[ MUSHIN / POHARAN / JIWAN ] Faction Unbalance MEGATHREAD

Dizeliun

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolwut?
And here I though it'd always be the Crimsons ruling. Everyone and their mothers roll Crimson, because their outfits look great and Cerulean is ugly. Plus, IIRC I agree with Crimson ideals over Cerulean's ideals? Gotta look up what they are again.

13 minutes ago, Vexe said:

lolwut?
And here I though it'd always be the Crimsons ruling. Everyone and their mothers roll Crimson, because their outfits look great and Cerulean is ugly. Plus, IIRC I agree with Crimson ideals over Cerulean's ideals? Gotta look up what they are again.

What server do you play on personally?

I play on Jiwan, yet I've heard of this issue on every top server (Mushin / Poh / ect) that Crimson Legion is outnumbered by Cerulean at the very least 2:1 ratio. It's extremely frustrating when every time you get into a battle you are outnumbered by 4v1 minimum, it makes open world PvP just horrid. My guild is a top 3 on my server for Crimson Legion and are all thinking of switching which makes the imbalance even worse. There seems to be no other option as CO literally dominates channels 1-15. I really love playing the Red faction (Horde WoW) and thought this would be the faction that was going to be dominant, it's so confusing why people choose the faction with worse ideals / colors in the first place. Now it seems that people are just hopping on the CO bandwagon and there seems to be nothing NCSoft is going to do about it, let alone address it.

12 minutes ago, Vexe said:

lolwut?

The stuff on Soha are ridiculous I'm pretty sure Crimson overrules Cerulean but then I get confused because of all the Cerulean running around. I had 5 parties in a row full of Cerulean and me being the only Crimson made it really awkward. But no seriously I think it's probably 52% Crimson and 48% Cerulean although I know there is a Cerulean spy in our chat because they always seem to show up whenever BW is up and Crimson has him. 

1 minute ago, Yuhuan said:

The stuff on Soha are ridiculous I'm pretty sure Crimson overrules Cerulean but then I get confused because of all the Cerulean running around. I had 5 parties in a row full of Cerulean and me being the only Crimson made it really awkward. But no seriously I think it's probably 52% Crimson and 48% Cerulean although I know there is a Cerulean spy in our chat because they always seem to show up whenever BW is up and Crimson has him. 

I doubt Soha is 50/50... Unless Ceruleans are just lazy as hell. Every faction fight ends up being 3:1 ratio for crimsons and Crimsons have been killing BW far more often/reliably than ceruleans.

if your faction is 50/50 that is amazing, ours is more like 85/15 favoring Cerulean. There are only three top guilds on Crimson side [iKON / Ichi / The Threat] that have 50+ members. While the Cerulians have at least 20+ guilds full of members some even need 3-4 guilds to fit all of there members in [Hallucination / Hallucination II / Hallucination III].

1 minute ago, Dizeliun said:

I play on Jiwan, yet I've heard of this issue on every top server (Mushin / Poh / ect) that Crimson Legion is outnumbered by Cerulean at the very least 2:1 ratio. It's extremely frustrating when every time you get into a battle you are outnumbered by 4v1 minimum, it makes open world PvP just horrid. My guild is a top 3 on my server for Crimson Legion and are all thinking of switching which makes the imbalance even worse. There seems to be no other option as CO literally dominates channels 1-15. I really love playing the Red faction (Horde WoW) and thought this would be the faction that was going to be dominant, it's so confusing why people choose the faction with worse ideals / colors in the first place. Now it seems that people are just hopping on the CO bandwagon and there seems to be nothing NCSoft is going to do about it, let alone address it.

Lol you should see the cerulean on our sever. They make a fit when someone kills them so they get their friends to gank us as well. Or they go to Scorching sands or Foshi pyres killing about 50-60 Crimson an hour (the same people get killed) and say, "It's for the assassin mask, you'll understand." And it's like TF? I don't! I was doing a quest you crusty ass cerulean *cricket*. Then you curse them and hope the *cricket*er dies in every *cricket* pvp match!!!!!! :D

Well, it's pretty hopeless on Poharan

The red community is losing badly (by number)

and the biggest problem is not about losing, but it's about the community on reds

There's a time when i solo Waldo, and some groups of reds come, instead of helping or inviting me to party, a destroyer come, grab waldo, and throw him and he resets so his party can get the quest done

1 minute ago, Myleina said:

I doubt Soha is 50/50... Unless Ceruleans are just lazy as hell. Every faction fight ends up being 3:1 ratio for crimsons and Crimsons have been killing BW far more often/reliably than ceruleans.

True it's probably 60 40 or something like that. The Crimson leave them 1 or 2 channels for them to do their dailies or whatever on. I personally think it's too much by taking all that space and leaving so little for the Cerulean. I only joined Crimson so I can get that pretty flower outfit from the Vendor. 

Just now, Yuhuan said:

True it's probably 60 40 or something like that. The Crimson leave them 1 or 2 channels for them to do their dailies or whatever on. I personally think it's too much by taking all that space and leaving so little for the Cerulean. I only joined Crimson so I can get that pretty flower outfit from the Vendor. 

