Forums

[ MUSHIN / POHARAN / JIWAN ] Faction Unbalance MEGATHREAD

Dizeliun

In the server I'm in we were originally outnumbered and out equipped by the Crimsons (heck I still remember how it was full Crimsons for a couple weeks). I say out equipped too because most of the Crimsons had the spots guarded for Faction farming as well and we were pretty much getting demolished. 

Now though, it's been a very even ground. We have the occasional moments when Crimsons outnumber Cerulean online and vice versa at certain times but other than that, we seem pretty even. And I'm surprised to, some of the Crimsons actually moved to Cerulean which made it even. No idea why they moved but hey if it makes the factions even I don't mind. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2016 at 11:03 AM, Redsquirl said:

I am not sure what can really be done to fix faction imbalance. Generally people will gravitate to the faction they perceive as having the easiest time getting stuff done. The only possible solution I can really think of short of forcing people to play the red faction until numbers are equal is a stat buff to the side with the lowest numbers although that comes with its own problems.

i see that being a potential solution or being a big problem for the game. if you force people to stay on the losing side, they either lose interest in the server and go somewhere else or abandon the game completely. No one likes to lose, or be forced to remain on the losing side. i do remember someone saying to have some channels where PVP is enabled and some where it isn't so that people can at least do the quest for soulstones. 

The real issue here is OWPvP in general.  The vast majority of players do NOT want to engage in OWPvP - they want their faction dailies done because it is the ONLY way PvE'ers can get Soulstones outside arena...thus people are going to go to the strong side so that they can get their mandatory dailies done.  The problem would be less severe if NcSoft would just give PvE players a purely PvE way of getting Soulstones...why they don't is beyond me.

Remove OwPvP all together then. Developers do not have the intention to manage OwPvP, seems like it. There's no point in a game design where you indirectly forbid a group of players to access to some contents (BlackWyrm etc), there's also no point in a game design where you makes a group of players' life much harder than the other group. I'll give you -10/10 for that shitty design.

Keep your PvP in the Arena if you don't want to balance out OwPvP. This issue is really difficult to voice out with, since the victims are the minority in each server.

its ANNOYING AS HELL not being able to talk to the NPC to turn in your quest or get them because they are camped by the other side on EVERY CHANNEL.  

A fix?  simple... GW2 had a system in place called OUTNUMBERED.  

Basically the server knew exactly how many of what side was on the map, and the side which was outnumbered vastly got a buff in dmg/health/resistance.  Also had no repair fee's from deaths.  

This will allow us which is outnumbered to hold our ground, and if the other side is pissed at our buff's they can just move to a balanced channel or live with having to jump miniboss strength players everytime they think they have way more numbers.  

Then again, it would also be halarious watching a team of 6 players take down BW thanks to the outnumbered Buff.    

I think there should be special channels added to the main PvP open world areas that are specific to each faction. Yes i know it defeats the purpose of OWPvP but alot of us just want to do the quests. PITA to go questing by yourself and get jumped by full parties of CO when you didn't even look in their direction before the ROFLstomp you. Just add 5 channels that only each faction has access to. 5 for crimson 5 for CO. This way people can get their faction dailies done with some shred of sanity left....

Dizeliun,

Save your Screen shots to some pic sharing site like Photobucket, etc. Then, when you post a comment, look at the bottom of the screen for the green box that has, in white script, "Insert other media" in it. Click on that, then select "Insert image from URL." and 'Ctrl V' your link to your SS in the space provided. In Photobucket, the Direct Link is the link that you want to copy. Hope this helps!:)

Michelle

Here is an example: My Alt. NyluhPasternak on Iksanun Server.:)

Capture4_zpsf9pcvcdo.png

Fix the balance issue the rest of the game will sort itself out.

1. Remove the NPC's that allow people to defect. Put a item in shop priced moderately 
to be used if a person wishes to switch sides. Defector Tag 599 nc coins.

2. Remove the NPC's from the opening map that allows players to pick a side. Let them choose when they 
make it to the NPC's in story mode. That would cut down on the already silly amount of lvl 15 gold selling bots.

3. Give people 2 weeks to lvl past 15 if they have not in that amount of time they no longer play
or have already quit the game. Do a purge every couple weeks to get rid of these toons/bots.

4. Do not count people below the level of 30 for faction sides that way when you go to join a side
it does not say "even" when it clearly is not.

5. I understand some people are strictly pve I have no issue with this, but, if you intend not to pvp for a faction don't pick a side 

it only add's to the issue of imbalance.

Last resort, until balance is somewhat close dedicate 2 channels in misty woods to each faction one red one blue.
One side should not have the opportunity to gear up faster or even have better gear due to the faction
imbalance. A lot of people have already quit the game due to the imbalance, new people get frustrated and quit
because no one can actually play the game as it is intended. Please make some sort of effort to figure this situation
out and make the faction's at least closer in numbers.

