[ MUSHIN / POHARAN / JIWAN ] Faction Unbalance MEGATHREAD

Dizeliun

I think it'd really help to have an indication of which faction is more populated than the other. At least something like others have suggested; an "Outnumbered" buff. At the moment it's very vague and everyone is just angrily attempting to guess with ridiculous ratios.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest way I could see to fix the whole soulstone problem is just add soulstones to the daily boxes from Poh, Bloodshade, and Labyrinth. I mean seriously Tomb of Exiles gives you soulstones and that dungeon is a downright joke. Why do the dailies for the actual fun dungeons that require some sort of effort to get through give you nothing but a rubbish potion and maybe a key? At least if those three got soulstones in the boxes people would be able to do PvE without having to suffer through the insane imbalance in Misty Woods.

1 hour ago, Ramirez77 said:

The easiest way I could see to fix the whole soulstone problem is just add soulstones to the daily boxes from Poh, Bloodshade, and Labyrinth. I mean seriously Tomb of Exiles gives you soulstones and that dungeon is a downright joke. Why do the dailies for the actual fun dungeons that require some sort of effort to get through give you nothing but a rubbish potion and maybe a key? At least if those three got soulstones in the boxes people would be able to do PvE without having to suffer through the insane imbalance in Misty Woods.

You know what I never even thought about this either.. why the heck do we get soul stones from tomb but nothing further? lol seems so silly.

1 minute ago, Negaimu said:

You know what I never even thought about this either.. why the heck do we get soul stones from tomb but nothing further? lol seems so silly.

It is extremely stupid in my opinion. I honestly have no clue why they give you the better reward chest for a dungeon that doesn't have any sort of challenge at all when you are capped and actually need the soulstones. Hell at the level you'd be getting the ToE daily you don't even need soulstones at that point, but when you get to Poh, Bloodshade, and Lab you get absolutely nothing worth any sort of value from the daily box besides that wonderful potion they always give you and maybe a key which just gets added to the massive stack of hundreds of keys we accumulated. Hell maybe add the option to use Moonwater Value stones to buy soulstone bags. After getting the Baotite weapon there is really no use at all for those. At least when the 4 level 45 blue dungeons required them for Dragonblood they had some sort of use. But now they just sit in my bank and not do anything.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:19 AM, Captain K. said:

Every person that comes to Cerulean from Crimson on Jiwan says the same thing: "Wow your faction chat is so much less toxic than Crimson!"

Make a better environment, and people will want to stay.

Jiwan is already done for, same as the over populated servers. There is no turning back, now it's just damage control. iKON on of the top remaining CL guilds just swapped to CO now there is only 3 big guilds left. damage control is now the only option

On 2/18/2016 at 10:08 AM, Vexe said:

lolwut?
And here I though it'd always be the Crimsons ruling. Everyone and their mothers roll Crimson, because their outfits look great and Cerulean is ugly. Plus, IIRC I agree with Crimson ideals over Cerulean's ideals? Gotta look up what they are again.

No one who has already graduated from college will agree with crimson ideals, that's why you see more cerulean on heavily populated servers like Mushin

Increase quest rewards based on faction balance in the area the quest takes place in. If it's 5:1 Cerulean, Crimson gets 5x the reward.

Additionally, provide "no pk" channels that allow players to complete quests without fear of "ganking", at the cost of 50% of the base quest/drop reward (faction balance reward multiplier will not take effect in these channels) for completing any part of the quest in those channels.

-This would also allow players to farm insignias and the like without the frustration of roaming gank squads, but again, 50% slower.

--For enemies that drop a single useful item (since you can't take half an item), you instead are given a 50% chance of the item dropping at all in these channels.

• 1 month later...

Dude, this mega thread is just another mega rant thread. Let me tell you this imbalance is happening to all other server because the game mechanics allows player to transfer easily to the opposite faction. 

Also let me rephrase the entire scenario why this would causes severe imbalances impact.

When there's two faction involves, is like a see saw in play. It starts out quite balance because the system will forces close when the see saw leans over to the heavy side of the faction so people would have to join on the opposite faction so it would seems "balance" 

But after a certain period, players will leave the game and bots will "reproduce" at a large rate and also players will start moving over to the more "favourable" side of the faction due to their own benefit or field interest. The game mechanics will try to "balance" by closing that side of the faction and leave an opening to the lighter side. So what's next? Bots and new player will join that side of the faction and your theory of imbalance kicks in. This will causes filteration mechanics instead of balance mechanics, which they will filter off the inactive/bots/newbies/unlucky ones to the weaker side of the faction and when you're in that position as a newbie you weren't aware of it because you are still favorable to field and dungeon quest. But once you reach to a certain level that requires you to complete faction quest, you will able to see the contrast on the "see saw" balancing mechanics. 

You can't fix this mechanic if that is your initial intention of the "mega post". Most the dev can do to reduce this is to award the weaker side some passive bonuses like %exp and %stats. 

Archived