Regium Corvus In-game vs. Concept Art

MrRetro

1 hour ago, MrRetro said:

@Anna Ouch... I sure hope they aren't reading these posts.

Sure, I am complaining, but it's not just leggings. All of the outfits are missing some details (I think they're important for the overall feel of the outfit), and I think we're all missing out because of it.

@MrNiN So... She's a tsundere?

I missed this post awhile ago...er what the hell is a Tsundere? I gotta know.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Anna said:

@MrNiN Sorry, I love my cats too much. It'll be unfair for me to divide my love with anything else.

Its those damn Lyn, isn't it?  damn Cat-human  child hamster hybrid things.....always cat blocking me. ;-))

*muttering to self*..well maybe if I shrink...grow a tail, meh I'm 6' 2"...that a lot to shrink, still I do have big ears..you know what they say about guys with big ears...big ears... big head. *looks around* ...ok now your just being dirty pervs.

Anna..I still love you.....And you know, if you hear people talking about restraining orders and that kinda crazy stuff it's not really true per say ....I just got a lot of misunderstandings...

I don't know, maybe I went too far. na hell with it post it see what happens.

11 minutes ago, MrNiN said:

Its all good man, not everyone is just down with talking about stuff for the sake of talking. Some people don't like anyone talking about it unless it can be changed which is kind of silly, because honestly, what does it hurt to discuss? Then others , if they believe you incorrect, need to put you in your place, as they see it. none of it really matters...I mean jeez we are 3 pages deep on a pretty light topic.
*snip* - MrRetro
I know right, holy crap a actual post from me that wasn't laced with goof ball weirdness....I'm loosing my touch.

No, thank you for your input! (and for helping keep this alive, mwahahaha!) I rather appreciate your goofball weirdness. :D

Honestly, because it's not some huge, game-changing thing (but is still pretty meaningful, I think), I hope that will encourage them to do something about it. Small things can make a big difference.

5 minutes ago, MrNiN said:

I missed this post awhile ago...er what the hell is a Tsundere? I gotta know.

Here is the TVTropes page on tsundere.

4 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

No, thank you for your input! (and for helping keep this alive, mwahahaha!) I rather appreciate your goofball weirdness. :D

Honestly, because it's not some huge, game-changing thing (but is still pretty meaningful, I think), I hope that will encourage them to do something about it. Small things can make a big difference.

Here is the TVTropes page on tsundere.

So its what? basically Japanese "anime" for bipolar disorder? yeah that's her in a nut shell...emphasis on nut.*sings* "hey your crazy Bit** but you &*&9 so good I'm on top of it.....*trails off under the divine judgement of the forum CoC* 

9 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

@MrNiN I believe it is not account-wide. Which is actually a related, but different, complaint that I've seen. (it'd be a bit off-topic to discuss it, though ^^)

Don't need to discuss it, in detail. I was just wondering why when I the spin, the progress is spread to all my characters. We don't get a different Daily Dash for each character.

but just a yes or no, for if we can get the outfit on more then one character is fine.

8 minutes ago, Anna said:

@MrNiN No, real life cats. LOL.

So lots of real life *cricket*...cats...gotcha *wink*

Oh damn did I just write that? bad hands...you vulgar keyboard expressive fiends.

Ok that time I may have actually crossed some lines...seriously I hope not.  But I still can't seem to use backspace.

@MrNiN Sorry if that wasn't clear, I think you only get one outfit for one character.

I'll be hopping off the forums for the night, I think. I'll try to get to any comments tomorrow, though.

