Costumes should be account wide.

Twitchybird

I really don't understand the logic behind making costumes character specific, ESPECIALLY not with the wardrobe system. There is no other reason for this, other than milking money and/or time out of players. Which is kind of ironic as it's making them less money.

The new RNG winter box garbage only amplifies my point. If i pay 300+ euros to get an outfit then i would expect it to be usable on all of my characters, i'd expect it if i got it in my first box as well. I'm going to go ahead and guess that there will be more of these boxes in the future because they're so profitable.

Now i'm going to explain some pretty simple logic to ya'll: How many players are playing multiple classes? Half? More? 

So if you were spending an equal amount of time on 2 or more characters, would you then buy these boxes? I wouldn't. Which means that there will be more people sharing my opinion. And thus; making costumes account wide instead of character specific means that you guys over at NCsoft would make more money. 

This would increase your sales on the standard pick and choose outfits

..Boxes

Premium membership (You're not allowed to store outfits in the wardrobe without premium membership).

Character slots.

So you'd make more money while making the players enjoy the game more. It's a massive win for both sides with literally no downside.

Thanks.

I agree.

NCSoft actually makes less money out of items being character-specific, because:

a) Only people who play multiple characters (or are rerolling the character for some reason) would buy the same cosmetic twice.

b) Pretty much everyone who plays multiple characters expects cosmetics to be account-wide, specially if they come from a certain popular game.

I made a detailed suggestion in this topic:

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking this. 

I totally agree, they should allow premium members to share costumes between all characters since we have the wardrobe option. This would increase the amount of premium membership sales and honestly, people would probably spend more on outfits knowing all their characters could wear them. Maybe it would be fair if only 1 character could wear it at a time? Regardless, I really hope they change it..

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of players will grind for certain items or cosmetics.  We all know that.  But at a certain point, running the same dungeon over and over, even with a competent group, becomes torture.  Sure, the player could go do something else, and they probably will, but eventually, they'll end up back in that same dungeon, not having fun.  Multiply that a few times, especially if that player has alts, and the entire game loses its lustre.  Even if voluntary, this kind of repetition is a poison that spreads and can kill a game for a player.

Game devs are starting to catch onto that fact, and shared inventory is becoming increasingly prevalent in modern games.  And why not?  You've already gotten the item once.  You've passed the test; proven your mettle.  Forcing a player to repeat that activity over and over again, on a second character, is kinda absurd.  Destiny caught on to the fact that their players weren't having fun running the same activity over and over for kit, and here's the kicker:  Destiny is a game that made it so easy to transfer items between characters on an account, they made an app for that purpose.  And in the end, they decided even that wasn't enough to alleviate the tedium, and they made it that all cosmetics, once acquired, could be endlessly duplicated.  Players out of inventory space could even throw away that cosmetic to create inventory space with the knowledge they could reacquire that cosmetic at the kiosk at anytime, for free.

It was a brilliant idea that helped alleviate some of the tedium from the game.

Blade & Soul should follow a similar philosophy: streamline the game.  Cut stupid, excess fat that can actually end up harming the game like grinding for cosmetics over and over.

But the thing is, Blade & Soul's business model, as crummy as it is, relies in part on selling inventory space and costumes.  A system like Destiny's would hurt both those income sources.

So how to implement account bound inventory?  Probably like this:

Non-premium members get the wardrobe.  A limited number of cosmetics obtainable in game can be shared between characters through the wardrobe, maybe three to five.  Cosmetics designed as account wide can be shared, but are not replicated meaning in order to move a cosmetic, it has to be unequipped from the original character first, so there is still only one cosmetic over the entire account.  If the player really wants multiple cosmetics for multiple characters, they'll still have to grind for additional cosmetics, and only one copy can "fit" into the wardrobe.  Marking a cosmetic as shared uses a resource like a token, and once used, that token cannot be reused for twelve hours, but after twelve hours can be reused on another cosmetic, marking that cosmetic as shared, but making the prior cosmetic as unshared.  Cash shop cosmetics cannot be shared.

Premium member's wardrobe is fully shared, including cash shop cosmetics.  Additionally, all cosmetics can be stacked up to ten times or whatev.  Doesn't matter.  Enough to equip all of your characters with one costume to create an army, then changing your mind and changing your army uniform to something else.

Nope. The game is F2P. I want the cash shop to remain cosmetics only and not go to pay 2 win due to them not making enough profit. Thanks.

What is needed is that a lot more items need to be account shareable between servers, for example... Fabric and High Quality Fabric, seeing how you can only salvage them from cash shop outfits.

The main reason why I stick to 1 character and avoid the cash shop costumes is because the second character would not make use of any outfits I already have.

At least cash shop ones should be account bound and not character bound.

And NCW wanting to sell something to let you trade outfits once won't help either; they will just make you pay 15 bucks instead of 12 for the outfit, great.

Do you people honestly believe every single thing you're told about how economies and monetary policies work?  Because, hey, have I got this great offer for you.  I guarantee you guys will get very rich, very quickly.  All I need is some not very important information about your banking and we can get started immediately.

All you people do is blindly repeat the same line from the back of a cereal box without ever actually exercising that thing between your ears.

On 2/10/2016 at 7:08 AM, Alison said:

Wont be account-wide. BUT you'll be able to send a costume to another character in the future.

Just need to buy stuff in the cash shop to do so.

So they said. in a stream. I think it's a nice move.... NOT

If that's true I'd be really relieved honestly. I'd absolutely prefer account wide costumes but I'm really irritated by the idea that I could buy a limited edition costume for one character and then no longer be able to use it on any new characters I make.

Can anyone else confirm this?

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived