Black Padded Coat is a random chest!?!?

Phayte

6 minutes ago, GnatB said:

And if you're buying the boxes, you're either a victim or part of the problem.  The argument can be made the companies are just responding to the demand, and there are several threads where there appear to actually be people *happy* about these boxes.

The solution, for those of us who aren't legislators, is to not buy.

All the things you said could be said about narcotics also, but the point of my linking the video wasn't the laws part. That's why I said to listen to the stories at 2:50.

Some times people need help nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

All the things you said could be said about narcotics also, but the point of my linking the video wasn't the laws part. That's why I said to listen to the stories at 2:50.

Some times people need help nothing wrong with that.

True.  And I have all sorts of sympathy for people that started smoking back before the health problems were widely known.  People that start smoking now?  Not so much.

9 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

It's cosmetics and convenience. I'm convinced you people would complain about anything. 

If you pay, you get cosmetics and convenience. You can live without these things. If you can't live without them, pay up.

The issue isn't that they don't want to pay the issue is that it's possible to pay (some well over $200) and they never get one.

1 hour ago, Tupan said:

There is more versions of this ugly costume don't worry.In Taiwan I think we had 3.

Black,Blue and Red.Black was event(so not worth it considering we had BSH wig,mask etc),blue cash shop and red Premium loyalty event.

I can just imagine what F2P rage would be out there if we at some point get Premium Loyalty event like ASIA do.

Something like " Omfggg NCsoft SACKS they give shiny costume,mask or whatever to Premium this so P2W omg me quitttt,omg". Btw there except this event premiums also had costume and sheep hat for free.I can imagine if we had something like this here - the rage and the crying...

But those are items you know about when purchasing. Not a random loot chest. You're not gambling when you choose to make a premium purchase. You know what you are buying.

um why do you guys do this? Spend money on a RNG item, see the results 6k 7k no costume.

You guys are just gullible sheep and NCSoft is just sitting there laughing at you for even spending enough on 1 chest. This sort of thing only promotes NCSoft to do this kind of tactic more with their costumes and lock them in RNG chests. Great going guys (meaning the players supporting this crap with their wallets)

5 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

The issue isn't that they don't want to pay the issue is that it's possible to pay (some well over $200) and they never get one.

All other cosmetics are 15 bucks and under. And you know that you are getting them upon purchase.

2 minutes ago, Anatari said:

um why do you guys do this? Spend money on a RNG item, see the results 6k 7k no costume.

You guys are just gullible sheep and NCSoft is just sitting there laughing at you for even spending enough on 1 chest. This sort of thing only promotes NCSoft to do this kind of tactic more with their costumes and lock them in RNG chests. Great going guys (meaning the players supporting this crap with their wallets)

To be fair some people don't know this is the first time they have seen them. Lotta people don't come to the forums until they do something like that and go wait how did this happen. They haven't seen what happens when these boxes make the most money and turns into all you can buy in the store.

9 minutes ago, Phayte said:

All other cosmetics are 15 bucks and under. And you know that you are getting them upon purchase.

Yea I like that and wouldn't mind if some of the nicer ones went up to even $30 if they need the cash to keep things going I just want what I am trying to buy like most customers.

Most people would think it silly to go to the store for milk and only have 1% chance that milk not water was in the jug even if the jug cost 1/10th the price lol

2 minutes ago, Tupan said:

I needed weapon fidder and bough 2 boxes - got 3 soul stones,2 weapon fidders and 1 for accesories.I'm happy with my purchase

Because you got what you were trying to buy would you have been happy had one not been in it?

3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Because you got what you were trying to buy would you have been happy had one not been in it?

I would be lil bit sad but it's just myself to blame for gambling.Noone forced me to buy the boxes,right?

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

I would be lil bit sad but it's just myself to blame for gambling.Noone forced me to buy the boxes,right?

No because there are other ways to get what you want. but for that outfit as of right now that's the only way. the outfits were shown off some people started to play for that outfit. For me I like the white coat one if it ends up in a box i'll be super sad because I know my RNG why I buy keys for my weps. I'm not here just for that outfit but I'm looking forward to it and would pay any reasonable price for it $50 fine go for it. But the boxes make them unreasonable after a point and you never know if you'll be one of the unreasonable ones. A lot of people want the warlock class how much QQ do you think there would be here if to unlock that you needed an item from a RNG box?

Oh from 54390509390 costumes this game offer this people wanted exactly this one in exactly this colour...right.You can't have them all.There will be exclusive costumes for premiums,pack deals and so on.In Taiwan the winter x-mas costume which on lyn has lil black cat on it was in a package deal - about 30 euro.There was the chinese empress costume - ~40 euro 90 day pack.And many more.There was premium exclusive costumes for which you had to be Preium for about 6 months - and you could not just buy 6 months worth of premium to be eligible to obtain you - you had to collect tokens(free premium exclusive)everyday and few months later to exchange them.There was also RNG boxes but not with 3 soulstones - instead they had 100.And 120 soulstones for 25 euro and so on.

With the business you can't please everyone,but rather the majority.Most people don't care for that costume and rng boxes in general,others like them,some % of the comunity hate them with passion,but they are the loud one usually.

