Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, iokunn said:

Guys just hit right click on the chat tab option then uncheck the region and dragon spite option and u will be fine.

Faction chat --> full with spammers

Dragon spite --> full with spammers

Region chat --> thank god they didn't reached the end game regions..... 

Sure we can uncheck Faction and Dragon spite, but for how long..? Its not a perma solution, and knowing from Aion (NA), if spammers are going wild in the first week then no "solution" will be enough. Many people actually need both these chats, we can't hide them forever. Plus now spammers are going crazy, they're even trying to invite ppl to spam us. In Aion they even pm you. I can already tell you what "solution" they will add: Increase block cap and empty your block list in every maintanance. Guess what, it didn't worked for Aion. Yes, we did had fewer spammers for a short period of time, but not only it was buggy (many players didn't got their block list cleared and had to submit a ticket wait in the line for a fix or wait til lthe next maint. to only find out  that again their list isnt clear etc etc etc) but they gave up on this "solution" in less than a month. And ofc spammers and bots were and still are in game.

Turning of chats is not an actual fix. People turn off region chats...so we move to faction chat..which gets turned off..so we move to party invite chat...which people will turn off.

In the end they will probably start whispering people.

Really, I would even prefer some not-so-user-friendly quick fixes like no region and/or faction chat stuff before lvl xx. I mean, it's not like those channels are of any use right now anyways.

And if we would have an option to blacklist certain words, then the words will change (gold -> g o l d -> g-o-l-d -> g.o.l.d. -> g0ld -> g=o=l=d). And if we would be able to make some super clever regex filter, well, then so can they.  So yeah. It needs to be fixed on their side. Similar to how blocking them is pointless and a nuisance to do now.

Why???

Why have a 50 max. block list?? Unlock the limit.

Why have 100 bots spamming 24/7?? Clean faction chat anyway.

It is easier to masturbate and I learned to do it 10 years.

Thanks.

PD: I do not think anyone will be offended, because this game has minimum age.

1 minute ago, Eves said:

i linked the Bns Twitter account, it was a answer to YoruHYan... just follow twitter...

hmm we will see them in the near future if they do anything, 
what they sould really do is to assign some of their GM to do real time bans. Why do we even have GM's when they are rarely in game. the actual role of those guys well in the older games was to be around online regularly not almost never 

7 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

Dudesons you obviously get friends during a party or anywhere in the map without a few chats... I'm just trying to help and all I get is bitching.

You're not helping the cause. In fact your instigating foolishness on the forums with that last comment.

I happen to think he's right, and many others do as well. You are entitled to your opinion, but don't ruin his thread because you don't agree.

1 hour ago, Artillis said:

This is a problem in nearly ALL MMO's.  Even the big name ones haven't been able to cure it completely, only slow it down.

The only true way for it to stop is if NO ONE buys from them ever.  No buyer, means no market, which mean waste of time for seller and they will move on to were they can make money.

At least they try to slow them down. What has ncwest done? 5 new spambots come out every minute.

And the people saying to just ignore it, stop. Your solution isn't smart and neither are you. This is the reason why we have such long queues. If nc thinks it's fine to ignore the bots, then nothing is gonna change with the queue.

I was sure that should bring some Admins/GM and everyone's attention...

Can GMs show some activity? recruit moderator? Give players bigger block list isn't a solution bots-gold spammer count grows by x2 every day...

Windscourchat:

image.png

image.png

Its the same MSG all the, same IP probably and same location probably... for start just bring GM time to time online to ban those trashholders.... and meanwhile build some solution...

image.png

image.png

another great solution  Be able to use any kind of chat after level 15...  yes it wont be noob friendly but it will be a pain for the spam bot developers . also  remove the damn gameguard I know this program for years and years and EVERYONE knows its just for show 

My block-list just became full..I tried unblocking some older ones..not that you can tell cause all the names are just random letters or there isn't any block date indicator..Well..it didn't work out so well cause I had to reblock them a few seconds afterwards..

2 minutes ago, Sir Useless said:

another great solution  Be able to use any kind of chat after level 15...  yes it wont be noob friendly but it will be a pain for the spam bot developers . also  remove the damn gameguard I know this program for years and years and EVERYONE knows its just for show 

And you think its a problem to level them up to 15 or even 45? Most spammers actually are using bots to grind gold, its not a problem to level up, trust me.

1 minute ago, Chesnya said:

BnS acknowledged that they would be pushing a "fix" to combat these bots in the next update

and when is this next update? 3 months, 4 months? 9 months? I'm not willing to wait that long. I'm already losing the interest in the game and it hasn't even been a week. Overnight the faction chat turned from fun to "hey I'd rather quit this game and send a claim on paypal to get my money back".

Just now, MangoHam said:

and when is this next update? 3 months, 4 months? 9 months? I'm not willing to wait that long. I'm already losing the interest in the game and it hasn't even been a week. Overnight the faction chat turned from fun to "hey I'd rather quit this game and send a claim on paypal to get my money back".

1) stop whining it's too early for this pls 2) It'll be the next patch. 3) yw

1) True that it is too soon to whine, but NCsoft is an experienced game publisher, they should have had lots of experience in dealing with bots like this from many other games, letting them run even more than rampant like this is unacceptable. 

2) Will see about that 

3) That attitude won't help anything at all

Archived