Regium Corvus In-game vs. Concept Art

MrRetro

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BestWaifu said:

I like the legging/pants concept more tbh.

But I can't take your complaint seriously, even TERA outfit contest winners they said the design in game might be altered.

Me also being a artist, if I design a costume, and win the contest I entered it in, and even if they made changes to its look in game, I'd still be grateful they even chose my design and that other people can wear it all.

Unless the original designer is upset about the changes I just see this as being whiney.

Thank you! Someone gets it.

1 minute ago, Gargamellow said:

You seem really bothered by what people deem disrespectful to the artist.

You seem like you don't understand that alternations between concept arts and actual production are usually made.

1 minute ago, BestWaifu said:

Unless the original designer is upset about the changes I just see this as being whiney.

Well, I'm sorry it seems that way. It's a special outfit marking the launch of BnS in NA (that many of us have waited for for years), and the concept art is really great. Regardless of whether NCSoft said there might be changes or whether the artist is disappointed enough to complain, this is disappointing to me.

1 minute ago, MrRetro said:

Well, I'm sorry it seems that way. It's a special outfit marking the launch of BnS in NA (that many of us have waited for for years), and the concept art is really great. Regardless of whether NCSoft said there might be changes or whether the artist is disappointed enough to complain, this is disappointing to me.

That's valid enough, but this topic is generating way more interest then I would have thought.

Seriously the in game females that wear the outfits would not talk this much about it...actually they would probably ask for some actual pants and express a desire to not have their players oogle them. Or they would get jobs at specific dance venues.

@MrNiN XD The in-game females presumably wouldn't know anything as fourth-wall-breaking as the fact a contest was held to design a costume to be implemented as a launch commemoration, or that said implementation was different from the winning concept art.

@Anna Ouch... I sure hope they aren't reading these posts.

Sure, I am complaining, but it's not just leggings. All of the outfits are missing some details (I think they're important for the overall feel of the outfit), and I think we're all missing out because of it.

@MrNiN So... She's a tsundere?

11 minutes ago, Anna said:

@MrRetro Pretty sure in-game females think you're just being whiny because you're complaining about the lack of virtual leggings on one outfit.

Anna...are you single? More importantly not a dude with a girls name?

I bet your single....Anna .....I love you.....*waiting* Um would you like to say anything back.....Sure you take the best years of my gaming life, and then just nothing.

Na I'm kidding....but I bet your in game character just thinks your being whiny about people having ideas for an outfit!!! Boooyaaa!!! Ohhhh....snap!!!....  ;-O

@MrNiN Please don't be too mean. (^^;

I hope this can stay a more or less "nice" discussion, and people probably are tired of all of the complaint threads on the forums right now. Sorry to add to the pile, but, again, I'd love to see this corrected.

1 minute ago, MrRetro said:

I hope this can stay a more or less "nice" discussion, and people probably are tired of all of the complaint threads on the forums right now. Sorry to add to the pile, but, again, I'd love to see this corrected.

Agreed. c:

18 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

What a buzz kill...jeeez people. I wasn't being mean. Most of my posts get littered with goofy nonsense and have a point buried in there somewhere. I do that to let people know I'm just trying to have fun while I talk with all of you. I don't mean nothing by it. I'm sure she is a wonderful lovely individual. S**t tough crowd.
I don't think I am hilarious, but I am kind of a goofball. Keeps me from raging like a lot of others do. meh Just keeping it light everyone, just keeping it light.

5 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

@MrNiN *whispering* That doesn't mean I didn't think it was kind of funny. ;)

*wink* *whispering* I know, because I am hilarious...*running man dance*

*whispering* I also have ADD...which makes me a lot cooler then most people.....*shaking head* not really.

9 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

@MrNiN Not that isn't an, err, "benefit" of the current outfits, I think I'd rather have the elegance and, I guess, mystery (?) of the original design. :P

keep your mystery fuddy duddy.....booyaa...while your looking for clues I'll be discovering the hidden treasure

That's right.. they call me Indiana Bones ..eh Jones....*remember the CoC stuff, keep it PG self*

I actually got into hot water a few minates ago, wife and I had a misunderstanding about that getting the leggings off on our "date" comment. Jeez I actually started to snicker..couldn't help it, the whole thing was just too damn funny. Me cheating on her with a video game anime character.....well I wonder....meh na, science isn't that far along yet...*wink*

Note to self, put bell on office door.

