7 DAYS TO DELETE!?

Armos

I've just started playing a couple days ago, and already have two level 16 characters in my free slots. Of course, I went to delete one I didn't enjoy to try another class but now I've got to wait a week to do so. I'm being locked out of a game I'm trying out before I've decided if I'm going to stick with it or not. I couldn't find a class that really fit my style, and now, I won't know if any of them do for another week.

It's not even been half a week and I've not had the chance to try all the classes, and now I'm expected to play just one character for a week, or charge money into a F2P game I JUST picked up, or make new email accounts just to create new characters.

Or, I'll just go back to TERA where I've got 5 character slots on one account without charging a dime into the game.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous. In Forsaken World you have to wait 7 days too, but at least they give you 8 free character slots. In b&s I feel like they do this because they want you to pay for extra character slots. I can't believe we have to pay for character slots though. Who came out with this money grab idea lol

True, true. Though, it becomes a pain if I decide I enjoy the game and consider premium. I'd have a hard time deciding which account to pay for.

I think that's why Mabinogi increased their character slots last summer from 1 per account to 5 per account, because they realized people were just making multiple accounts and those people were less likely to buy premium services/items that would only encompass one of their characters.

ANOTHER POST ABOUT THIS, AGAIN?! Wow, okay please use the search bar prior to making a post. Many answers, and feed back there that you may or may not feel useful, or for you to put your  opinion there :) Thanks! But yes 7 days!

ANOTHER TOPIC ABOUT THERE BEING OTHER POSTS ABOUT THIS!? AGAIN!? Wow, okay please realize that this restriction is complete crap and people SHOULD be complaining left and right. Nah i'm good with making a new one. See, when something sucks its good to cause an uproar about it.. spread awareness about how crappy it is. This forum should be 100% posts about how this 7 day restriction sucks. This is going to be the first thing I tell people when they say "Should I play this game?" Nope, not if you like having control over your characters even after becoming a premium member.

What bothers me is that its painfully obvious that its only to sell character slots. "But people will farm noob characters for the items." How about make it like every other MMO in existence and make those items untradeable? That's no excuse. "ITS TO PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT INCASE HACKERS!" Again, not a good excuse. Email verification to delete a character instantly. Remove the restriction on people with premium accounts or who have purchased another character slot. Besides, why should I or any other player be penalized because people aren't careful about what they click/who they give their passwords to? "Create another account" Nope already invested in this one and to repeat what I said above, if the solution to anything in an MMO is to create another account, the MMO is BAD.

This is crap.

I'm gonna tell you a story.

I used to play Lineage II, which also has this policy of "7 days deletion" thing. With no 2-step authentication, one day I got hacked somehow. At that point I didn't play much, so I didn't noticed right away.

When I logged in, my character was naked and being deleted. I had 2 days left to stop the deletion of my character.

That feature saved me 6 years of character progress.

I've had that happen before, don't know the details of how/why someone got into my account but after a couple days of contact with support (a few months after the deletions) they restored my characters from backups.

On top of that, after 6 years of progress you're likely already at or close to max level, not just a third of the way through the game. BnS doesn't need a 7-day timer on deletion for day old characters.

exactly.. I could get to 15 in an hour.. 2 tops.. to delete a lv 40-45 character? ok a week is fair. THIS ISN'T TO PROTECT YOU IT IS TO MAKE YOU WANT TO BUY CHARACTER SLOTS. Stop thinking these guys give a damn about you.

11 minutes ago, Armos said:

exactly.. I could get to 15 in an hour.. 2 tops.. to delete a lv 40-45 character? ok a week is fair. THIS ISN'T TO PROTECT YOU IT IS TO MAKE YOU WANT TO BUY CHARACTER SLOTS. Stop thinking these guys give a damn about you.

That's not entirely true: 

Also, looking into that topic it seems to be an older topic but still recently posted to and it's had moderator presence so it might be better to move over to there.