Yehara is just outright *cricket*ed. crimsons lead 5 partys to 1 basically WHILE they farm every single channel. its that horrible. Its at the point where its been a week and 1 channel of cerulean can not have a insignia farm because a crimson alt logs onto his main and spams faction chat for crimson to go and *cricket* up the 1 cerulean channel. i waited 3 min on an alt for crimson to open up to get my alt in it. it was to simple to roll into crimson with a imbalance like this. 1 of the biggest crimson guilds had to make a second guild just to fit its members in it lol. yehara is pretty *cricket*ed atm. i could care less if crims are stronger but i just want to get dailys done in a reasonable amount of time not an hour and a half because theres no other ceruleans doing dailys

Some suggestions.

1. Mark of Injustice - Greatly boosts fighting abilities when you are overwhelmed. Increases Defense, HP, Critical Rate, Crit, Evasion and Block.

2. Fortified - You and your allies can withstand incoming attacks. Surrounding yourself with other faction members increases evasion dramatically.

3. Medal of Honor - Increases faction rewards when you have Mark of Injustice and Fortified buffs.

4. Add Soulstone on daily rewards. You can pick either a Key or a 2 Soulstone. That will remove open world PvP unbalance because only dedicated PvP players will engage in PvP. PvE players don't need to do faction dailies to acquire Soulstones.

Make it that it cost 100 gold to switch to ceruleans. Those bandwagoners are the one who make things worse, it wouldnt be this bad if they keep sticking instead of falling to temptation of becoming traitors

Poharan/Mushin/Jiwan server #1 Problem

Maybe clearing the banned bot accounts from Factions could help us out on Soha. Soha is a Red server 3 or 4 to 1, but the Faction screen says they are about the same. They aren't, most channels in Misty will always have a large groups of Reds, maybe a few Blues here and there trying to do their daily's.

Crimson has been pretty much Full since day 1 of Headstart, so Cerul has always had tons of gold spammers.

Also I don't see any reason to be able to join a Faction until you Finish Chapter 17, the 1st OW PvP area and Quests don't even open till after you get there. So just get rid of the Quest to join a Faction and until you get to that specific part of Chapter 17 where you need to choose one.

On 28. 2. 2016 at 8:15 PM, Oracle said:

Some suggestions.

1. Mark of Injustice - Greatly boosts fighting abilities when you are overwhelmed. Increases Defense, HP, Critical Rate, Crit, Evasion and Block.

2. Fortified - You and your allies can withstand incoming attacks. Surrounding yourself with other faction members increases evasion dramatically.

No. This will be abused whenever any side tries to do BW/terrors.

On March 7, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Dlacik said:

No. This will be abused whenever any side tries to do BW/terrors.

How will it be abused? When 10 people are trying to do BW and the outnumbering faction brings in 50 people to wipe you and take it for themselves. That seems like the abuse. Faction inbalance is more harm than this sort of buff would be. I think this guy has the right idea. Instead of increased offensive stats just increase def / hp / evasion / block. On a ratio of how off-even the channel is. 

17 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

How will it be abused? When 10 people are trying to do BW and the outnumbering faction brings in 50 people to wipe you and take it for themselves. That seems like the abuse. Faction inbalance is more harm than this sort of buff would be. I think this guy has the right idea. Instead of increased offensive stats just increase def / hp / evasion / block. On a ratio of how off-even the channel is. 

1 troll can come in and ruin an entire BW with this buff.

16 hours ago, Dizeliun said:

One thing is the BW wouldn`t get such a big HP pool and such big hitting AoEs if he was intended to be done with 10 ppl.

The faction doing BW is usualy one that has the number advantage in that channel because they gathered ppl to do the BW and the channel is full so not many ppl of oposite faction can get in.
Now imagine one destroyer with def buff just rushing in and keep spinning -> you can`t stop him with CC because he is immune, you can`t stop him with dmg (even from BW AoE`s) because def buff.

I agree that issue with unballanced faction needs to be solved but you can`t solve it with something that will screw everything else.

On 2/19/2016 at 7:08 AM, Vexe said:

lolwut?
And here I though it'd always be the Crimsons ruling. Everyone and their mothers roll Crimson, because their outfits look great and Cerulean is ugly. Plus, IIRC I agree with Crimson ideals over Cerulean's ideals? Gotta look up what they are again.

lol sadly mistaken ceru's elite outfit looks so much better then the fugly wine red one crimson's have. only good looking crimson one is the cinderlands officer outfit.

Thank you for making this lets keep this alive Dx

There should definitely be buffs or reward increases for crimson faction dailies... id even go as far as to say for ALL dailies. honestly we reds are more or less locked out of faction content due to the sheer outnumbers. blues jump us constantly and even when we can stand a chance they call us out in faction chat and an army comes to destroy us lol. its simply no fair at all -x-

Cant do blackwyrm, cant do ogres, can barely do faction dailies... honestly its sad that the only way to consistently get dailies for factions done is to do them deep in the night when most blues are asleep. it shouldnt be this way... TxT either limit the faction channels so that only so many blues & reds can enter.. dont allow one faction to completely douse a channel =/ or simply encourage faction balance by giving us buffs or more rewards / money / exp idk SOMETHING.

-x- you cant just let this kind of imbalance keep going  cause if you do whats the point of factions? if the only way to win is to pick blue why even have them in the first place?

Archived