"If you purchase cash shop RNG boxes, you are supporting ebola."  - Taylor Swift

"Don't be a terrorist.  Don't buy cash shop RNG boxes."  - Kanye West

"I look amongst we who have gathered here today, and I see courageous, stalwart defenders of Freedom.  March forth with me my Brothers and Sisters; we shall destroy every single cash shop RNG box and grasp our Justice, no matter how grave the cost.  Now come, lads, in the name of Liberty."  - Hatsune Miku

Cash shop RNG boxes exist only to trick your lizard brain into vastly overpaying.  You may as well burn your cash in an actual fire.  Not only that, you are actively damaging the gaming community by telling publishers and developers that players are willing to sell out.  You are encouraging NCSoft to continue to mistreat gamers.

When you see cash shop RNG boxes, turn away and discourage everybody you can from purchasing them.  That is your Duty.

8 hours ago, GnatB said:

If you're looking for sympathy, you aren't going to get it from me.  Instead I'll be laughing at the fact that NCSoft suckered you into spending $100 for one of the ugliest outfits in the game.

I'm looking for sympathy? Sure. Oh, please, feel sorry for me because I had absolutely no control over my own money and wishes. NCSoft forced me to click to fill up on NCoin and made me click on the Winter Frenzy Boxes. How awful! I should sue!

Grow up.

I don't like RNG-boxes but I have complete control over my actions when I buy them. I'm glad you at least get useful items from every box.

What I don't like is that everything being unable to trade. All costumes that you get from dungeons, wheel of fate and the cash shop. I find it silly. Not everyone are so lucky (my RNG-luck sucks) to get the costume drop from dungeons or wheels of fate (oh god, those are horrible) so they should be able to buy them off other players.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:19 PM, Malvictus said:

Some guy on reddit spent 6k euros on them and didn't get the outfit.

8 hours ago, YuriScarlet said:

I spent 8k didnt get it :(

23 hours ago, hachi83 said:

i spent $300 bucks last night thinking i would get it.... but boy was i wrong... Learnt my lesson.. not buying these box anymore!! T_______T

a sucker is born every minute. they will never stop putting rng boxes into the shop with people like this so easily fooled

2 minutes ago, DustinMcDohl said:

a sucker is born every minute. they will never stop putting rng boxes into the shop with people like this so easily fooled

Can you not see sarcasm? I'm putting big numbers and people instantly believed me. That's what people are doing triggering people to believe something that is not true. I can lie in the Internet and people would believe me because they want something to blame.

This is honestly sad that they resort to people paying real money on a chest which is a gamble to get an favorite item of theirs.  Most game companies that do this come from Asian Market where their players spend thousands upon thousands to receive the nice stuff without any thought on it because this practice has been part of their culture for so long, but here in America, we shun this type of practice because it is unfair to the consumer. Instead of adapting to their target culture, they instead think this behavior is okay and will be accepted here, which leads to the game usually dying in the end.

My ideal free to play shop is this...

• Yearly Released Permanent Cosmetic Looks (Hairstyle, Eye Colors, Ears, Face, Etc, Etc..)
  • EXP Boosters, Gold Drop Boosters, Item Drop Boosters, 0% Weapon Upgrade Fail Booster, and 0% Armor Upgrade Fail Booster
  • Game Story Expansions (Areas, Gear, Class Moves, New Class, Etc, Etc...) and  Storage Expansions
  • Expansion Pack with New Permanent Emotes, Cosmetic Outfits, Cosmetic Sword Designs, and Mounts.
  • Absolutely No Stat Boosters or Strongest Gear In Shop (Doesn't Effect Ranking or Players Stats)

This is basically what I am okay with... because you would get your bang for your buck, developers would constantly be getting new income, the game would be constantly evolving over time, and players would never have to worry about spending thousands of dollars while never receiving the item they want. Any game should be in-game with in-game currency instead of using real life money.  With that being sad, I am very disappointed with NCSOFT doing this.

9 hours ago, Mekusa said:

That's the chance you take. It's a gamble. Gambles are not 100% guaranteed to work out in your favor.

I have 2 coats, one on my main and one on an alt. I went into the situation knowing the risk, knowing that I could end up buying points and not getting the costume.

Like I said, it's just cosmetics. It will not make or break your gaming experience. Your life will go on, with or without this costume. Lol.

Edit: What you guys are not understanding is, if you're one of those that don't want to buy premium, complain about wardrobe not being free, refuse to buy RNG boxes, or spend very much money at all on the game, YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC for the company. The target demographic is financially established adults with disposable income. Why would they alter their business model to coddle their lowest source of income? Logic.

1 hour ago, TheRealBronx said:

That's the chance you take. It's a gamble. Gambles are not 100% guaranteed to work out in your favor.

I have 2 coats, one on my main and one on an alt. I went into the situation knowing the risk, knowing that I could end up buying points and not getting the costume.

Like I said, it's just cosmetics. It will not make or break your gaming experience. Your life will go on, with or without this costume. Lol.

Edit: What you guys are not understanding is, if you're one of those that don't want to buy premium, complain about wardrobe not being free, refuse to buy RNG boxes, or spend very much money at all on the game, YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC for the company. The target demographic is financially established adults with disposable income. Why would they alter their business model to coddle their lowest source of income? Logic.

*Edit part* Huge BS .. so huge i can see godzilla swimming in it ... people here is not saying they dont way to buy something, they dont want to buy something stupid with a random ''chance'', even so the income could have been greater if the cosmetic were in the shop ''GUARANTEED!!!'' not random sadness

Archived