Bots are killing this game let's talk about removing them

chinmi

So i'm in a tag match, and one of the contestant in my team is a destro bot.

They just run away without attacking. that means free target for the opposing team

Luckly, there's 2 bots on the opposing team, so my team can win

But seriously, i thought bot is only in 1v1, now they also lurking the 3v3 area

And the worst part is, since my team is winning, that 1 bot on my team got a free winning zen beans. damn it !!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I know it is extremely difficult to remove bots from any free to play games as then ipblock account bans all fail to succeed. 

But what if once every half hour or so you will get a random number which u have to enter so as to prove you are not a bot, and when this capcha thing appears your character will become invulnerable, untargetable and unable to perform any action.

This capcha appearance must not be purely time based as that will allow not script to change in advance, and if the capcha is supposed to appear but the person is in arena or in dungeon or in combat with a boss then postpone it until the fight is over. 

I mean capcha has always been a good way to deal with bots and if you implement it properly it also won't ruin game play for most players. 

I know some might say what about open world pvp uniforms like nobody wants to strike someone who just goes invulnerable why they just threw a long cd cc skill at. 

Well plain simple when you try to wear a uniform u get a capcha to appear XD

And speaking of this you might as well capcha when people enters cross server, arena and even party finder. About the 24 man dungeons u can even put a capcha for entering it also I sincerely doubt people will get annoyed for inputing a 4 digit random code just for removing bots so long as they don't ruin the smoothness of combat that is.

And u can also make it so that the capcha won't expire due to time limit all it will happen is the character gets freezes in the place unable to do anything, so that people won't get kicked from the server for going to toilet or w.e needed to be done during that afk period.

Welcome all opinions for it counts XD.

2 minutes ago, Senzura said:

Forums require a captcha upon registration. Are the forums bot free? captchas don't fix anything.

I know it doesn't but it will make the bots have a much harder time.

And also most forum account are registered by human input,  they only bot text spans after the registration is completed.

5 minutes ago, Senzura said:

Forums require a captcha upon registration. Are the forums bot free? captchas don't fix anything.

Far more bot free than the game is.  I see a handful of spam posts every so often, but nothing that couldn't have been done by a human in 5 minute or so.

Just now, TaeHwaRang said:

Basically, Do not buy gold or any farther items from 'em.

It will makes 'em starving and eventually they will be wiped out of game.

Name me one game that has ever worked in. Just one.

Just now, TaeHwaRang said:

Basically, Do not buy gold or any farther items from 'em.

It will makes 'em starving and eventually they will be wiped out of game.

That's the only reasonable way, but unfortunately it's also impossible. Spreading awareness of this, however, and severe punishment for actually doing it, can reduce the overall profitability of the operation and the amount of bots. They won't be wiped out, but they will be less inclined to grow in number.

They are working on it, and they have other issues to address.

There are a lot of bots and the staff are banning them, but unfortunately they keep coming back so it appears as if they aren't doing much.

I just think they need to recruit more moderators to help with this issue.

1 minute ago, kemoT said:

More topics like this will be issued if the problem is not solved especially in Arena seriously its flooded with bots

Its not just the arena it's every where in the game, right now it's more surprising to have not met bots every hour than having met a dozen of them in the hour XD

3 minutes ago, Ebrietaz said:

They are working on it, and they have other issues to address.

There are a lot of bots and the staff are banning them, but unfortunately they keep coming back so it appears as if they aren't doing much.

I just think they need to recruit more moderators to help with this issue.

I know they are trying but you have to know there are more bots in game everyday XD 

Like arena I got like 5 free wins from bot destroyers I know they are dumb and crappy in arena fights but it's annoying XD

Forget about eliminating bots.  You're always going to be a step behind in that arms race.

So let's instead talk about why botting even exists?  Because there is a demand for their services.  So target the demand.  How?