Please continue to post your thoughts on how the Regium Corvus turned out! I hope, if enough people express their (at least mild) disappointment, that NCSoft might at least give us a response. (...and please try to stay on topic.) :P

Man if you're upset about this, then you should've seen Irelia Concept Vs Actualization.   To be honest I found the contest winner a bit boring compared to the other entries. I think people were focusing too much on details that really didnt matter and wouldnt make it into the game.  I wouldn't mind thigh highs on the gon costume though. But it does make more sense to just have a costume thats the same for each race in this case because its only for US / EU. Not to mention we also get bamboo so .... ya be glad we got all this stuff and hope they give us more.%253F_render_final.jpg

5 hours ago, TheFoxBox said:

Man if you're upset about this, then you should've seen Irelia Concept Vs Actualization.   To be honest I found the contest winner a bit boring compared to the other entries. I think people were focusing too much on details that really didnt matter and wouldnt make it into the game.  I wouldn't mind thigh highs on the gon costume though. But it does make more sense to just have a costume thats the same for each race in this case because its only for US / EU. Not to mention we also get bamboo so .... ya be glad we got all this stuff and hope they give us more.

Not that I know all that much about modelling, but I seriously doubt that the things missing are really that difficult to implement. As for it being just for NA/EU, we really don't know what they'll do with it. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the outfit "Transcendence" (one of them available to players who bought the highest tier of Founder's Pack) was actually a commemorative outfit for players who reached a certain point in the CN beta. Yet we still got it. That is one beautiful outfit, and I would've hoped to see the same care put into our commemorative outfit.

personal opinion i do wish they would have stuck to the art...mostly cause i like the way the outfit for the lyn looks in the art better, i like the thing the lyn has hanging from her side, rather than it being frilly its straight and looks more like a windchime which i honestly like better, the tights/leggings i think look better than bare legs it think it adds more and makes the outfit look alot nicer. idk how the artist feels or why ncsoft decided to change it, i do feel there is no harm in suggesting to ncsoft if they could see about going over the design and incorporating all aspects of the art into the game ....however i think they will overlook it, but hey no harm in suggesting right? i like both versions of the outfit i happen to way it looked more so in the art but i'll accept either outcome im grateful for the outfit in fact its one of my favorites in the game and im dying to get it (that daily dash is killing me i keep rolling 2s >_<) its a great costume for the lyn race along with some others 

On 1/30/2016 at 2:21 AM, MrRetro said:

@Anna Surely you don't think he must protest that way? We've brought it up in the official forums, and are asking for a change. There's no reason to do that (at this point, and probably not ever).

Nope, this is the internet we have to be extreme.

@OP I feel u.  The outfit looks so unfinished from the thighs down. :T

I REALLY wish I had those leggings for my lyn. >.<

On 1/30/2016 at 10:50 PM, MrRetro said:

- no race has the proper legwear (!)

- Jin and Yun have the same neckline as Gon (!)

- Lyn have the same decoration hanging from their waist as the other races

- Yun are missing one of the decorations at their waist

- Jin and Yun have the same exact boots as Gon (they are slightly different than Gon boots, I think)

Well no one is going to take this thread seriously seeing as how drastically off topic it was. I was just checking to see if anyone else complained about this already and lo! Here's a thread for it. I guess not many people cared though.

I was so excited when I finished the bingo board but as soon as I tried it on?
"Wtf no tights???"

I immediately put it in my wardrobe and never looked back.

NCSoft, plz. This is a slap in the face to the artist.

Well, it's fairly obvious that they tried to cut corners and basically gave everyone the Gon version except for the Lyn, who wouldn't really fit with that design. 

The two things I'm sad they skipped are the leggings (why? They complemented the outfit so well in all cases) and that white 'undershirt' piece on the Jin version.

I happen to like both the original and the in game version for the lyn. I can understand from a graphic design standpoint why things needed to change.  But I can also see the the artist being upset. 

However since so many costumes for the lyn are just ugly I.E the stinger outfit. I am pleased with this outfit 

1 hour ago, tetsuo123 said:

I don't really care about the concept art, it looks good enough to me certainly a lot better then the EU costume we got so could we pls get it too?

This i would be very happy if we got this costume in EU ours looks way worse

The concept art costume looks much better.

Some of the responses here are pretty funny, when something is censored you see people up in arms because the publisher is not respecting the source, but no one bats an eye when it's the opposite.

Archived