Sunflower Rotation sucks

Vyrox

hello people,

i just want to get some stuff off my chest and hear your thoughts on them.

i am *cricket*ing frustrated with the "pve" rotation. i got 45 yesterday, got my hongmoon sunflower skill shortly after. so yeah, i saw a video guide on youtube today and learned how it is done correctly. press 1 then f, spam lb and rb, go into doom and bloom via f again and spam more. get 5 stacks, start holding down rb and enjoy watching you bursting via your huge sunflower bazooka! yay that makes happy, when in reality...

...you are often absolutely grashoppered. why? because the "rotation" is crap. stacks are bound to two debuffs that are stuck on enemies or rely on them standing in one spot...sigh...any enemy that moves screws you up. the next problem is that the stacks are shown as 1-5 in the right bottom corner of the sunflower buff icon. which is stupid, because the icon is bright yellow and the font is white. i cant even see it somewhat see it and watch my *cricket*ing stacks.  the same icon, just with a slim blue outlining, shows up when the buff finally comes up. which results in just staring at the screen, to watch that crappy buff, and just stuttering because you are not sure if you finally have the 3 (5) seconds buff to burst or not. and wasting time, losing on shots with your sunflower....

holy crap, i dont want to use bad words but that sucks. the other thing is that the rotation itself is clunky because you only proc it when you debuff the target correctly AND hit it two times within a short time frame. often times what happens is that ..

1. i fight a boss with phases where i can never get my sunflower burst buff. f.e. the instance with the two last bosses. one of the big 4 dungeons. where the bosses change periodicly and before they change, they jump around in the room. no chance to get some nice dmg in. another example is the monkey dungeon. with orogog or whatever his name is. he changes phases when i am at 3-4 stacks.

2. everything that just isn't just standing around and waiting for you to burst it down. moving bosses *cricket* you up or fricking phases that just interrupt your very short frame to keep your buff up. which just is usable while you debuff your target. which makes target changing a pain in the butt. or you just have to be a little bit unlucky and hit the stupid add, which dies too fast, and where not been able to hit the boss. the next like 25 seconds you have to wait, usually mostly starved outside of doom and bloom the majority amount of time, waiting to get your 1 skill back to start your rotation again.

why does it need to be like that? please, leave the buff on me for a longer time, like 10 seconds instead of 6, would be even a little bit easier to build my stacks, or, even better, remove the reliability on doom and bloom and the 1 skill (i dont know the english name of it) and let us naturally build up stacks when we perform our lb - rb rotation. something like that.

force masters just have to lb - rb - 2 all day and sprinkle some x c v or 1 into it every 6-10 seconds, they are mindlessliy spamming and chilling out, doing their rotation. we have to do a stupid rotation, for like 15 seconds to get into our rewarding and very fun burst window, that is so niche, which just corners us in using the single target pvp skill or be fine with losing so much dmg.  i want to support my group, even get my cat around the battlefield and make something happen with it, and besides that, i have to fu*k around with this crappy designed rotation.

i really dont want to rant, but this stuff is just not cool. please let me hear what you think about that, do you even you your sunflower anymore?

ps. i might add that i know you cant proc stacks off your 1. you have to use one in order to use your f (red icon, i think its called nettles) but your target has to stand in it in order to get your sunflower buff stacks.

I think you need more practice there, especially in dungeons; every single one of the bosses is tauntable by your Familiar, and while they focus on the kitty, you can easily burst out the Sunflower, no problem whatsoever. In PvP though, it is hard, and some even prefer Rumblebees, because it is easier to manage. If you do get to it though, you can finish anyone off in milliseconds. I do love Sunflower, it is really nice, especially to solo Brightstone with it =)

1) Tab(stun) ->Tab(pounce) -> F(drum'n'base)+2(thorn with damage to weed wack)+rmb/lmb -> F(nettles)+Q(tount)+rmb/lmb -> 1

I prefer to never start with 1, because many bosses will punish you for the first hit and getting agro. Better it will be the cat.

2) Holding down RMB while having buff barely works unless you live next door to the game servers in Germany and have like 10-15 ping. In any other case just spam it. During 5 sec buff you're able to land like 8-9 hits with 60-70 ping.

Are you truly complaining bosses "die too fast"? Ever thought that the reason for that is because your normal, easy to pull off rotation already does an INSANE amount of damage and that Overflow from Photosynthesis stacks is just there as a bonus other classes usually don't even have?

I don't believe this... sunflower is the easiest rotation in the game and does good dmg yet there is a complain.... lol

Go play another class and u will understand they might do more dmg than us but they actually need to press different buttons that isn't just a spam like lol

But in regards to ur question summoner is not ur class that's all there is to it play something different :3 

Besides if u ani cancel fast enough ... u can perma spam rl.. r = rmb l = lmb... u can spam those through ur photosynthesis stacks and will do just as much dmg unless if ur ping is like sub 20 which means u should play a different class as they would do more dmg and is tankier with that ping as for my 200+ ping makes 0 difference whether I rlrl, or hold r through stacks still only gonna get 4 hits <3 

• 5 months later...

How is it suck? It's awesome. My rotation (for myself excluding the cat)

1 (entangle roots) F (needles is now in effect) L R R L R R (by this time, needle should be done) F (bloom 'n doom) L R R L R R (Super Sunflower is now ready) R R R R (then back to 1)

If boss moves after 1, I send cat in for x2 stun and Pin -- Tab F Tab (stun -> needles -> pin)

Dat moment where someone complains about summoners being too hard xD xD xD

Anyway:

When you get your hongmoon rosethorn and you spec it, upon critical hit you will cast a big sunflower, which boosts your damage a lot.

Now, sunflower is AOE, and when the boss moves you should too...and not stand in place and thinking "nooo please come back stay still  i need my stacks".

Proper rotation is, you use F, spam sunflower, this will let you get 3 stacks in, then you use Briar patch, and get the remaining 2 stacks. Its not hard to do, just practice, but you need to aim and not wait for the boss to stand still.

What are you gonna do when we get the new patch where Bees will be way more viable than sunflower? Will you complain about that too?

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I think you need to practice your rotation before you start complaining in forums that it is broken... obviously you need practice.

And with the new patch changes, the rotation will likely be different.

Archived