Two ways:

NCSoft creates a competing marketplace that sells the same services the bot operators offer, but since NCSoft owns all these virtual assets, they can always undercut the bot operators, driving them out of business.  Problems with this solution?  Massive inflation making life difficult for new / free players and accusations of P2W.

Suspend and ban players for using those services.  If there's no demand, than there's no reason for the supply to exist.  Problems with this solution?  If a player is willing to purchase those services in the first place, they're probably willing to spend money in the Hongmoon store as well; could be driving away those players as well.

3 minutes ago, Phorni said:

I know they are trying but you have to know there are more bots in game everyday XD 

Like arena I got like 5 free wins from bot destroyers I know they are dumb and crappy in arena fights but it's annoying XD

I am aware and understand that, which is why I mentioned they need to recruit more moderators to help combat the bots.

Just now, Meerkat said:

Forget about eliminating bots.  You're always going to be a step behind in that arms race.

So let's instead talk about why botting even exists?  Because there is a demand for their services.  So target the demand.  How?  Suspend and ban players for using those services.  Buy 50 g?  Gold is destroyed, five day suspension.  If there's no demand, then there's no reason for the supply to exist.

You can't destroy this chain because people don't buy gold with their main accounts,  also it is harder to track gold sellers than bots because you know the gold sellers can always abuse the market place or even just by pure trading a few random items for money,  then again they can just give it since they can always argue that the person who gave me the money is a irl friend lol.

4 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

So let's instead talk about why botting even exists?  Because there is a demand for their services.  So target the demand.  How?  Suspend and ban players for using those services.  Buy 50 g?  Gold is destroyed, five day suspension.  If you've already used that gold?  Well, now, you can have negative gold.  If there's no demand, then there's no reason for the supply to exist.

5 day suspension? No i'm sorry but if you support RMT ruining a game then it should be permenent. Ban the account and flag any payment method on the account as invalid.

1 minute ago, Ebrietaz said:

I am aware and understand that, which is why I mentioned they need to recruit more moderators to help combat the bots.

Too costly in the running of the company,  the capitalist owner boards will nvr agree if the price paid to mods expected exceeds 35% of their gains from eliminating bots by mods

2 minutes ago, Phorni said:

You can't destroy this chain because people don't buy gold with their main accounts,  also it is harder to track gold sellers than bots because you know the gold sellers can always abuse the market place or even just by pure trading a few random items for money,  then again they can just give it since they can always argue that the person who gave me the money is a irl friend lol.

They can monitor transactions. All digital data can be logged and it does not matter how you came by the gold, they can root it out and find it if they choose to. They just have to WANT to eliminate this from the game.

Just now, OmniBlade said:

They can monitor transactions. All digital data can be logged and it does not matter how you came by the gold, they can root it out and find it if they choose to. They just have to WANT to eliminate this from the game.

Well yes if they want to remove bots at all costs they certainly can XD

17 minutes ago, Phorni said:

What, no, it's easy.

NCSoft owns the game.  If they setup the infrastructure, they can track every single transaction.  Every single person you've traded with, every single person you've bought from or sold to via the marketplace.  You don't even have to have advanced algorithms to attempt to discover fraudulent or suspicious transactions.  Just trace every single transaction.

If Bot A is revealed as a bot, trace every transaction Bot A has made.  Bot A is either making transactions with more bots which will lead to more bots, all to be banned, or players to be disciplined.  Easy peasy.

Bot operators would be left with attempting to hide their tracks through pure complexity, for example, randomly sending gold to random players, constantly, which would theoretically make it difficult to differentiate between false leads and actual transactions.  Except you could filter out the noise.

16 minutes ago, OmniBlade said:

5 day suspension? No i'm sorry but if you support RMT ruining a game then it should be permenent. Ban the account and flag any payment method on the account as invalid.

I personally think a valid payment method should be required to establish an account, but it's not going to happen for F2P games.  Part of their audience is children who don't have credit cards, and getting credit cards can be difficult in some countries.

Archived