[ MUSHIN / POHARAN / JIWAN ] Faction Unbalance MEGATHREAD

Dizeliun

2 minutes ago, Myleina said:

That could help, but really hard to implement on a coding side of things... And people wouldn't really care much about a buff, not enough incentive to switch and lose their high ranks etc. There needs to really just be a reward system for low pop faction clearing faction stuff. Like bigger reward on BW, bigger reward on Terror.. etc etc.. But then again maybe people would abuse it (A few pro crimson switches to Cerulean to farm BW and have their Crimson friends "bodyguard" them and then shares extra rewards).

I really have no perfect solution to bring up for this... Seems to hard to implement/give incentive.

See, what you're thinking of is Re-balancing, what I'm suggesting is merely giving buff to the underdogs of the channel. This is just to help when doing dailies you constantly get camped or forced to find a dead channel which takes hours to complete dailies that should only be ~20minutes otherwise. The coding for the buff would not be hard since other games have ran this model (WoW's Wintergrasp)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jishinka said:

I love this idea!

This and the rewards for joining the lower faction would probably do the trick.

The problem is all the bots. How do you determine which are active faction members and which are bots? Because I could almost bet that the lower populated faction is completely overran by bots...

AHH very good point brought up. The bot issue is a whole other head on the dragon isn't it 

3 minutes ago, Redsquirl said:

I am not sure what can really be done to fix faction imbalance. Generally people will gravitate to the faction they perceive as having the easiest time getting stuff done. The only possible solution I can really think of short of forcing people to play the red faction until numbers are equal is a stat buff to the side with the lowest numbers although that comes with its own problems.

What kind of problems do you forsee with giving one side a buff?

If it were up to me I would just delete factions in the game. It is so toxic and unbalanced in Poharan, always 3:1.

I would suggest that to join a faction you need to be level 45.  Red is messed up in Poharan because we have a lot of lowbies who are just bot spammers and fill up the space in the faction.

I also like the idea of giving buffs to the underdogs in the channels.

Edit: Also, make faction account bound. Many people have their mains as one faction and have alts spying on the other faction. Basically, just taking up worthless space. Also, make it that to change faction, you need to wait like 1 month.

3 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

What kind of problems do you forsee with giving one side a buff?

Mostly getting it right so as it's balanced. How far do you buff before characters essentially become raid bosses? It might make it more balanced in a big battle, but when it comes to smaller skirmishes things could be completely out of whack.

Just now, Redsquirl said:

when it comes to smaller skirmishes things could be completely out of whack

If the buff is given per region unless you have people trolling others on purpose, the balance is probably pretty good even in "smaller skirmishes". And if a high level wants to troll in a lower level region he doesn't need any buff for that...

Just now, Jishinka said:

If the buff is given per region unless you have people trolling others on purpose, the balance is probably pretty good even in "smaller skirmishes". And if a high level wants to troll in a lower level region he doesn't need any buff for that...

But then what if Crimsons make Cerulean alts and multibox to make it outnumbered just to get the buff to then own the ceruleans? Anything can be abused too easily :/

Another suggestion  is to make 1 or 2 channels in Misty Wood where PVP is not enforced when you put on your faction uniform. Opposing faction in this channel will not be seen as red, only the opposing NPCs where you need to complete your dailies.

Also, to ensure this channel is not abused, have it not spawn terrors or BW. For those dailies you will need to go to a channel where PVP is enforced. At the moment, it is so hard for new level 45s to get their soul shields because blue is always camping every single channel, making the game extremely unbalanced.

I don't think they're too concerned nor should you be unless you're really attatched to world pvp. With how quick they're pushing patches we'll have the 50 cap soon enough. 50 cap faction stuff functions very differently and misty woods/beach dailies no longer award soulstones after the first completion. Not to mention due to the massive power creep open world pvp becomes near game of oneshots to the point where basically nobody open world pvps in the 50 cap faction zone (at least on TW they don't and we're following TW's build almost exactly). It's an entirely pointless endeavor so people usually just stick to their channels for farming faction bosses.  

you know how they have a feature where you can't even join a faction if it has too many members?  yeah, and there is still this imbalance? guess what, you can't make the folks who join your faction wear the uniform and participate,  if total numbers are counted as even, but 3/4th of one faction decides not to bother but only 1/4th of the other does the same, yeah, roflstomping ensues.

this game was not designed with balanced faction pvp in mind, no game with channels is. there is a reason certain channels of misty woods are known as crimson and others are known as cerulean,  people only wear the damn uniform to get soulstones and maybe the soul shield set.

