How do you do damage

animekitty

I have awakened profane maxed I should be doing alright damage by this point, my accessories are almost all maxed awakened infernal. Against trash mobs in the high level dungeons I'm dealing 300-500 damage unless I send them flying in the air which people dont like. If I leave it to anyone else to clear these mobs it takes them maybe a second or two. It takes me two minutes. WTF am I doing wrong.

How can we help when all you tell us is you do shit dmg and you have profane weapon.  We need to know what you are doing and your gear to help you.  Gem setup, skills etc.  I find it strange you take 2 minutes to kill a mob unless all you're doing is using basic auto attack.

Just now, SongNhi said:

How can we help when all you tell us is you do shit dmg and you have profane weapon.  We need to know what you are doing and your gear to help you.  Gem setup, skills etc.  I find it strange you take 2 minutes to kill a mob unless all you're doing is using basic auto attack.

1234zxv don't really do damage on a dancer. 1 is a knockdown, 2 is a dash, could use multislash but didn't find it that useful so just use the stun version, 3 is a knock down I could spec it to leave ground damage but seeing as I cant hold agro ppl tend to run around moving the mob out of the damage zone so its useless. 4 can do damage but its more of a stop boss from doing shit for a while button. z is defensive, last time I took off my defensive z I regreted it. x cant do damage so I chose to focus on another oh shit button. V is another oh shit button, It can be another way to enter draw stance but not a big fan of that stance, doesn't seem to increase my damage much and it limits me to basically auto attacks. C enters draw stance and does a small amount of damage, more if the enemy is cced but again limits me to just autoing the rest of the time.

Just now, SongNhi said:

Oh. Not using draw stance.  Theres your problem.

I use it, still doesnt do anything my RMB can crit for 2k damage which is nice but its basically a one time use my F doesn't seem to do anything so rarely bother with it, ive tried both specs for it. LMB does maybe 100 more damage yippie!

You have to enter draw stance when you have good enough focus to make use of it, its no good if u go into draw stance, hit 1 move and then lost focus and then be forced back into basic stance again.  Also we dont know what your stats are, attack power? crit? crit dmg etc.  There is a mile difference between dmg just by equiping correct gems and soulshields.  You're a blade user, you have to learn how to utilize the draw stance cos that is where 90% of your dmg will be coming from.  Basic attack or some shit other basic stance moves are for CC and focus recovery.  Always get into draw stance when you can.

Just now, Ambition said:

what do you expect with PVP/defense soulshields you only have 873 Critical.. i have 2k farm up some decent soulshields and infuse them with crit and you should be fine

So what you are saying is if I want to do any damage I have to make it so a boss can 1 shot me. Sounds like a lot of fun

1 minute ago, animekitty said:

So what you are saying is if I want to do any damage I have to make it so a boss can 1 shot me. Sounds like a lot of fun

Eh no, youlll lose like 6k hp and gain tons of dmg, ever heard of the saying ''the best defense is a good offense''   when do you think youll take more dmg? when you take 10 seconds to kill a bos or 30? hp is overrated especially in pve

2 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Eh no, youlll lose like 6k hp and gain tons of dmg, ever heard of the saying ''the best defense is a good offense''   when do you think youll take more dmg? when you take 10 seconds to kill a bos or 30? hp is overrated especially in pve

Only other soul shield I know about is the blackram supply one, Just from what I saw looks like I'll lose 10k hp, I see plunty of parties die at the first boss in supply chain just because they cant take a hit. 

5 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

are you sure you are sing the draw stance ani-cancel properly or fast enough? 

No I do not animation cancel, thought taht was only a destroyer thing, do tell how I'm supposed to ani cancel with just LMB

Use moonwater or the blackram soulshield set from POH 6/24.  Infuse them with the cheap green elite crit soulshields.  Get atleast 1.6k crit, and get a critical dmg bracelet and your damage will skyrocket.  Also learn to use your skills.  Your attack power is high enough already for good dmg.

And you dont need anywhere near 1.2k defence LOL.  Boss wont 1 shot you with half that defence, and anyway blade users have so much mobility and blocks you shouldnt be getting hit often so you only need the bare minimum of block and defence stat to be able to block attacks without taking damage or very low dmg seeps past your block.

Archived