Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole belief that the bot players must be premium is probably a fallacy and if they are THIS won't be the reason they aren't being blocked/banned

bottom line NONE of the other launches of the game had this insane issue with spam and bots so they did something stupid and figured it wouldn't happen (even though IT has happened with every game without safe guards to prevent it here in the west just it is WAY worse this time)

I think some of the botters have also found a way to get "below" the world and are using cheats to get to the nodes and such (watched one guy swimming just below the ground one day who then vanished)

3 minutes ago, MangoHam said:

They just have to put up a claim on paypal and ncsoft gets pretty forced to either refund or fix it.

NCsoft can easily provide proof of such accounts breaking their game policies and botters will loose the money. They can only win such a case if they can proof they were banned without justification.

11 hours ago, Perhilion said:

They are using proxies and VPN so the IP ban does not work.

The NCSoft are actually banning people all the time who use WTFast or have highly dynamic IP for "Suspicious behaviour".

That has not slowed down these bots.

Proxy use is something that should be getting blocked either at launch screen, or when the hack prevention security starts to run. There are websites and internet security programs that block proxies, so it's not exactly that hard. 

Okay....

4 hours of maintenance and the biggest improvement is a fail.....

stopping the goldspammers didn't work at all and won't work until you (NCsoft) actually grab this bull by the horns and deal with it.

Simple stated facts,

we can have simple solutions.... 

like make it impossible for 1 person to repeat the same thing more then twice in any channel.

dragon spire should have a repeat of 10 times once a min and after that a cooldown for like 30 min

also make a consecutive dungeon run limit so bots can't enter the same one over and over again.

Next, a bigger problem is the spammer that doesn't have a char standing there and spamming but direct acces to the chat.

I am absolutely no computer tech but, i feel like somehow someone found a backdoor to the servers and is exploiting this, what does this mean for the rest of the data in this server? is this available to the spammers as well ? 

NC soft my suggestion is: Hire some freelancers to look into this problem it is a 1 time spending, or maybe some people here on the forums can volunteer to address the problem for you, i am sure some tech guys/gals that are playing can do it, 

NCSOFT REMOVE THE GOLDSPAMMERS/BOTS ASAP

5 minutes ago, Moucey said:

Okay....

4 hours of maintenance and the biggest improvement is a fail.....

stopping the goldspammers didn't work at all and won't work until you (NCsoft) actually grab this bull by the horns and deal with it.

Simple stated facts,

we can have simple solutions.... 

like make it impossible for 1 person to repeat the same thing more then twice in any channel.

dragon spire should have a repeat of 10 times once a min and after that a cooldown for like 30 min

also make a consecutive dungeon run limit so bots can't enter the same one over and over again.

Next, a bigger problem is the spammer that doesn't have a char standing there and spamming but direct acces to the chat.

I am absolutely no computer tech but, i feel like somehow someone found a backdoor to the servers and is exploiting this, what does this mean for the rest of the data in this server? is this available to the spammers as well ? 

NC soft my suggestion is: Hire some freelancers to look into this problem it is a 1 time spending, or maybe some people here on the forums can volunteer to address the problem for you, i am sure some tech guys/gals that are playing can do it, 

NCSOFT REMOVE THE GOLDSPAMMERS/BOTS ASAP

wont work, why?

1. those bot i saw, after every message, they put a word with 4 letters random generated

2. they change name everyminute and bypass the client, dont even have to create a character to spam => they dont have to pay anything to spam

we simply have the most useless publisher and targeted by those most annoying type of bot

mNQcHPQ.jpg

Why the hell I do I receive a voiced message "failed to block target" and a text saying "subject was not found" when trying to report and block a gold spammer?

I know I can create another tab blocking region and faction, but I usually like to talk to people there, so it's been ruining some of my game experience...

now, almost no one talks in region/ faction anymore, thanks to these suckers. 

btw, Gameguard sucks balls.

Today was the worst, every single chat channel was spammed by gold sellers.  One of them even had a website as their name and when I tried to block them it said I couldn't.

I've uninstalled, I will checked back March to see if NCSoft has hired competent staff by then to deal with this issue.

I would be very ashamed to be in charge of the NA release and openly let this carry on for so long, dunno how people manage to keep their jobs when they fail at them so hard.

2 minutes ago, Jowjow said:

What do you mean not real characters? they're just like the voices in my head then?

Yeah, constantly chanting "gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh, gimme yo monneh"

Till they finally succeed at brainwashing you and you give them yo monneh.

Archived