Edit: Apologies for the impossible to read text. My attempt to post a permalink to the moderator's post was automatically turned into that ugly monstrosity above. Here's a link to the topic instead: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/153141-7-days-to-delete-a-character/?page=1

They could:

-Make newbie items untradeable.

-Add email verification to character deletion.

-Remove the restriction for premium members or just anyone who has put money into the account.

-Add a checkbox "Prefer 7 day deletion" that requires email verification to remove.

-Make the restriction only apply to characters after lv 40 maybe. It is painfully stupidly easy to get to 15 in no time.

-Add a popup box at level 14 "Warning: If you progress to level 15 you will not be able to delete this character for 7 days"

But those things don't sell character slots.

Yeah I'm pretty upset about this system. I wanted to level up a new character on my friends server so I was going to delete an older character to do so, but now I have to wait a week to do that? That's pretty ridiculous. I think you should find another way to approach this issue like email verification. It's really a pain in the ass since now by the time I get a chance to play with my friend he will probably be level 40+. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if there were at l;east server transfers, but the way it is now I feel completely stuck in the server I first chose. At least allow premium members to bypass this if this is supposed to be a tactic to beat gold sellers....

The extra character slots I've got in TERA were free from the company themselves (some promotion that happened). Same for the 5 character slots in Mabinogi in fact.

Despite having a much more relaxed deletion timer in TERA and gifting me (and many many others that received the promotion) a few character slots, they haven't gone bankrupt and they've brought me back into the game where I've finally charged money into my single account because I KNOW  I enjoy playing on that single account with my multiple characters.

At the least I feel like the super long deletion timer should be for level 40+ characters only. At the most, I think also adding one or two more free character slots would actually be beneficial. It would mean less legitimate players spreading their characters over multiple accounts. It also shows a potential customer a 'customer first!' attitude that makes someone like me more secure in handing over my money. In the first year of Warframe's life alone, I spent over $200 on that game as what I consider a contribution to its future because they obviously highly value their players/customers.

2 hours ago, Crickette said:

Count me as one who agrees with the current system.  Too many moron players "accidentally" delete their characters or claim their characters were deleted by "hackers."  If you take the time to create and play a character to Lv15+, you should be made to deal with the precautionary measures.  If you absolutely must have a new character now, $5 will purchase a new slot. 

You must work for ncsoft... give us $5 for another slot.... Where does that kind of thing end?

38 minutes ago, Vinter said:

I'm gonna tell you a story.

I used to play Lineage II, which also has this policy of "7 days deletion" thing. With no 2-step authentication, one day I got hacked somehow. At that point I didn't play much, so I didn't noticed right away.

When I logged in, my character was naked and being deleted. I had 2 days left to stop the deletion of my character.

That feature saved me 6 years of character progress.

do you know that u can restore DELETED characters? hell in wow i remember being hacked and got deleted characters asked for restoration and got back 2 chars , 1 was a 3 years old priest lol , character data is so small that u can keep the info forever , i remember too FFXI that had a policy of deleting characters on OLD accounts (3month w/o sub i think) , yet ppl that stoped playing for years could come back and play again....

let ppl create more accounts and then wonder why u dont get premium , buy premium on BM , or FM account? ....arghh on none and thats it ... buy something from the store? what account? nah dont gonna buy anything....

NCsoft is losing money not giving at least 4 slots to f2p , wait until warlock is released.....i have a bag full of popcorn just for that

Really? Is all people can do here is insult others for simply stating an option.

A:) Deal with the 7 day delete timer, even if it does suck (and I do agree 7 days is too long for a two slot default account so don't get your hackles up)

B:) Buy another slot

C:) Roll another account if all you want to do is try a fresh class. You can be waiting on deletion in this time.

Those are the options available.

God what a horrid community around here.

