How much in gold are you willing to pay ?

Rief

We know, currency exchange is coming, although we don;t know when.

We also know, that it will be based on supply and demand between players.

For those that didn;t joined Beta, this is just a sample of how it look like.

RAnauZl.jpg

I doubt the rate going to be 1:0.1 so please ignore that one, no need to go into a rage.

To make it less abstract, since asking about what you think the fair rate is rather abstract.

How much in Gold are you willing to pay for let say a packet of 11 Dragon Trade Pouch... 

gz1rv4n.png

Please consider and answer if you;re willing. I hope that can give each of us a clearer image on how the gold condition in this game.

For me, I'm willing to pay 5 gold, I doubt I'm willing to pay 10G at the moment.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5g is still cheap, ofc we are at the start of the game, thats why i'm not selling ncoins for ridiculous 1k ncoin > 10g, thats idiot, 1k ncoin need be 100g atleast, but the game released now so nothing to do, i'll just wait and in 2/3 months the price gonna be high.

7 minutes ago, Evechan said:

5g is still cheap, ofc we are at the start of the game, thats why i'm not selling ncoins for ridiculous 1k ncoin > 10g, thats idiot, 1k ncoin need be 100g atleast, but the game released now so nothing to do, i'll just wait and in 2/3 months the price gonna be high.

True, the rate at release will differ greatly compare to next 2-3 months.

4 minutes ago, Sigmaar said:

after you gather the necessary materials to breakthrough your Shield and weapon gold becomes kinda useless.

at least until the next tier of gear gets released.

I have to disagree with this. Due to the current rule of loot, the one with more gold will always have the pick of the best loot. Running dungeon tens/hundreds of time only to get the costume you wanted that finally dropped overbid by someone else is kinda hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Husbando said:

only if a NCsoft staff would put a price themselves ...player based economy sometimes gets out of hand

"blah blah overpriced, blah blah greed"

Well, complaint will always be there. Trust me even if NCsoft put a fixed price, there will always be complaint.

1 minute ago, Rief said:

True, the rate at release will differ greatly compare to next 2-3 months.

I have to disagree with this. Due to the current rule of loot, the one with more gold will always have the pick of the best loot. Running dungeon tens/hundreds of time only to get the costume you wanted that finally dropped overbid by someone else is kinda hurt. 

Well, complaint will always be there. Trust me even if NCsoft put a fixed price, there will always be complaint.

Well yes I agree that if costume collecting is your thing then gold would have more intrinsic value, but I personally don't care about that.

that being said the economy is like the Wild West right now, and I can see how NCWest would hold off on the exchange.

I do believe that when it does come out we will see a drop off in RMT spam (Hopefully)

8 minutes ago, Husbando said:

only if a NCsoft staff would put a price themselves ...player based economy sometimes gets out of hand

"blah blah overpriced, blah blah greed"

the market is already over priced in many things .. sure gems are a pain to make but a low level one on my server was going for 2 g and change (one of the drain one "brilliant)

of course this is also made worse since the low level areas are so packed and I believe there are a lot of boters out there (or just general farmers) making quartz near impossible to get without just standing on a spawn (not sure if this works I don't have the patience for it)

2 minutes ago, Sigmaar said:

Well yes I agree that if costume collecting is your thing then gold would have more intrinsic value, but I personally don't care about that.

that being said the economy is like the Wild West right now, and I can see how NCWest would hold off on the exchange.

I do believe that when it does come out we will see a drop off in RMT spam (Hopefully)

hopefully ..

I think buying gold should never really be necessary BUT sadly every game seems to have this issue and the gold farmers make it even worse but making prices sky rocket for no reason at all ..

then there are all the market items THAT are way under priced .. on my server hammers are selling for 9 cp .. I think on the CBT i never saw them under 10 sp on any of the weekends .. might just be too many people figured to make a killing and now don't have enough sense to wait will the prices go up so the under cut time and again

6 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

hopefully ..

I think buying gold should never really be necessary BUT sadly every game seems to have this issue and the gold farmers make it even worse but making prices sky rocket for no reason at all ..

then there are all the market items THAT are way under priced .. on my server hammers are selling for 9 cp .. I think on the CBT i never saw them under 10 sp on any of the weekends .. might just be too many people figured to make a killing and now don't have enough sense to wait will the prices go up so the under cut time and again

I would contend that the price of hammers in CBT was vastly overpriced compared to now. selling something that cost less than 6cp to make for 10s in the case of the R-Hammers was only possible because most people in the CBTs were focused on leveling and not crafting.

that and NCWest added hammers pots and dumplings to the numerous chests in the dungeons after people complained that they were not lootable, causing said items to become much more common. 

Perversely, transmutation stones of all tiers were dirt cheap in CBT because one could buy them from the Hongmoon store in CBT.

3 minutes ago, Sigmaar said:

Hopefully it will, although I'm not that optimistic. It might drop, but it won;t be totally gone.  Lots of MMORPG tried to fight gold spammer by providing a feature where real Money can be exchanged to in-game currency. I have never seen any that totally removed 3rd part RMT. Even the (now no longer exist) most extreme methods by Blizzard at D3 RMAH, which provide bot way exchange, still have 3rd party gold seller.

7 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

the market is already over priced in many things .. sure gems are a pain to make but a low level one on my server was going for 2 g and change (one of the drain one "brilliant)

of course this is also made worse since the low level areas are so packed and I believe there are a lot of boters out there (or just general farmers) making quartz near impossible to get without just standing on a spawn (not sure if this works I don't have the patience for it)

I'm not sure, but i believe the market in Blade and Soul is Cross server. There's only one market. For the gems, you might wanted to transmute them yourself, some of the gems can't be sold in Market. Ex: The Ruby that add crit is non-tradable.

