Everyone is at risk of being banned!

Cubby

I'd like to start this post off by saying i am NOT 1 of these banned players but instead know someone whom plays from the same household as me to be 1. The reason given was: RMT-selling

Players are either unknowingly or knowingly abusing the system of report spam and getting other players permanently banned. The ban does not just effect Blade and Soul but ANY NCsoft game linked to you account, wildstar, lineage, guildwars. You will be permanently banned from all these games. 

So if you done any of the following you could be at risk because a player has report spam you out of spite:

• Died at a boss
  • Didn't know tactics for a fight
  • killed someone in the fire by accidentally pulling boss too soon
  • killed someone in PVP
  • agro mobs your group wanted to avoid
  • reset a mob someone wanted to fight
  • got someone hit in an aoe from a mob you were fighting
  • had a silly death to error/lag/whatever
  • spoke in any chat channel
  • recruiting for a group or legion
  • "took someone's" quest mob (claimed before them and they don't accept your party invite)
  • took a gathering node someone else wanted
  • didn't invite someone to a party
  • turned up to a party with gear someone doesn't deem "good enough"
  • outbid someone in an auction
  • bid against someone in an auction
  • Had to afk for a moment
  • too slow to load
  • forgot to repair your weapon before entering a dungeon resulting in having to detour back to get it fixed
  • you stood next to someone who was trolling
  • broke wind at my end of the ethernet cable and it somehow reached them and offended their nasal passage

If you get enough of these "block spammer" strikes against your name then you are auto banned PERMANENTLY from ALL NCSOFT GAMES. 

Yes we want gold sellers and bots removed from the game. But at what cost? Simply using autoban is lazy. Some needs to manually check flagged accounts so innocent (often paying) costumers are not unfairly banned. Permanently banned from any ncsoft game might I add. It's not really that hard seeing a legit player from someone constantly spamming buy gold.

For those of you who say just make a ticket... is it fair to constantly have to make tickets and wait a day for your account to be unlocked? Having your premium paid account time being wasted and not even compensated for?   

Please comment and bump this thread if you believe NCsoft should check flagged accounts before auto ban. No one should have to feel anxious about playing a game.

To all those saying "well the person most likely did something wrong" i say only this: just hope/pray that you are not 1 of those banned without good cause or reason next as it might burst that bubble you live in.

I think you might be closer to truth than we all know.

I always clean my chat of gold spammers. But with the chat scrolling, I sometimes accidentally right-click on a person just writing there. And this is where I could unintentionally get someone banned only he was writing in chat. Knowing that, I always double-check who I do block+report for spamming. But that's a pain.

We never know what kind of players are on the other side. We once had a lvl 43 player in Dokumos, the rest was lvl 45. We were dying at the small mobs and he was raging like crazy. "You are all lvl 45" and "we should be able to easily handle everyting". He ragequitted and we finished the dungeon without any further problems (dying/wipes often happen if people don't run in a group but fight alone by themself). I can imagine he reported us all for .. whatever.

I think it takes more than one report to get an account banned. Like I couldn't just log in and report someone and expect that person to be insta banned. It takes so many reports then the system flags that account as a bot. Since bots spam so much they usually get reported and blocked by everyone who sees it. I don't know how many reports it takes to get banned but i am sure it would have to be 5 or more.  That being said you really should not be posting this in here. You're just giving people ideas on a good way to troll people they don't like or to just be malicious.

Ncsoft has to use the ticket system to clear up any mistakes because of the sheer number of bots that are constantly being banned. There is just too many. It is beyond ridiculous. You can't expect someone to sift through hundreds of reported accounts a day to verify its legit before a ban is issued. Even a person dedicated to this task working 8 hours a day would not be able to do it.  It's far more efficient for NCsoft to simply automate the mass banning of accounts with multiple reports  and then unban those accounts who were banned mistakenly via the ticket/appeal system.

People get banned for accepting 1 copper the gold seller sent via mail..
This is a real shame,especially when they don't even give any official announcements to their community,and expecting everyone to watch their stream for information.
Would expect better from ncsoft.

There should by more report options: report for verbal abuse, report for afk, for being a douche and so on. Maybe some LoL-like Tribunal system would be also nice.

But let be honest, they are too lazy for such "complicated changes".

Imo Auto-ban systems should not be used anymore. I've noticed this in more than a few games, but many ppl are now going straight for "report" instead of "Block". When someone says something in chat they don't agree with or might be offended by said comment, instead of blocking that player, they report them. Not everyone is guilty of doing this, but I believe it's at a point where it's become a problem.

38 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

This is a real shame,especially when they don't even give any official announcements to their community,and expecting everyone to watch their stream for information.

If I get banned for accepting the 1 copper from RMT, they better *cricket*ing add a delete mail button

• NCSOFT
2 hours ago, Cubby said:

If you get enough of these "block spammer" strikes against your name then you are auto banned PERMANENTLY from ALL NCSOFT GAMES. 

Hi,

You will be pleased to know that this is not the case. While the number of reports against an account will make it more likely that an account will be banned, it is very unlikely that this will happen to a legitimate account.

