I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

if you guys keep support a company that give a poor service dont come complain!

you really expect for beter when you pay for shit.

i decided to wait warlock and see if i donate or no and all NCSOFT do is tell me NO NEVER DONATE

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of Archeage, those were some good old days.

Excellent drama, this game is so much better.

Anyway why don't u kids find a job? Then u don't have to worry 'bout downtime.

Having a break now, coming home in 2 hours i'm sure downtime will be done, people complain bout the littest things.

I think this is not really unreasonable, seeing we most people here live in the EU, while the American 'uberrace' *sarcastic*  keep scheduling maintenance during night time (NA), meaning EU day time.

While for us, the EU, they could easily schedule it separately and do it during the American working hours, not bothering 95% of all the EU players with  taking the servers offline for long periods of time.

Doing it in this way is their chose, and thanks to that I already couldnt play this game two times this week, so why advertise for 30 days premium, while many people are unable to play those 30 days thanks to downtime, so one or 2 days of compensation isnt to much to ask for paying players.

Also to react on one of the first posts, where someone talk about long queue's, why??? premium members have an almost instant login, skipping thousands of bots.

This thread actually reminds me.. back when we were playing Aion with subscription, everyone was fine and familiar with maintenance of servers. When NCSoft passed the game to Gameforge, freeloaders from private servers came to officials ofc. And for that one time they had to pay to buy the game prior to company change in order to get their patron status, they were acting like pimps.. Who the heck do u think u are dude, u think u threaten anyone by saying u'll quit? Do us the favor and do so.

4 hours ago, Fadedine said:

This is ridiculous. The servers are constantly crashing or being taken down for maintenance. I haven't been able to play at least half the nights I've tried so far.

Two maintenance in one week? 5.5 hours tonight to add some EU servers and a spam filter? You gotta be kidding me. Why did I pay for a founders pack and premium access to not be able to play the game. This is the last time I give NCsoft money.  

/rant over

This must be your first time playing a launch MMO. Even subscription based MMO's don't give you free time for maintenance. It is in the EULA. Deal with it you special snowflake. lol

The game just launched... so durrrrrrrrr they are going to have to fix things from time to time...

Would rather them fix everything than to never do maint and let the game turn to mush...

Have fun don't let the door hit you on the way out!! BUH BYE!

i Bet most of people who says good bye and defending this isnt from europe whos maint time is in a day time .......... while their maint is at late mornings .talk about being unreasonable.... i want to seee forum flood when they will get daytime maint and after it u can play game at night lol. example for me it isnt 5 hour maint but whole  day becouse  at night people sleep ... dont even start with EU server connection problems most of the time(servers down) and other crap ...... while NA enjoys their sweet time .So NA please dont insult us as being priviliged snow flakes its just sometimes patience runs out

12 hours ago, Nickilli said:

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

Regardless, customer satisfaction trumps everything, so it would make almost too much sense to grant premium members an extension as a show of appreciation. That would go a long way in maintaining people's perception of the company. 

I've also been playing MMORPGs since UO, so there really isn't any entitlement here. 

13 hours ago, Fadedine said:

This is ridiculous. The servers are constantly crashing or being taken down for maintenance. I haven't been able to play at least half the nights I've tried so far.

Two maintenance in one week? 5.5 hours tonight to add some EU servers and a spam filter? You gotta be kidding me. Why did I pay for a founders pack and premium access to not be able to play the game. This is the last time I give NCsoft money.  

/rant over

I would have to agree with you on this matter.
In whatever issues you have IRL with customer service/ disrupts in services or anything of the sorts, you get refunds/discounts or extra stuff for a limited time.
What I really cannot understand is why in every gaming community people close their eyes when they are obviously being ripped off and furthermore even support this sort of behavior from the providers.
It all comes down to the fact that whenever a company that has a monopoly over a certain product, in this case of BnS for EU and NA, they can basically do whatever they want because people will be coming back to them if they want to play this game.

10 hours ago, AlterNatiVe said:

i Bet most of people who says good bye and defending this isnt from europe whos maint time is in a day time .......... while their maint is at late mornings .talk about being unreasonable.... i want to seee forum flood when they will get daytime maint and after it u can play game at night lol. example for me it isnt 5 hour maint but whole  day becouse  at night people sleep ... dont even start with EU server connection problems most of the time(servers down) and other crap ...... while NA enjoys their sweet time .So NA please dont insult us as being priviliged snow flakes its just sometimes patience runs out

Proving you wrong, I'm a resident of the Netherlands. However, I do have previous experience of NCSoft maintenance in Aion (before it was passed to Gameforge), maintenance in WoW by Blizzard etc.
1. If the time is what annoys you, then let me ask you this: What time do you get back from work? At least in West Europe, most of us come back home between 4 and 6. So we do play during afternoon hours. Same happens with students. How are morning hours busy? Last time I checked, at 11 o clock in the morning I had to use cross server party finder to do my lvl 36 instance. The time is not optimal for a MINORITY. That minority's majority is here in the forums complaining. :)
2. It is something upon which we agreed when we accepted the EULA.
3. Servers are located in Germany, so it makes sense if they do the maintenance during the times when their employees are fully available, in case anything goes wrong.

4. Stop jumping into conclusions about the real life of people who happen to have a different opinion or perspective than yours. Yes, we are residents of EU. We still disagree with you tho.

5. It is a game 2 weeks after EU release. It is only reasonable if there are things to be fixed, adjusted, added etc.

6. If it is your money you worry about, let me give you this simple advice. In your next MMO, do not invest money during the first month.

So someone buy 3 years of prem time? Who cares? It is him thing. Yes, maintience in half of day is for me as EU player horrible (but overal i understand)! Some manager just have shit instead of brain. Patches that are more breaking than repairing? Beta running better than of. relase? Block chat to 11lvl as a gold spammers prevention? LOL. Whit all this what happening (and much more) i must say: I dont think NCSOFT have bad programers, bud managers of development are just idiots. If i will development me software like this, i die.

On 29/01/2016 at 10:38 AM, Novastar said:

You sound pretty entitled. Be happy they are trying to fix stuff. Is this yer first MMO?

He is in fact entitled to getting premium time back. He is a paying customer. He paid for something. The least he can do is expect he gets what he paid for. The problem with NCSoft is that there is barely any feedback. I had to browse the forums for a while to even know the game had been in maintenance when I tried to log in. It's like they don't even bother.

If you and other people would stop all the White Knighting bullshit and actually demanded your rights as a customer, companies like NCSoft would need to step it up.

1 minute ago, Aellitus said:

He is in fact entitled to getting premium. He is a paying customer. He paid for something. The least he can do is expect he gets what he paid for. The problem with NCSoft is that there is barely any feedback. I had to browse the forums for a while to even know the game had been in maintenance when I tried to log in. It's like they don't even bother.

If you and other people would stop all the White Knighting bullshit and actually demanded your rights as a customer, companies like NCSoft would need to step it up.

I agree. Never defending bad service by excuses and fighting back.

On 1/29/2016 at 6:22 AM, Andunye said:

As soon as you get a job you will get to know the work model nowadays. It's called flexitime and as employee, you are allowed to shift your work time as you like as long as you get your stuff done. Not even talking about trusted flexitime. Oh, and I have over 3 weeks of overhour, that's why my company wishes me to cut fridays to half a day which is much better for them than me taking 3 weeks vacation.

I have a job most U.S. companies do not have flex time in fact in all my 29 years of working no job I've had has flex time the Eu is better about giving employees time off though I'll admit that

Archived