Just now, Sigmaar said:

I would contend that the price of hammers in CBT was vastly overpriced compared to now. selling something that cost less than 6cp to make for 10s in the case of the R-Hammers was only possible because most people in the CBTs were focused on leveling and not crafting.

that and NCWest added hammers pots and dumplings to the numerous chests in the dungeons after people complained that they were not lootable, causing said items to become much more common. 

I can agree with this OTHER than the fact that there is a "set" price with the merchants and the present market prices and incredibly low in my estimation .. it isn't just the cost but time as well .. BUT then I don't bother to sell them at all as the effort to reward margin is way too low for me

1 minute ago, enem said:

my main is level 39. to this point I have about 1.3 Gold.  that's one point three.  

so I guess I'd pay 1 gold as that's all I can afford.

Thank you. That give clearer view.

adly this gonna make gold sellers more popular because those that play the game but dont have much currency atm gonna do the easy way buy money from them.Poor us gold sellers invasion because of people who want everything but don't want to earn it legitimally.

4 minutes ago, Rief said:

Hopefully it will, although I'm not that optimistic. It might drop, but it won;t be totally gone.  Lots of MMORPG tried to fight gold spammer by providing a feature where real Money can be exchanged to in-game currency. I have never seen any that totally removed 3rd part RMT. Even the (now no longer exist) most extreme methods by Blizzard at D3 RMAH, which provide bot way exchange, still have 3rd party gold seller.

maybe the reason the Spam is so aggressive now is because the RMT sellers know that there will be a drop in potential customers when the exchange launches.

I do agree that the Spam will never be gone completely, mainly because the spammers always seem to get enough customers to keep at it.

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

oh and sorry for derailing conversation a bit ..

Naah, It's okay. It's not exactly derailed. It's still about market condition. :D

4 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

I can agree with this OTHER than the fact that there is a "set" price with the merchants and the present market prices and incredibly low in my estimation .. it isn't just the cost but time as well .. BUT then I don't bother to sell them at all as the effort to reward margin is way too low for me

The NPC price is kinda weird. the way key are priced the same as unsealing charm is weird. And It's funny how Unsealing charm in market often sold at higher price than NPC.

Well if I had 1 gold, probably not.  If I had 200 gold probably.  It's not a matter of absolute value.  It's about relative value.  10 gold when I have 400 is no big deal.  5 gold when I have 20 is a bit more of an issue.

Right now, I just spent about 1g on gems for my weapon and pretty much cleaned myself out.  So 1g is too much for me, until I start making more money.

1 minute ago, Rief said:

Naah, It's okay. It's not exactly derailed. It's still about market condition. :D

The NPC price is kinda weird. the way key are priced the same as unsealing charm is weird. And It's funny how Unsealing charm in market often sold at higher price than NPC.

at mat level you need 2-3 seals to unseal stuff, one also needs to unseal soulshields before they can stat fuse, that is 2-3 a pop. 

but lol at people buying charms at greater than NPC price.

3 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Well if I had 1 gold, probably not.  If I had 200 gold probably.  It's not a matter of absolute value.  It's about relative value.  10 gold when I have 400 is no big deal.  5 gold when I have 20 is a bit more of an issue.

Right now, I just spent about 1g on gems for my weapon and pretty much cleaned myself out.  So 1g is too much for me, until I start making more money.

Thank you, and yeah you're right It's about relative value, about how much gold you have right now. I should have made that clearer.

3 minutes ago, Sigmaar said:

at mat level you need 2-3 seals to unseal stuff, one also needs to unseal soulshields before they can stat fuse, that is 2-3 a pop. 

but lol at people buying charms at greater than NPC price.

I usually ended up buying most of my stuff already unsealed in market. I mean an unsealed corrupted sword/hakan necklace for 8 Silver in market while, the price of unsealing charm itself is 10s ? 

on soulshield, I usually used the ones that come in wheel of fate, they came in set and unsealed.

But, most players usually didn;t bother checking the market, getting the items yourself from dungeon are part of the fun, even if it's not exactly efficient.

Personally, I don't like to spend more than 20% of my wealth on any one thing.  But I'll pay 60% of my wealth for a significant enough upgrade.

Since I've already used a bunch of bags from my founder's pack, so I need 25 to unlock the next bar, I wouldn't pay more than 5% for a single bag.   But if I hadn't the founder's pack and I only needed one back to open a row, then I'd pay a bit more for that first bag.

I should say at level 24 I am sitting with 1g50sp and a bit .. which is lots

OK i admit I did a bad thing and sold unsealing charms as i hate being broke (feels like the college days when I am) but I doubt I will bother to again just wanted a quick influx and can always farm more through dailies..

one of the issues of course with crafting items is that all the radiant ring gems need quartz as does the merry potter item you need I think and since WED? or whatever day the game launched I managed to get 6 whole quartz as the spawns are almost never up and frankly i refuse to pay the prices in the market atm

6 minutes ago, Rief said:

Thank you, and yeah you're right It's about relative value, about how much gold you have right now. I should have made that clearer.

I usually ended up buying most of my stuff already unsealed in market. I mean an unsealed corrupted sword/hakan necklace for 8 Silver in market while, the price of unsealing charm itself is 10s ? 

on soulshield, I usually used the ones that come in wheel of fate, they came in set and unsealed.

But, most players usually didn;t bother checking the market, getting the items yourself from dungeon are part of the fun, even if it's not exactly efficient.

the best stats (ie highest possible cap) for fusing onto a shield comes from fusing the crafted soulshields and those are not created unsealed.

Archived