Why all of the mmorpg today is easy easy ?

Moreca

Today, there is no class like a Tank (paladino L2),  buff, healer, etc.

I know there is L2 classic (the true L2 and MMORPG).. no easy to level up, to hard to  make  and to get equipment, you need to party to almost everything, etc...

Now you earn equipment easy easy, up easy easy, you do almost everything alone, no tank, no buff, no healer, no support, etc. 

Serious these people likes one game (mmorpg) easy easy ?? this is not the essence of a true MMORPG... 

Because Blade and Soul is not L2, and you need to readjust your expectations if you think that's what it should be.

Nobody wants to play excessively grindy Korean MMOs anymore. Especially not ones that come to the West in this day and age.

3 minutes ago, Teisho said:

Because Blade and Soul is not L2, and you need to readjust your expectations if you think that's what it should be.

Nobody wants to play excessively grindy Korean MMOs anymore. Especially not ones that come to the West in this day and age.

they could say: BnS is not a true MMORPG.. said that, I would understand 

thank for explanation

8 minutes ago, ComatoseBellicose said:

As the person above me said; Player retention.

MMORPGs rely on having a community, and the best way to do that is to cast your "demographic net" as far and as wide as possible.

where is the tank ? where is the buff ? where is the healer ??? i can bealive it

the genres for ''MMORPGs'' is very broad.

For example Runescape is an mmorpg

Everquest is an mmorpg

even Second Life is considered an mmorpg

Maybe the sub-genre you are into is ''Classic'' or if you want to go even further ''Classic Korean Fantasy'' (which is Lineage 2)

''Classic Western Fantasy'' would be World of Warcraft, Everquest, Ultima Online

Blade and Soul is considered ''Martial Art Action'' type and it's hard. Trust me. Your equipment becomes very RNG-based when you upgrade it (at least at 50). And 45+ dungeons become impossible with pugs.

and sorry I do agree. I hate korean grinds. Impossible to have a life outside them xD

10 minutes ago, ConstanzaX said:

the genres for ''MMORPGs'' is very broad.

For example Runescape is an mmorpg

Everquest is an mmorpg

even Second Life is considered an mmorpg

Maybe the sub-genre you are into is ''Classic'' or if you want to go even further ''Classic Korean Fantasy'' (which is Lineage 2)

''Classic Western Fantasy'' would be World of Warcraft, Everquest, Ultima Online

Blade and Soul is considered ''Martial Art Action'' type and it's hard. Trust me. Your equipment becomes very RNG-based when you upgrade it (at least at 50). And 45+ dungeons become impossible with pugs.

and sorry I do agree. I hate korean grinds. Impossible to have a life outside them xD

don't worry about it ! 

yes, i like grid, party, tank, buff, healer, etc...

I will keep on playing and let' see what it will give.... it easy to up and get everything even...

sorry my english.. I'm from Brazil.

32 minutes ago, Teisho said:

Ironically, that's exactly what Blade and Soul is.

Just now, Moreca said:

don't worry about it ! 

yes, i like grid, party, tank, buff, healer, etc...

I will keep on playing and let' see what it will give.... it easy to up and get everything even...

sorry my english.. I'm from Brazil.

If you like grind and hardcore MMORPG with Tank, Healer, Etc. I suggest Everquest 1. It's still very popular :)

If you want F2P Hardcore there are plenty. Lineage 2 has a new server with no expansions....meaning it's the hardest :)

4 minutes ago, ConstanzaX said:

If you like grind and hardcore MMORPG with Tank, Healer, Etc. I suggest Everquest 1. It's still very popular :)

If you want F2P Hardcore there are plenty. Lineage 2 has a new server with no expansions....meaning it's the hardest :)

yes, I play also L2 Europe... lvl 86 and one sub 46 

but the best l2 is until before Kamael (i think)

thank for attention

18 minutes ago, ConstanzaX said:

Especially the Everquest Project 1999 server, the way it was before it tried to modernize.

Archived