpio and 357 yeti, still gives me 52% crit. But also look at the crit damage and other like accuracy and piercing. You need 120% acc for next patch bosses

On 3/30/2016 at 8:49 PM, Tsuchiryu said:

That depends, I'd rather not sacrifice HP for diminishing returns on crit rate after 50%. Anywhere between 50-60% for crit rate is fine, after that I'll focus on other good stats to have, like HP, crit damage and pierce. Whichever set does that is what I'm going with. Full Yeti seems to do that fine, but mixed doesn't seem too bad either.

Plus, I've read that around 60k HP is good enough for the new content. Maybe take that as another reference and see if you perform well?

If by new content you mean 4-man Fang, Yeti and Scorpio, it's doable with 50k hp which is what I currently have. At the moment I am going with mix of yeti, scorpio and laby soulshield, I will probably change it to full yeti, still trying to get the best stats for them.

hi.. i kinda just recently started.. just following the main quest line and all reach 49 currently at chapter 27... im just using the ss provided by each town like now im using the silverfrost soulshield... so now im kinda starting to gear up... im kinda confused of what soul shield should use? or aim for? any suggestion and help is much appreciated :3

If you can run Awakened Necropolis and/or Avalanche Den fine with your current gear, then either full Yeti or a mix of Yeti with Scorpio.

Otherwise, better start off with Labyrinth set (keep parts 1, 4, 6 and 8). From there, mix it up with Yeti (parts 3, 5 and 7 are the most important) and Scorpio (2, maybe 4 if you can afford it) parts and then see for yourself if you can/want to do the above.

On 3/7/2016 at 7:49 AM, puddlee said:

my cat has below avg hp atm and that makes my life hard in dungeons. 

have you set your cat to have a high def/hp spec?

16 hours ago, eLeY said:

hi.. i kinda just recently started.. just following the main quest line and all reach 49 currently at chapter 27... im just using the ss provided by each town like now im using the silverfrost soulshield... so now im kinda starting to gear up... im kinda confused of what soul shield should use? or aim for? any suggestion and help is much appreciated :3

I dont know the stats for Silverfrost ss.
But as long as you have 40khp and decent AP you can run Naryu Labyrinth. Bid for #1, 4, 6 and 8 soulshield. Your goal is ss with crit roll and mid to max hp. Prep some gold because bidding is stiffer now.
Then run 6man Bloodshade and bid for 3 5 and 7 targetting the crit rolls as well.

You can start on that. It is actually still viable setup atm.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Stil lthe same since there is no new soulshields coming

Actually we will be getting new soulshields from Desolate Tomb.

Asura 12468 and Oblivion 357 will be pretty much the set to get for PvE. 3 set Oblivion provides 7% crit dmg. 

Archived