Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

1 hour ago, Zuzu said:

I basically read this as, "This is too much of a challenge and I play a supposed weak class, please make this easier."

For certain bosses you have a set timer before the boss undergoes "Enrage" status. During the status they usually spam their powerful skill that general wipes out the party but you're still able to attack them. Just under a lot more pressure.

For Junghado though, he becomes untargetable  while spamming his most powerful skill so it's basically an execute.

This system teaches players to attempt to dish out the most dps they can in a nice amount of time to avoid the Enrage status.

It takes decent gear and coordination to do this.

Oh cool , any bosses that have enrage at lower levels . I'm level 8 right now ;3

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2016 at 2:58 PM, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

lol... I was reading through the beginning posts and... lol

Game doesn't mean fun. Let me google it for you

n

"a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. "
"a type of activity or business, especially when regarded as a game. "

adj
"eager and willing to do something new or challenging. "

You're first sentence is implying that all games are fun cause it's a game. Or are you saying your holiness is the one who decides what is a game or what isn't? If so, then I apologize. It's not work I have to agree. If a game feels like a chore for you, don't play it... I play games because it's competitive and not easy, so I have fun and it does not feel like work nor a commitment. Everyone has own skills and experience... sure. Let's use Junghado as example, if you can't kill him... Why are you trying too? Want soul shield? Farm the warrior emblems and buy it from the npc... Why are you doing something that feels like work/commitment and not fun in the first place. You masochist. I have nothing more to say. wow where my toxicity come from... I apologize. Half of this is also strewn with sarcasm.

I don't know if anyone notice this but the Blackram Narrow Last Boss grab move can be stop half way in (basically before you get slam down into the floor and die) if your party can successfully do a joint combo, it also say it right after you got grab (a pop up on the middle of the screen with a very light grey words saying to stop it use a combo something like that for about 2 second or so)

start at 1:53-2:01 into the video, right when she/he got grab it say it right at the top near the boss health bar in this video... which led me to believe all the boss special kill skills can all be stopped by a  successful joint combo

When i think enrage i think junghado. 2 days back i fought him for a good 6-7 hours nonestop. Was having a very very VERY hard time with him. Changing up my build back and forth trying to max-min my build as much as possible. In the end i got him, by timing everything exactly right and using every chance i saw for doing damage. Now the only thing in my way was the enrage. I mean in general he isn't so difficult if not for the enrage. The feeling when i beat him though ... wrote a /f in full caps with "f... yeah!!! Eat shit junghado nobody can mess with this kung fu!!!! The last game that gave me that feeling was dark souls.

I loved it and in a sense was only possible because of the enrage. I felt like the king of my castle. For people who already played on other servers this guy was most likely trivial, but for us a real new players this guy is a achievement. The first real test (with profane atleast). Everything before that is pretty much easy peasy.

As allot already said it's a sort of gear check, but i rather have this then "without the moonlight blablabla abyss gear this enemy won't take damage". There are allot of ways of doing it, but this being pretty fluent. The good guy in the movie always makes a comeback from half dead, the only difference here ... he is not the good guy.

Edit: I normally don't like spoilers, but if anybody could tell me if junghado dies somewhere along the road (preferably very painfull) it would be appreciated if you could tell me.

On 2/11/2016 at 6:58 AM, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

Yes, just water down the game because some maplestory gamer finds it too difficult.

I'm using true profane, not even siren and I kill 7F boss in 3 mins 10s.

Dude, go back and play your maple story, Go on spamming the same button pls.

On 2/14/2016 at 1:21 AM, DoowieEU said:

I don't know if you're being serious or not xD

But I'm not new (currently working on my True Siren staff :D)

the fact that you don't know what i mean makes my sarcasm truer then i thought it'd be

also everyone who believes enrage timer = difficulty have absolutely no idea what true difficulty is

a timer that says i win after X seconds isn't hard to deal with when you get overpowering gear it is just lazyness trying to prevent other players who do not have the dps from working their way through a fight

i would be much more satisfied if a boss was truly difficult not timer based but ability based with an Ai that can handle multiple opponents simultaneously without cheesing them a good example would be when "the mysterious man" grabs and spins a player around and throws them he could throw them into another player then run to their location and choakslam them both for a large splash attack that would hurt other players around him and possibly make the two players slammed unconscious more intricate interesting attacks like that and the skill to deal with everyone using a multitude of attacks and maneuvers thats the kind of difficulty i want

what we currently have are Sand bags that will wipe your party if you don't kill them within X seconds while they have multiple million hp

I'd even settle for x2 attack speed for the enemies over that

8 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

Enrage is a DPS check.  If you're hitting it consistently, well I hate to say it, but... GIT GUD.  You're not doing enough damage.

no matter how gud you git if you don't got the goods

it's pointless

it's not skill based it's solely gear based

2 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

no matter how gud you git if you don't got the goods

it's pointless

it's not skill based it's solely gear based

Yeah, maybe, to a point.  How much of a gear disparity are we talking?  If you're trying to do BSH with your Awakened Hongmoon stuff then you're going to have a bad time.  It doesn't sound like you're that far behind in the gear department.  So what is it?