In the rare case that an account is unjustly flagged for a ban, customer support can help you get your account reinstated.

42 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

You will be pleased to know that this is not the case. While the number of reports against an account will make it more likely that an account will be banned, it is very unlikely that this will happen to a legitimate account.

In the rare case that an account is unjustly flagged for a ban, customer support can help you get your account reinstated.

This is utterly false, nonsensical attempt by a moderator trying to damage control the situation. I made a post here:

This post refers to how they admit that my account was flagged for reasons not even REMOTELY linked to RMT or selling/buying even though it was the reason initially given for why my account was then banned and since restored. Please get your facts right about your own company that you work for and don't try to pull the wool over the eyes of the playerbase.  Everyone truly is at risk of being banned under this system given the right circumstance as stated by the OP.

Aion used to have a "report auto hunting" feature also, i played that game since sept 2009 launch and still do to this day. They removed that system for the very reason of abuse by playerbase at trying to get others banned. Entire legions would come together to "auto report hunting" of any poor bugger that looked at the legion leader funny or his close-nit group of friends.

Playerbase i say to you now: this system is open for clear abuse by the malicious, vengeful players who wish to see you removed for just about any reason that suits them. Stand up against this backwards system and take control of your game. This company cannot exist without its playerbase and they know that but are hoping you dont.

1 hour ago, HailNKill said:

This is particularly worrisome too because I don't know about you, but, I collect my mail by selecting "collect all" because there are many broker sale for only a few silver etc...

So it is very likely I may have or could accept one of these coppers from RMT/gold sellers by accident. 

Further more, how many of these mails can we actually ignore and not collect to clear them? It will come a point when your mail box just becomes full.

47 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Actually this is happening, I witnessed it first hand from my husband's account being banned and the support told us it was from report spam. We play together all the time from the same household/room. He barely speaks to anyone since me and him duo everything, so how then can he be a spammer of any sorts or offend people he doesn't even hang out with apart from me? He was banned from ALL NCSOFT GAMES including wildstar, guildwars and lineage2 for a day before they restored is account after sending several emails to support. 

For the person that said it takes more than 1 report. I completely agree, but what you don't seem to grasp is it is a cumulative effect. The longer you play the more chance you have of these salty players reporting you for the reasons in the original post or 1 player getting their whole guild to report you. By the time you realize you have reached the thresh hold for being auto banned.

OP forgot one essential point in the list.
If you have send Gold from one Character on your Account to another Character on your account, you will be flagged as RMT selling as well.

A good friend of mine that i know for years now got banned due to RMT, having all the money on his main char and sending all daily quest gold from his second Character to his main char on the same *cricket*ing account.

I mean seriously NCsoft? Getting banned for sending Money from on of your own characters to anotherone on the same account? Since you don't have any other choice of sending/giving money to your characters other than mails...

NCsoft, you guys really have to investigate that stupid piece of trash that handles those rmt checks because it flags more people false positive than a (dunno enter here whatever you want)

I understand some people are jerks and will report spam on you out of spite, but if you've made so many players "salty" to get auto-banned, maybe it's time you think about your own actions and how to improve so you're not pissing off so many people.

1 hour ago, Lock6 said:

Yeah CS can help by sending scripted auto replies and not investigating the case.

My friend had his account banned for "Suspicious Activity" at first, after requesting to unlock the account again it changed to RMT selling?

2 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

Ppl being paranoid in a game, like what? Just play the game, none hasb een banned at all in my guild or any others, stop claiming a rare case like a general case, kids these days, No sense of proportion!

Well, you heard him folks. It hasn't happened to him or his clan mates, therefore this problem surely cannot exist right? There are a world beyond your home, Mechshadows, where not everyone receives the same treatment believe it or not.

I live in the uk where the biggest killer is heart-disease but we still have research facilities for the lesser/rarer conditions. Should we also then get our government to stop funding those and only focus on the "biggest" problem? You are the one who comes across as a child/kid, not the ones you try to downplay because this problem hasn't reached you yet. Narrow minds and narrow hearts will be the death of humanity.

1 minute ago, MechShadows said:

Ppl being paranoid in a game, like what? Just play the game, none hasb een banned at all in my guild or any others, stop claiming a rare case like a general case, kids these days, No sense of proportion!

Stop living in a bubble! That's like saying *cricket* murder and theft doesn't happen in the real world. It does. Just because it hasn't happened to you or someone you know doesn't mean it isn't a problem. You seem to be one of these people who will only truly understand when it happens to you or someone inside your bubble.

People HAVE been banned, you just need to research harder to learn about the underlying problem if you care enough to help your fellow player base.

• Lock6 locked this topic
  • NCSOFT

Since the accounts in question have been reinstated, I am closing this thread to prevent the spread of misinformation.

To reiterate - you will not be banned solely based on reports from other players, that is not how the system works.

While no system is perfect and false positives can happen, these cases are very rare and if you contact customer support they will be able to help you.

Archived