8 minutes ago, MrNiN said:

I actually got into hot water a few minates ago, wife and I had a misunderstanding about that getting the leggings off on our "date" comment. Jeez I actually started to snicker..couldn't help it, the whole thing was just too damn funny.

*snicker snicker* That's hilar--*cough* I mean unfortunate. >_>

But, sometimes, we must make sacrifices for progress, like openly talking about how an in-game character isn't properly wearing leggings (or thigh-highs).

8 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

*snicker snicker* That's hilar--*cough* I mean unfortunate. >_>

But, sometimes, we must make sacrifices for progress, like openly talking about how an in-game character isn't properly wearing leggings (or thigh-highs).

I actually put her comments in the thread before the last...its to delicious to not read....I'm still snickering about....and my wife is giving me the evil eye, as she is watching what I type...say hello honey....look your a star....now sheeeehsdihb is gr....trying toalsdkkj to keep me htge from send ing

All that jibberish is the wife trying to keep me from sending the post....she loves me....*she is shaking her head no*

- "My virtual character doesn't have tight leggings like the art of the outfit, for sure this is NCSoft being overly sexist and I'm going to complain in the forums, because it's a very important topic to talk about and it must be changed. Also I'm sure they will change it because I whine on the forums, they're a big company and can't take the risk of modifying an outfit to fit the graphic style of the game." -

Does it affect gameplay? Does it ruin the player experience?

If the answer to at least one of those is "no", then it's not going to change. Even if it's a yes it's probabbly not going to change.. it's NCSoft, you know..

@Vinter Please don't misunderstand me. For one, I certainly didn't say anything about it being "sexist." It's also not just leggings that are missing. As I pointed out in my original post, ALL of the female race are missing legwear of various kinds from this outfit, and three of them have identical outfits. Does it "ruin" my player experience? Well, I'm certainly not going to quit over it, but it does take away from the variety and (I think) beauty of the game. I also think it's a bit of a disservice to a special outfit meant to commemorate this game's launch. I would've liked to have seen a lot of love and effort put in, and this strikes me as unfortunate, or (at worst) disingenuous.

Who knows? Maybe it was a mistake? At the very least, I wanted to know if others had noticed this and if they had any thoughts. If enough people feel this needs changing, then maybe we can at least get a response from NCSoft. I'm a bit of of an optimist, sorry. :)

Edit: @MrNiN Gratz on finishing your Daily Dash!

15 minutes ago, MrRetro said:

@Vinter Please don't misunderstand me. For one, I certainly didn't say anything about it being "sexist." It's also not just leggings that are missing. As I pointed out in my original post, ALL of the female race are missing legwear of various kinds from this outfit, and three of them have identical outfits. Does it "ruin" my player experience? Well, I'm certainly not going to quit over it, but it does take away from the variety and (I think) beauty of the game. I also think it's a bit of a disservice to a special outfit meant to commemorate this game's launch. I would've liked to have seen a lot of love and effort put in, and this strikes me as unfortunate, or (at worst) disingenuous.

Who knows? Maybe it was a mistake? At the very least, I wanted to know if others had noticed this and if they had any thoughts. If enough people feel this needs changing, then maybe we can at least get a response from NCSoft. I'm a bit of of an optimist, sorry. :)

Edit: @MrNiN Gratz on finishing your Daily Dash!

Its all good man, not everyone is just down with talking about stuff for the sake of talking. Some people don't like anyone talking about it unless it can be changed which is kind of silly, because honestly, what does it hurt to discuss? Then others , if they believe you incorrect, need to put you in your place, as they see it. none of it really matters...I mean jeez we are 3 pages deep on a pretty light topic.

They can change it or not change it....make no difference to me originals were better, but I won't enjoy the game less.

The Outfit should have been something a bit more relatable to the events from the beginning of the game in my opinion anyway. But its all good. I like anime, but more of the Tenchu, Ninja Scroll...more edgy.... Less Sailor Moon. *shrug* that's just me though.

I know right, holy crap a actual post from me that wasn't laced with goof ball weirdness....I'm loosing my touch.

Archived