Where are you having the most trouble?  What build are you using and what's your rotation?  Have you watched any kill videos for that boss?

at the time i made this topic i was at True infernal 10

but this thread isn't about the fact that i lost to enrage but the Enrage system itself and the fact that it exists when it really should not there is literally no reason for it especially if this game has any claim to being skill based

in vindictus i've seen a 24 man party of level 40s kill Elchulus with toy weapons it took forever but it felt real good to win

it was so cool it was so interesting it was just great this game will never give a feeling like that as long as the enrage system is in place

i have yet to have the feeling of "something epic happened" outside of PvP enemies just feel like sandbags for the most part

6 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

at the time i made this topic i was at True infernal 10

but this thread isn't about the fact that i lost to enrage but the Enrage system itself and the fact that it exists when it really should not there is literally no reason for it especially if this game has any claim to being skill based

in vindictus i've seen a 24 man party of level 40s kill Elchulus with toy weapons it took forever but it felt real good to win

it was so cool it was so interesting it was just great this game will never give a feeling like that as long as the enrage system is in place

i have yet to have the feeling of "something epic happened" outside of PvP enemies just feel like sandbags for the most part

It's hard to take you seriously when you claim there's "literally no reason" for enrage mechanics.  Can we ditch the hyperbole?  There are plenty of skill-based encounters where one of the core mechanics is to complete it within a specific time.  Are you familiar with Time Trials?

8 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

It's hard to take you seriously when you claim there's "literally no reason" for enrage mechanics.  Can we ditch the hyperbole?  There are plenty of skill-based encounters where one of the core mechanics is to complete it within a specific time.  Are you familiar with Time Trials?

I learned a new word~

anyway what reason can you give me as to why this enemy who was beaten to a bloody pulp over X minuets strait

has the resource reasoning power or strength to instantly wipe a party with no harm done to itself

the short answer is they do not

Time does not = skill unless your playing a racing game

Especially with equipment based Variables

7 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

I can see that I'm wasting my time here.  Enjoy your thread.

unfortunately i feel like I am as well but i still want this game to be better than it is

even if i have to wade through all of the "git guds" the community that cannot read throws at me

2 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

I learned a new word~

anyway what reason can you give me as to why this enemy who was beaten to a bloody pulp over X minuets strait

has the resource reasoning power or strength to instantly wipe a party with no harm done to itself

the short answer is they do not

Time does not = skill unless your playing a racing game

Especially with equipment based Variables

The point of the enrage timer is to force you to not just beat the boss but to beat the boss in a particular way.  This game was wise to not have such a mechanic in place before, and the game's developers would be well-advised to take a long hard look at how Wildstar is doing if they're going to start catering to the "follow the guide and git gud" crowd.

if you cant burst something down before enrage, your gear is sub par. Im an fm, and my dual dragons crits for about 13k. Dual dragons is up typicaly after the cd cycle, so i can dps things down at stupid speeds. 

why do we need gear checks you ask? there are many reasons. a few examples:

a f2p mmo wants you to grind. to "help" with said grind for gear the company will offer items for money to help speed things up for convienience.

its a way to prevent bots from grinding the game with sub optimal gear

it increases the dificulty of an already easy pve game

it forces you to work as a team to burst the target down.

it forces you to upgrade gear, thus having to grind.

if you dislike this mechanic, then i hope you dont play monster hunter. enrage has been common in that game series for a while, and it teaches you how to dodge and burst at the same time. your not one of those people that stay in one spot are you? as thats the only reason you cant handle it (asuming your not talking about mushins fl 7).  use your iframes, your dodges and monitor your cooldowns. cd management is half this game.

It's weird how there's usually two extremes about this.

One one side, people think Junghado is too hard and should be nerfed.

On the other side, people are saying its easy and "you don't know what real difficulty is" etc etc.

In my opinion, as someone who is not new to BnS (played JP version), but IS new to Mushin Tower, I find Junghado very difficult, but also doable. My first time, it took me 16 tries before I finally killed him. Since then, I've worked my way down and can usually kill him on the first try but if I'm not completely on my shit, I may die a couple times.

So midst all the "too hard" and "too easy", I'd like to say that I think Junghado, and Mushin's Tower in general, is just fine the way it is.

Enrage Mode, HP Threshold etc. I call those mechanisms cheap tactics to make you farm although you got enough skill to beat it otherwise.

Some games make bosses use attacks that do lets say 10k Dmg and if you don't have enough HP/Resist from Equipment (which needs a certain level etc) you can't beat it.

Some games make it so the boss enrages if you cannot do enough damage in a certain amount of time (same, dmg = equip = level = farm).

cheap tactics to force you into farming stuff.

Archived