Could be... Our faction (cerulean) just seem so unorganized and bad...  Everytime we do faction stuff and there's red, it's like 3v3 or 4v4, then red just cries to their faction chat or something idk.. cause within 15min, it becomes 10-15 vs 4. Every single time.

Yeah I agree. I play on Soha and Crimson over numbers Cerulean by a large number and are usually dominating most of the channels in Misty Woods. Definitely not 50/50.

Could be... Our faction (cerulean) just seem so unorganized and bad...  Everytime we do faction stuff and there's red, it's like 3v3 or 4v4, then red just cries to their faction chat or something idk.. cause within 15min, it becomes 10-15 vs 4. Every single time.

I agree on the cry thing. Some Crimson girl kept dying in misty woods so it turned into a 25vs12 match. I guess you can already tell who the Cerulean is. Funny thing is the Ceruleans didn't even touch her first but then she bitched and turned everything worse than it already was then the Ceruleans cried and it basically turned into 30vs26 or something around that number. Point is it's wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Yuhuan said:

I agree on the cry thing. Some Crimson girl kept dying in misty woods so it turned into a 25vs12 match. I guess you can already tell who the Cerulean is. Funny thing is the Ceruleans didn't even touch her first but then she bitched and turned everything worse than it already was then the Ceruleans cried and it basically turned into 30vs26 or something around that number. Point is it's wrong. 

What would you do if you were NCSoft to rectify this server imbalance issue? Let's get a progressive thread going

4 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

What would you do if you were NCSoft to rectify this server imbalance issue? Let's get a progressive thread going

I would either merge high ceru pop server with high crimson pop server or I'd create some kind of "reward" for switching to low pop factions (Exemple: If high crimson server you change faction to cerulean, you get more faction points per quest or some bag reward after reaching X rank idk...)

It's pretty hard to implement something that people wont just abuse for their own need. And merging 2 server might cause more issues. Right now everyone just goes to the high populated faction because it's the easiest one to farm BW and Terrors and etc... There's literally no incentive to going the low pop faction except if you enjoy gangbangs.

3 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

They would probably let everyone over the rank of initiate stay in their faction and everyone who still has initiate probably has to renew their membership. It seems fair but you know there would be that one player that has to ruin or mess it up. And thy should instead let you wait 7 days after lvl 10 to renew your faction. Because seriously a lot of people literally click over and over again to get into Crimson. They really make a quest to renew membership.  

5 minutes ago, Myleina said:

I would either merge high ceru pop server with high crimson pop server or I'd create some kind of "reward" for switching to low pop factions (Exemple: If high crimson server you change faction to cerulean, you get more faction points per quest or some bag reward after reaching X rank idk...)

It's pretty hard to implement something that people wont just abuse for their own need. And merging 2 server might cause more issues. Right now everyone just goes to the high populated faction because it's the easiest one to farm BW and Terrors and etc... There's literally no incentive to going the low pop faction except if you enjoy gangbangs.

Merging two large pop servers would be really hard on physical servers. Do you think just rewards will do it? I was more or less thinking of implementing a channel buff where it determines the ratio between factions on that specific channel and gives you a purely defensive boost (%HP / %DEF) since offensive boosts (%ATK / %CRIT) would be abused.

If the difference between the two factions is REALLY big. I would like the idea of rewarding those who are on the lower end (bonus soulstones/faction points etc. etc.) indeed.
As for merging servers.. I would not recommend. We need to also remember that faction is supposed to be OWPVP(kind of) in this game, so there is supposed to be some competition.
But yeah, no competition if cerulean is overruling entirely but just sayin' that there is supposed to be some competition.

1 minute ago, Dizeliun said:

Merging two large pop servers would be really hard on physical servers. Do you think just rewards will do it? I was more or less thinking of implementing a channel buff where it determines the ratio between factions on that specific channel and gives you a purely defensive boost (%HP / %DEF) since offensive boosts (%ATK / %CRIT) would be abused.

That could help, but really hard to implement on a coding side of things... And people wouldn't really care much about a buff, not enough incentive to switch and lose their high ranks etc. There needs to really just be a reward system for low pop faction clearing faction stuff. Like bigger reward on BW, bigger reward on Terror.. etc etc.. But then again maybe people would abuse it (A few pro crimson switches to Cerulean to farm BW and have their Crimson friends "bodyguard" them and then shares extra rewards).

I really have no perfect solution to bring up for this... Seems to hard to implement/give incentive.

5 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

channel buff where it determines the ratio between factions on that specific channel and gives you a purely defensive boost (%HP / %DEF) since offensive boosts (%ATK / %CRIT) would be abused.

I love this idea!

This and the rewards for joining the lower faction would probably do the trick.

The problem is all the bots. How do you determine which are active faction members and which are bots? Because I could almost bet that the lower populated faction is completely overran by bots...

I am not sure what can really be done to fix faction imbalance. Generally people will gravitate to the faction they perceive as having the easiest time getting stuff done. The only possible solution I can really think of short of forcing people to play the red faction until numbers are equal is a stat buff to the side with the lowest numbers although that comes with its own problems.

Archived