Bots are killing this game let's talk about removing them

chinmi

I love how you solve NCSoft problem by trying to bring them down. FYI, this not fixing bot "assumption" is just them (the dev part) spending all their time to fix this and the (mods) just spam the kids that the dev are really fixing it. Learn how programming works and I would love to see you getting bashed by clients.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlackRoze said:

As the captcha idea has already been vented, and dunno if anyone have suggested this idea yet:

Why not have a captcha every time the game loads? During the loading screen, you have nothing better to do anyway.

Captcha is a lazy solution, read about human labor for solving captcha.

This is destroying the game. 50% of players between 1600 and 1800 are bots. Cheating bots now getting into plat and diamond. And in addition to that now the economy is crashing also.

You have to fix this NOW. People are quitting daily over this, i wont prolong my premium in a game either thats just bound to die cause of blatant botting and hacking issues.

Tell the community you realise whats happening and do something or you will lose the majority over your playerbase in the next month (and most likely make them never play one of your games again...)

1) Bots will be a part of the reason why market place's prices are LOW.
2) Right-click a bot, click "block spammer", that will block them as spammer AND reported as bot.

now my question: Annoying? like how? Do they zerg swarm and pk you in world pvp? Are they too tough to beat in the arena? They spam craft so that prices doesn't inflate too much (like how china product works).

So... mind telling me "what" annoys you? 

19 hours ago, Rancub said:

Just make gold untradeable and unmailable. Gold can only be used to buy from marketplace or merchants.

I also like this. I really don't see any problem with this...

Yes, it's possible to circunvent this using the Marketplace, but that itself could have gates to limit the value you can put an item for - no more than 100% of the average selling price, for instance and if it's a first time item in there, no more than 300% it's original price in game (this is what I would say for any normal game where drops have decent values... -_- In bns I'd say some fixed price depending on the level of the creatures that drop it).

uhh for me its pvp it needs to stop as an assassin they can follow me perfectly while in stealth they can turn and follow while CC'd so you cant get behind them these are things that are IMPOSSIBLE to do without hacks.

not my vid but heres a great example

KFM bot in plat it does things that real life players just cant do this degrades the playing experience for everyone. Solution any video evidence of someone turning while CC'd/ doing something impossible should just be instant perma ban

Hmmm I purchased a widjit. My widjit has some flaws in it. I knew that the widjit would have these flaws, because all widjits do. Even widjits from other manufacturers. But I think the company I purchased my widjit from should fix it at a pace that I think is right. I have no idea (most likely) what it takes to fix the flaws in my widjit, but I just KNOW it should be done faster. I have an idea! I think I will threaten the company that makes my widjit with bad reviews, over an issue that is prevalent with all widjits, from all manufacturers. Yeah... that will work. Right?

its called ingame captcha. if you dont know what is it i tell it.

a simply captcha just popup ingame in a small panel, and if you dont answer it right in 1 minute and with 3 try you will get disconnected

You only get this pop up out of combat

and it would disturb your gameplay or what you are doing at the moment ( wont pop up the cursor nor your control) you should do it like you do everything press alt and click then write it

if you are AFK and not doing anything you wont get captcha but if it is about time you will get it on the return

first captcha should pop in the first 30mins and after it every 2-3 hours randomly

Think about it.......... its the best. and not vs player. will it just disturb u to take a few sec shit captcha??? and it will dc all the shit bot who cant write and think?and if the gold farm bot got dc, they could NOT SELL GOLD

1 hour ago, Kanosaki said:

2) Right-click a bot, click "block spammer", that will block them as spammer AND reported as bot.

now my question: Annoying? like how? Do they zerg swarm and pk you in world pvp? Are they too tough to beat in the arena? They spam craft so that prices doesn't inflate too much (like how china product works).

Thanks for the tips. But how do they not annoy you? They aren't making the game harder for me or anything. It's just like seeing giant eye sores everywhere. I just see them everywhere and it bugs me.

well, then there's no advice for you other than learn to filter the annoyance :/ 

because, that is life, you can't go around outcasting people because they annoy you (although for this case, these are bots so...they should be outcast lolol).

Just be patience for the staff to try to find a way to counter them, it won't be immediate of course, it's a progressive process.

1 hour ago, Kanosaki said:

They do give better deals, ban the ones that buy low, sell high

Hi all

I thought this suggestion may help with game a little to stop buy/sell bots.

As you noticed whenever something which somehow low price comes to market it is bought in an impossible speed,surely by bots.

I thought it is great if buying from market needs an image verification, but an image verification for each buy will be a pain. so I thought of a system like this:

"Whenever someone wants to buy anything from market, he/she can reserve up to 5 items from market by spending his/her in game money. Reserved items seems like sold items, will not be listed for other players and they cannot buy or reserve them anymore. But the person who has reserved items will not receive items unless he/she verify an image verification for his reservation list in 10 minutes. if he validates, he receives items and if he does not, items will be return to market and person who has reserved them will receive his money back. you can manually remove any item that you don't want from your reservation list too.(maybe optional feature)"

Anyway,this was my suggestion. What do you think about it? I think this can stop some of bots because of that image verification process.

Regards

5 minutes ago, Afshin said:

Anyway,this was my suggestion. What do you think about it? I think this can stop some of bots because of that image verification process.

I like this idea better then all the other captures during game play. However, one issue we will have to solve is how to handle quick transactions. Way too often I see a price I want to buy and the item is already "sold" when I double click on it, and this can happens for the next few items.

26 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

I like this idea better then all the other captures during game play. However, one issue we will have to solve is how to handle quick transactions. Way too often I see a price I want to buy and the item is already "sold" when I double click on it, and this can happens for the next few items.

that reservation list is for that reason. reserving thing does not need image verification, so people can reserve quick. but from reserve to receiving all reserved items(I told 5, maybe list can be bigger), need image verification.

Archived