14 minutes ago, Jayrune said:

you know how they have a feature where you can't even join a faction if it has too many members?  yeah, and there is still this imbalance? guess what, you can't make the folks who join your faction wear the uniform and participate,  if total numbers are counted as even, but 3/4th of one faction decides not to bother but only 1/4th of the other does the same, yeah, roflstomping ensues.

But total numbers ARE NOT even, at least on Poh, and we don't have any "crimson channels".  When you have a hard time even getting your bopae, just to have a chance as a new 45, you either reroll as blue on the same server, just to have access to account stuff, and make the imbalance worse, or you resign yourself to PvE/Arena exclusively.  If you work, you don't have 2 hours to get dailies done on red that would take you 10-15 minutes on blue.

Can confirm dailies on Jiwan SUCK as a Crim. It's basically hide & seek. A lot of fun until you're just trying to get something done, but usually you spend 15 minutes changing channels trying to find the single one Crimson is farming Misty on and hoping no one decides to come break up the fun.

I'm not sure how you compensate for player mentality with game mechanics in this case, but all I see is more and more Crims leaving for Cerulean because they can't do their dailies.

Honestly kind of enjoy the need of guerilla tactics on my main since I had a decent SS/wep early as anyone, but I'm not entirely certain how I'm going to manage with my alt on Jiwan.

9 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Can confirm dailies on Jiwan SUCK as a Crim. It's basically hide & seek. A lot of fun until you're just trying to get something done, but usually you spend 15 minutes changing channels trying to find the single one Crimson is farming Misty on and hoping no one decides to come break up the fun.

I'm not sure how you compensate for player mentality with game mechanics in this case, but all I see is more and more Crims leaving for Cerulean because they can't do their dailies.

It was like that yesterday except the Ceruleans were farming the camps. I was lucky enough to turn in a quest before switching channels only to find 15 in each server in the exact same place. 

They should probablt just add PvP only channels to make it fair. And divide everyone up. Faction dailies strictly given to you to kill players. And not that crap with lets put lvl 20's and lvl 45's HM 2 and 3 in one channel and see how it goes lol. Where they divide them and everyone is separated by lvl and matching stats. Now that would be awesome. Random spawn points and no one can just stand near them. Groups of three or less. And the spawn points are basically unreachable. I believe they won't take this into account at all. Just saying it would be a good idea. And makes it fair. 

1 hour ago, Redsquirl said:

I am not sure what can really be done to fix faction imbalance. Generally people will gravitate to the faction they perceive as having the easiest time getting stuff done. The only possible solution I can really think of short of forcing people to play the red faction until numbers are equal is a stat buff to the side with the lowest numbers although that comes with its own problems.

It's hard to rebalance, all they can do now is give rewards / buffs

How about we just say that if your faction on a channel is outnumbered 2:1 or worse, you become immune to PvP (unless you click a popup to re-enable it).

It guarantees reds can run their dailys where they couldn't otherwise, and makes the vacuum drawing everyone to cerulean stop since it's no longer mandatory for soul stones.

The easiest way to fix faction imbalance is to put a faction cap on channels for each faction. Make it so only a certain number of Reds or Blue can be in channel X at a time. Simple, but they aren't capable of an easy solution like this. Just as well they can lock people from joining the overpopulated faction all together for a while until things even out, but once again I highly doubt NCsoft is capable of this simple solution. 

1 hour ago, Xydes said:

The easiest way to fix faction imbalance is to put a faction cap on channels for each faction. Make it so only a certain number of Reds or Blue can be in channel X at a time. Simple, but they aren't capable of an easy solution like this.

And how will faction get together to do terrors/wyrm? If the limit is too low there will be problem doing them. If the limit is high enough to do wyrm, it would have no efect in balancing world PvP.

1 hour ago, Xydes said:

Just as well they can lock people from joining the overpopulated faction all together for a while until things even out, but once again I highly doubt NCsoft is capable of this simple solution.

There already is system like that.

Archived