7 DAYS TO DELETE!?

Armos

I just hit 45 on my destroyer and have a 26BD and 25 assassin.. i wanted to delete my assassin and try something new.. 7 days? are you f'n kidding me? I already bought a damn character slot (which I definitely wouldn't have done had I known about this ridiculous restriction). I get its to prevent peoples characters from being instantly deleted if the account is compromised or whatever but what a slap in the face to a legit customer (Let's be real here we all know its to sell more character slots). 

I know nothing can/will be done but I wanted to speak out against this insane bulls***. Now I've got a character I just leveled hard and want to take a small break from and two characters I don't want to play but have to wait a *cricket* week to delete. Its my fault for not finding out about this completely ludicrous restriction but this is why I don't usually deal with F2P games and I totally regret spending money.

Maybe find a way to combat gold sellers and account thefts in a way that doesn't screw legit players over VERY badly.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is it written that the 7 days is some kind of account compromised character deletion security measure?

After level 15 i think that 7 days kicks in and it makes more sense that it is preventing a player from gaining an unfair advantage of creating new characters and farming in game mats storing in bank, with a rinse and repeat type format or supporting a main character with extra keys, charms, costumes to harvest fabric from etc, etc etc ...    

If it is above lvl 15 it will take a week to delete.  This is to remove the chance that your account is hacked and someone tries to delete your characters.  

If your account gets hacked you will be thankful for this.  

Also, this topic has been posted about to death and serves a purpose.  Either wait a week or buy another slot and quit whining.  The reason behind it was not insidious but a practical one.

10 minutes ago, Zarec said:

If it is above lvl 15 it will take a week to delete.  This is to remove the chance that your account is hacked and someone tries to delete your characters.  

Also, this topic has been posted about to death and serves a purpose.  Either wait a week or buy another slot and quit whining.  The reason behind it was not insidious but a practical one.

Actually the only purpose it serves is to sell character slots, pay to win aspect that 10/10 promotes real world money cash sells to boost revenue of game, Pretty rude to tell players to stop whining too... 

1 minute ago, OneYouHate said:

Actually the only purpose it serves is to sell character slots, pay to win aspect that 10/10 promotes real world money cash sells to boost revenue of game, Pretty rude to tell players to stop whining too... 

LMAO how is it pay2win.  F2P players like to use that term but lack its understanding.  Guessing its an age thing.  The only way it can be pay2win is if by having another character on your account it gave you access to something that was not available to the normal player.  Everything you have access to on each character you can get on another character.  Errgo not pay2win.  

Google the term as you only look like a knob when you speak of something without knowing its meaning.

you really should learn forum etiquette, people like you tossing fist in the air and smack talking on a game's forum leaves a bad first impression to new players. 

Knob? still being rude?  re-read line above this. If reading the forums makes you this grumpy, eat some fruit and replenish those vitamins guy. 

3 hours ago, Armos said:

I just hit 45 on my destroyer and have a 26BD and 25 assassin.. i wanted to delete my assassin and try something new.. 7 days? are you f'n kidding me? I already bought a damn character slot (which I definitely wouldn't have done had I known about this ridiculous restriction). I get its to prevent peoples characters from being instantly deleted if the account is compromised or whatever but what a slap in the face to a legit customer (Let's be real here we all know its to sell more character slots). 

I know nothing can/will be done but I wanted to speak out against this insane bulls***. Now I've got a character I just leveled hard and want to take a small break from and two characters I don't want to play but have to wait a *cricket* week to delete. Its my fault for not finding out about this completely ludicrous restriction but this is why I don't usually deal with F2P games and I totally regret spending money.

Maybe find a way to combat gold sellers and account thefts in a way that doesn't screw legit players over VERY badly.

Its this way in all versions of the game. Even korea that has to play a monthly sub to even play. Don't know if they will plan to change it. Once a character hits lvl 15 this 7 day timer kicks in.

Maybe at level 14 they should have a window pop up saying "If you hit level 15 you have to wait a week to delete this character." even that would have helped me. "Make another account" I can't believe people think this is a good solution to this. If "make another account" is the solution to any problem in an MMO, its a BAD MMO.

58 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

you really should learn forum etiquette, people like you tossing fist in the air and smack talking on a game's forum leaves a bad first impression to new players. 

Knob? still being rude?  re-read line above this. If reading the forums makes you this grumpy, eat some fruit and replenish those vitamins guy. 

I would have to agree.  A warning would be nice for new players.  

I know this is a security measure to ensure hacked accounts don't get wrecked. 7 days gives a hacked account plenty of time to recover through support.

However, with only TWO character slots by default, if I want to try another class (which I do), I have had to wait 6 out of 7 days now for that one slot to open up.

If you are a premium member, you should have an option to make this instant somehow. This has wasted my time and money and I refuse to be nickel and dimed for everything.

yeah 7 days is just absurd, there's abosolutely 0 reason to wait such a long-a$$ period. absolutely none.

that's just a lazy system that has been put in place without even thinking it through and failing to see how retarded it is.

48 Hours is more than just enough to delete a character over let's 20 since it takes like what 4-5 hours anyway to get there ? even if you get hacked, or whatever the fck else reason that stupid system is in place.

7 days or any time for that matter is stupid. I have (and I'm sure many of you have also) played many mmo's over many years and I've never had to wait to get a character deleted. I wouldn't be surprised if its a way of getting you to purchase another character slot.

12 hours ago, Zarec said:

If it's 'practical' then why NCSOFT can't store this character data in the 'background' - in such case they could do it for even a month and I'd not complain about that. And yet, they are in fact blocking your character slot with character you clearly do not want.

As for free to play games. Do you know what happens when you ask Riot to delete your account? It's there in database for another 2 months, just in case you'd change your mind. It has to be, in case your personal data got compromised and someone sent that request for you. And yet, here we are, with NCSOFT 'protecting' us... cool, really, love the idea of being protected, but not in a way, forcing you to pay more. And hell, I don't mind paying them, just not when it's forced like this. 

Count me as one who agrees with the current system.  Too many moron players "accidentally" delete their characters or claim their characters were deleted by "hackers."  If you take the time to create and play a character to Lv15+, you should be made to deal with the precautionary measures.  If you absolutely must have a new character now, $5 will purchase a new slot. 

13 hours ago, Zarec said:

Erm honestly if your account gets hacked, you have lost all your items and gold regardless, so your high lvl char will be pretty much useless.

Eitherway when hacked someone will have to re-instate a backup of your account / character before the hack happened.

So for a victim to hacked accounts this makes little to no difference what so ever. (unless you want to start playing with 0 equipment)

About accidentally deleting account, a few minutes to a few hours max would be enough for that, 7 days is not in any way or form needed for "accidental" deletion.

For F2P players this just makes them re-signup with a different email and start playing on a different account which costs nothing.

As an advantage you can send mails to your other characters and through multi boxing you can trade (tradeable) items to your other character(s) on your account.

Paying / premium members however get screwed over and they will be more inclined to buy an extra character slot.

Archived