Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

So today I noticed the patch and I though "wheeeyyyyy" no more ridiculous spamming, but then it happened the high pace chat flooding spam "THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH" came back with a vengeance. The thing is every chat now is unusable, the chat spam is faster than ever with the assailants now unblock able. I suggest maybe putting a real harsh lay down on the chat spamming I.E, The faction chat cant be used until a certain chapter in the main quest, not level since these spammers will most likely be botting too. Expanding our block list capacity would be a real bonus to help us combat our sanities as well as freeing up the chat. maybe a timer in between each time you type something and press enter in certain chats will restrict the rate of spamming used.. although the con is they could just create more bots to advertise their utter crap.  another option is too possibly make an item exclusively to the faction chat which have to be bought with faction tokens or something so you can actually use F-chat and that each area has a different item to buy according to the level I.E Viridian, cinderlands and moonwater. the con is of this, is that players wont like the fact they have to grind for something just to chat to their friends. So far I love the game and have no complaints but the constant spamming, I guess everyone hhas this issue. also recently I noticed the F3 and f4 functiosn are bugged and do not work.

my rant is over ty BNS!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings everyone, we wanted to provide a quick update. We recently deployed a hotfix to address the issue where some players were unable to be blocked. Please restart the client for these changes to take place.

I wonder, can you guys do something about the block list size? I mean, 50 are not enough. Or is it too complicated to code to let us have, lets say... I dont know, 200 Block slots? D:

3 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

lol. Why is ncsoft not saying anything about how bots got around level restrictions and are keep spamming?

It would be irresponsible of them to talk about that... If they did than it would tell us exactly how their anti-spamming system works and when they make changes that work, than knowing how it works gives the gold spammers an easier time bypassing it.

1 minute ago, DarkJ said:

It would be irresponsible of them to talk about that... If they did than it would tell us exactly how their anti-spamming system works and when they make changes that work, than knowing how it works gives the gold spammers an easier time bypassing it.

First of all, their anti-spamming system did not work.  Secondly what I meant to say is they need to admit that they failed to block spam bots, apologize, and give time table to us players on when a working fix will be implemented.

7 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

lol. Why is ncsoft not saying anything about how bots got around level restrictions and are keep spamming?

That means they are bypassing launcher and gameguard.Old way for boxers  to launch many instances of the same game .

2 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

First of all, their anti-spamming system did not work.  Secondly what I meant to say is they need to admit that they failed to block spam bots, apologize, and give time table to us players on when a working fix will be implemented.

I agree with you.

8 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings everyone, we wanted to provide a quick update. We recently deployed a hotfix to address the issue where some players were unable to be blocked. Please restart the client for these changes to take place.

Atm the goldsellers break your chat limit and come back to see a massive spam on faction chat. Ncsoft can't learn the other experience with golsellers on your other games, for example Lineage 2. Is too sad the game experience.... this game have a bot infestation.

4 minutes ago, Dowra said:

I wanted a chat size increase for roleplaying... LOL, yah right.  Good luck trying to communicate at all, let alone roleplay, at the moment.

technically area chats wouldn't and shouldn't be RP anyway (not sure about you but I can't yell and be heard several miles away)

having said that I really want to be able to turn on ONE of the global chats one day

1 hour ago, GnatB said:

Really needs regex.

"\. *[cC] *[oO0] *[mM]"

and why not

"[wW] *[wW] *[wW]"

while they're at it.

If there's a hit, the message is silently muted.

This.  I really don't think there's a good long-term solution (short of a complete redesign of the economy) that doesn't involve a user-customizable client-side inbound chat filter.

Is it reasonable to expect the average user to be able to wrangle regex-based chat filters?  Of course not, but they can always share them, and more savvy users can help others.  This is good for the community.

Is it a one-time fix?  No, of course not... the filters need to keep changing as the spam does.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to periodically push new default filters, but the point is that if a player has a problem, they have the tools to fix it themselves, without negatively impacting anyone else, and without having to wait the time it takes for a patch to make its way through the design and QA processes(which cannot possibly be agile enough to keep up with the bot scum).

Does it allow your most dedicated players to enjoy the game and use the chat how it's meant to be used?  Yes.  Yes it does.

On 1/26/2016 at 4:54 PM, LuckyAbrams said:

No longer an option on Old Man Cho. Faction, Region, Party Finder, Arena chats, are all spam infested. Only chat I have open now is Clan chat. It's a very sad state at the moment.

Ya I have noticed this now too of course. Literally all chat is destroyed with bots except for guild. I really hope this doesn't fall like Archage.

God this goldselling spam is so out of control it's ridiculous and embaressing for Ncsoft imo.  The argument that other games have gold sellers is dumb, I don't care I'm not playing another game I'm playing BNS.  People can't even communicate using faction anymore, arena chat has them and dungeon too.  NCSoft said they weren't going to screw around and were greatful for all the support, I'm waiting to see it.  I love this game but I'm glad I've had second thoughts about buying the year long sub now because stuff like this is going to shorten the lifespan by a lot if it doesn't get addressed.

1 hour ago, MrxCash26 said:

So today I noticed the patch and I though "wheeeyyyyy" no more ridiculous spamming, but then it happened the high pace chat flooding spam "THAT WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH" came back with a vengeance. The thing is every chat now is unusable, the chat spam is faster than ever with the assailants now unblock able. I suggest maybe putting a real harsh lay down on the chat spamming I.E, The faction chat cant be used until a certain chapter in the main quest, not level since these spammers will most likely be botting too. Expanding our block list capacity would be a real bonus to help us combat our sanities as well as freeing up the chat. maybe a timer in between each time you type something and press enter in certain chats will restrict the rate of spamming used.. although the con is they could just create more bots to advertise their utter crap.  another option is too possibly make an item exclusively to the faction chat which have to be bought with faction tokens or something so you can actually use F-chat and that each area has a different item to buy according to the level I.E Viridian, cinderlands and moonwater. the con is of this, is that players wont like the fact they have to grind for something just to chat to their friends. So far I love the game and have no complaints but the constant spamming, I guess everyone hhas this issue. also recently I noticed the F3 and f4 functiosn are bugged and do not work.

my rant is over ty BNS!

You know...I fairly like that idea (if it would put bots in their place) to have x-quest to complete in order to use chat function or rather even x-quest(s) to use every bit of it.

1 minute ago, BaeofVengenace said:

You know...I fairly like that idea (if it would put bots in their place) to have x-quest to complete in order to use chat function or rather even x-quest(s) to use every bit of it.

well I think it would help the spam reduce greatly if an item was implemented to use the aera and faction chats like a zone horn or something like that in each area. and a blur or red horn for faction etc

Archived