Being a summoner is sad.

Chewma

Here's why, almost every Pvp match I've done I've had someone yell nerf me cause 2v1 is unfair. What I don't understand is, we have the exact number of skills as anyone else in the game. The cat is just an extension of us, it won't do anything unless WE command it. 

Focus the cat and kill it?

Yes the adverage person can finally figure that out now. In 3v3 when people interfere they don't go for me they try and kill my cat. ( sad part I just press Q and puff it's now a no moveable tank)

CC the cat

I press E and frozen cat,stun or dazed cat is back beside me again. 

Had one battle I transferred HP back and forth between me and my cat, needless to say it was a funny match.

Anyway! The point I'm trying to make is true low levels I just had a field day with people in PvP half of them didn't know how to fight me and/or no counter skills cause they weren't unlocked. Higher levels I'm holding my own but there still isn't that respect for the summoner.

of coarse the lamest excuse I'm hearing now is well "wait for he level 50 patch"

First most people in Arena can't even hit 45, that and if you just face roll keyboard still using same mirroring combo and still fail. Like putting a tux on a pile of crap..it's stil going to be crap.

Well, it's simple.

If you win as a summoner, your skill will always be 0. Always. Summoners doesn't deserve the victory just because they are summoners, "designed for noobs". <- This is my conclusion after reading this forum.

As a summoner, i'm done with pvp, dailies aren't worth.

Summoner is the lowest skill cap class thats why they get so much hate, you can argue all you want that the pet is just a extention of you but its more then that.
Hell i can kill summoners now and then but i always get low hp duo too the fact they are 2 charachters.
Even if i disable the cat for 30 seconds which a good summoner won't let me do, i already lost about 25% hp just to disable it.
I really hope they raise the skill cap and truely make the summoner a summoner (Using his pet to deal the damage, and defense on his own char)

9 minutes ago, Nexxa said:

Bawww! You have your wins handed to you. Poor baby. Roll a real class, goon. You and your accomplishments don't matter until you do.

I'm glad you replied Nexxa, because out of this whole forum almost all your post have been about " oh summoner op". I mean really if any of my crafting required salt or tears I could farm them off you in seconds.

and here's a fun fact, I've killed two people without the use of my "OP" pet. 

people that try to kill the cat are way easier than ones that try to kill me.

I do feel like summoner is kind of dry because the cat eats up so many skill slots.  the summoner itself only has less than half the skills of other classes, it's not very many.  so your only real input is "do I feel like bees or sunflowers today"

i was doing misty faction daily today.... i ignored the blue summoner from a different faction.... he then attacked me from the back....  i killed him first and then the cat...

i am a summoner as well....  

the cat can have 25k hp or 45k hp.  depends if you want the cat to have high deference/hp or piercing/low hp.....

40 minutes ago, Jixua said:

people that try to kill the cat are way easier than ones that try to kill me.

I do feel like summoner is kind of dry because the cat eats up so many skill slots.  the summoner itself only has less than half the skills of other classes, it's not very many.  so your only real input is "do I feel like bees or sunflowers today"

Sunflower is the reason why I go after Uranus ;) if I will go and try to kill cat you will have quite easy way to hit me whit sunflower.

3 hours ago, Nexxa said:

Bawww! You have your wins handed to you. Poor baby. Roll a real class, goon. You and your accomplishments don't matter until you do.

This is rich. If you guys dont understand that you gotta kill the cat, then the summoner (If you lose all your HP in the meantime, you're kinda, well, I don't know, idiotic), then you WIN. Just like that. With Summoner, you want to use your high defensive skills if you got any, any snare removals, shit like that. It's an easy fight if you do, and if you DON'T have any like that, then that just means that Summoner was clearly meant to counter your class, and that's just how life rolls.

NOW, onto the topic of OP's concern for summoner.

You like Summoner? Play it. Don't let anyone *cricket* you over with their hate speech, it means nothing. I understand that it sucks to be shit on, but they're just strangers. They're irrelevant at the end of the day, and if you truly enjoy Summoner you would just play it with no regrets and have fun. And remember... the saltier they get, the funnier it is.

Yours truly, a non-summoner player. (Only fought them 3 or 4 times)

PS: If you don't like what I said, you can deal with it. Well, at least until 50 cap, where the balance is a lot better.