Creating a new account to beat a 7 day timer, not so effective for premium and founder accounts, The toxicity and lack of common sense why 7 days is   a pay to win  tactic and being used to to promote extra revenue by selling character slots scrolls to those that are self entitled and subbed to the game is absolutely entertaining.

Karma to those that have literately posted something about people who have not subbed or bought a founders pack. 

Honestly those are the 3 possible ways of action though

Unless Ncsoft changes the system.

As stated before the "but what if a hacker deletes your characters" statement is really a non-issue

to reimburse your items they'll need to look up your character info anyway, so they could just re-add your character char aswell.

Seeing character names are saved for a certain amount of time before anyone else can use them, this would be no problem to completely restore your character on your server.

In my opinion one of the premium perks could be possibility to insta delete (by mail comfirmation if needed)

as premium is currently pretty darn lackluster at the moment and could use some extra "utility" boosts which do not give a ingame advantage over other users.

Yeah any MMO worth its salt can easily recover characters/items. That's not why this restriction is there. They'll say its for your protection but that is beyond ridiculous. I've played MMOs for way too long and have never seen such a horrible system. I've never been denied the ability to enjoy the game by not being able to delete/recreate new characters (in a timely manner.) Its appalling that people think "Create a 2nd account" is a solution and i'd go as far as to claim people who post that garbage are employees or "community managers." I think the reason I'm so annoyed about this is because I actually really do think the game is pretty decent for free to play and I want to take a break from the character i've been leveling and try something new but can't... for a week.. because they're "protecting" me. I don't want that "protection." I want to do something as simple as delete a character I don't want to play anymore and make another one. Its such a simple thing to not be able to do and it blows my mind they have the gall to claim its for "your protection." when in fact it is just to make people want to shell out for character slots..

Which i have done, btw.. and picked up premium. Maybe they should put a disclaimer up somewhere? Sure you're about to give your money to them for a character slot but maybe say "If you play till 15 you are locked out of that slot for a week if you choose to delete." and with the lackluster perks offered by premium i'm very disappointed in what I got with my money and won't be giving any more. Another case of F2P potentially being really nice but falters with a horrendous execution.

On 01/02/2016 at 7:28 PM, OneYouHate said:

you really should learn forum etiquette, people like you tossing fist in the air and smack talking on a game's forum leaves a bad first impression to new players. 

Knob? still being rude?  re-read line above this. If reading the forums makes you this grumpy, eat some fruit and replenish those vitamins guy. 

Stop worrying about new players, this isn't a childs game, it's rated M for a reason. Regardless you used a term which is constantly miss-used and you did the same thing, spreading miss-information and applying something which is extremely negative to a game where it does not belong. Read the meaning of words before using them as that is also part of etiquette. 

Ironic someone who claims the game is "pay to win" is worried about impressions towards new players.

On 2/1/2016 at 1:18 AM, Armos said:

Looks like after 20 or 25 it suddenly goes from reasonable to ridiculous. It seriously takes 3-5 hours to get to 20-25 if you know what you're doing.. but 7 days to undo it? cool. 

How would you feel if an account got hacked one day and someone lost hard earned character levels? It's to confirm that you actually want to delete a character. Most games have this feature for characters above level 10-20 anyways.

3 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

How would you feel if an account got hacked one day and someone lost hard earned character levels? It's to confirm that you actually want to delete a character. Most games have this feature for characters above level 10-20 anyways.

Why would my account get hacked? Don't get hacked and that isn't a problem. Accounts should be restored to before the hack anyway. It's not to confirm that I want to actually delete a character. When I want to actually delete a character, I will chose to delete my character. I don't need 7 days to think about it. Most games don't have this feature also.

I believe the problem actually occurred from the lack of free slots.

I still see the waiting time is still a good countermeasure not only against an intruder, but also if you're forgetting something in that character storage or inventory (system also warned you on deletion if you still have unread mail or pending transactions to prevent loss). But with only 2 free slot at the beginning it left little space for experimenting for your character or class.

Archived