Sure... play a summoner if you don't want your accomplishments to mean anything and are cool with getting laughed out of the room when you try and show the slightest bit of pride in your wins. Also glad to see you too, Chewma. How's middle school going, sport? Anyway I've said a few times now so I guess your classes aren't really doing much to help that reading comprehension... My issue is summoners having to put forth considerably less effort for their wins. Are they overpowered? I can't say one way or another but I am not a fan of one class having put forth so little effort compared to other classes. Can you, at least, see why that might bother me or are you going to just say 'Git gud' or 'u salty' like I'd expect from someone like you?

5 minutes ago, Insolis said:

This is rich. If you guys dont understand that you gotta kill the cat, then the summoner (If you lose all your HP in the meantime, you're kinda, well, I don't know, idiotic), then you WIN. Just like that. With Summoner, you want to use your high defensive skills if you got any, any snare removals, shit like that. It's an easy fight if you do, and if you DON'T have any like that, then that just means that Summoner was clearly meant to counter your class, and that's just how life rolls.

NOW, onto the topic of OP's concern for summoner.

You like Summoner? Play it. Don't let anyone *cricket* you over with their hate speech, it means nothing. I understand that it sucks to be shit on, but they're just strangers. They're irrelevant at the end of the day, and if you truly enjoy Summoner you would just play it with no regrets and have fun. And remember... the saltier they get, the funnier it is.

Yours truly, a non-summoner player. (Only fought them 3 or 4 times)

PS: If you don't like what I said, you can deal with it. Well, at least until 50 cap, where the balance is a lot better.

Yea right, killing the cat just means he will snare u for 7 secs and resummon it.

The thing about summoners is simply that all of their debuffs and escapes have like 6 sec duration with 8 sec cd which gives you a 2 second timeframe to burst or get out of range for the next snare. And also all escape skills are greyed out 50% of the time when the cat jumps me and i'm pretty sure that's a bug because i can't even trinket most of the time.

4 minutes ago, nSide said:

Yea right, killing the cat just means he will snare u for 7 secs and resummon it.

The thing about summoners is simply that all of their debuffs and escapes have like 6 sec duration with 8 sec cd which gives you a 2 second timeframe to burst or get out of range for the next snare. And also all escape skills are greyed out 50% of the time when the cat jumps me and i'm pretty sure that's a bug because i can't even trinket most of the time.

"You want to use your high defensive skills (to mitigate damage), any snare removals (because duh, they've got tons of em)."
So, double S helps a lot in this situation. A LOT. Use it.

plz read. Also, using i-frames helps. Like... tremendously.

EDIT: as for the trinket thing, I assume you mean tab? that's a grapple, if you put a point into your tab escape for something that doesn't allow phantom grip, grabbing or grappling, then you can escape it, I think? if you're a Blade Master/Dancer, you can put points into Flock of Blades as well for an escape from those, I don't know if other classes have options like that, but I think they might. 

Just now, Insolis said:

"You want to use your high defensive skills (to mitigate damage), any snare removals (because duh, they've got tons of em).

plz read. Also, using i-frames helps. Like... tremendously.

Iframes don't help against insta cast skills and it's not like they only have 1 skill you have to iframe, they have like 3 disable skills and their cat also has 2 or 3 disable skills, combine that with 5-6k sunflower crits while you're already getting hit for 1k each hit by the cat and by the time you can do something you're at 50%, even for sins it's literally only stealth stealth stealth because if you're not stealthed for even 5 seconds, you will die.

1 minute ago, nSide said:

Iframes don't help against insta cast skills and it's not like they only have 1 skill you have to iframe, they have like 3 disable skills and their cat also has 2 or 3 disable skills, combine that with 5-6k sunflower crits while you're already getting hit for 1k each hit by the cat and by the time you can do something you're at 50%, even for sins it's literally only stealth stealth stealth because if you're not stealthed for even 5 seconds, you will die.

I edited my post a bit, just for you.

Summoner requires low skill maybe, but at least it isn't Destroyer which requires no skill. If you want to brag about how much skill you have or whine about which class takes no skill, you better be at least platinum rank. I have seen less than 50 platinum+ players in the game on Old Man Cho server (which had a large queue for a while). It doesn't really matter what class takes what skill, it matters what you like to play. The only thing I have to add onto that is true balance. I would say every class is truly balanced in pvp aside from Destroyer. I would, however, say that Summoner is extremely OP for PvE due to the tanking, healing, dpsing, and ccing capabilities. I think Summoner has every class beat in ALMOST every aspect of PvE.

Archived