...this soulboost is nigh impossible to finish because of altar and chimera lab stage 5

Divinehero

I had no issues completing it on 4 alts so far with a group of other sb people. The only thing where help is actually needed is the Stage 8 Chaos supply chain.

The other stage 5's are easily doable.

Ofcourse makes you wonder if you just tried to brute force it or actually did the mechanics.

Chimera lab.. let me guess everyone ignores breaking the tank out of the tube so he dies?

Had that problem so decided to just to hold off until i find a daily group who appear fairly competent. In saying that it is hard to anticipate what everyone will do. As i havent seen a mainstream guide that offers a consistent way to execute mechanics. So a few failures are expected before people clear it.

Need to communicate with the group on what to do before you start. Also make sure people are able to get into position before starting.

I had this issue happen a lot on my alts as well.

The main cause of the issue: enrage timer kills us
Other causes: takes a while to kill the tubes unless all of us hits them, leading to the tubed person dying as we have low hp

Or just simply someone dying and leaving + writing bad stuff right after they died.
There are a few solutions:

• Look for people in world/faction chat, you can usually find someone above sb gear to help you out (even a 6k bap person with insignias and unity stones will be able to give you enough dps)
  • Do Chimera st5 as your last sb quest, so your char will be stronger (and put 20 points to defence for a bit of extra hp)
  • There is a huge DPS buff you get in Chimera Lab, but you lose it after getting hit a few times leading to a massive DPS loss -> enrage wipe (so try not to get hit)
  • Always stay on the same side, once 2 people get the timer go with them to break the tubes (as soloing them is pretty hard)
  • Use your breaker skill
  • Once 1 boss has 70% or 40% hp go to the other one as you won't deal any dmg until the other one is below 70% or 40%
  • Use your res charm after the big purple aoe below you is gone and there are no waves coming or you will just die again

But again, people writing 'you are annoying' and leaving won't help the situation; on my gunner we tried it 3x with the same team and was actually fun as we only needed a few % hp when the enrage hit, so it seemed possible and we didn't give up or start saying bad stuff about the others 🙂

PS to the vets: It is quite hard to maintain the DPS buff if you haven't been playing for months already, it takes a lot of 
concentration to look at the minimap for tubes & when people teleport + look at boss hp & breaker + look at your skill cds + when to use ur shield/heal if u have close to 0 hp + try to jump over every wave and get out of aoes before they hit you; but it only matters when all 4 of us are sb chars with purple unity stones + no insignias + trash gear, with 1 peep doing 40m dps without the DPS buff it's fine 🙂 It's just simply that without the damage buff you will hit the enrage timer right before you could kill them, usually with only a few % hp left.

• Like 2

well the altar and lab ones are my last quests for SB and i do have full orange quality unity stones (unity lvl 193)  full gilded hexa (cept for 1 gilded hepta and hexa) and so forth so it's not a matter of gear for me it's ppl gettin wiped out or not breaking the tubes.. at least for lab for altar stuff keeps going off and taking out ppl

Edited by Divinehero

2 minutes ago, Divinehero said:

well the altar and lab ones are my last quests for SB and i do have full orange quality unity stones (unity lvl 193)  full gilded hexa (cept for 1 gilded hepta and hexa) and so forth so it's not a matter of gear for me it's ppl gettin wiped out or not breaking the tubes.. at least for lab for altar stuff keeps going off and taking out ppl

I don't really know how you could die in altar, we never did mechs and we survived. I had ~500k hp and it only took me down to like 25%, from there you can just keep hitting the boss to regain hp. You don't need to use breaker there, dun need to do mechs, just simple pure DPS. I guess the only thing needed there is to avoid getting CCd when he does the mech dmg or you can't get ur hp back fast enough 😅 If your team dies on you just use a team res charm, that should do it 😄

The "you don't need mechs" mindset is one of the reasons I rarely volunteer to help randoms, and prefer to duo it with someone I know I can rely on. It's sad that this is the norm these days, but even in the runs where I did just join random groups on alts, people legit didn't know that they needed to match the orb to the shield of thralls to remove the shield, let alone any boss mech.

I try to be nice about it when I notice it to tell them what's what, but you really can't start writing instructions during the boss fight. 

3 hours ago, Divinehero said:

Altar does not persay have one-shot things if you fail a mechanic but there are things that will deal a ton of damage to you, and if they overlap you die.

Mainly:

- exploding puddles on the ground

- exploding orbs

- exploding circle if you do not do the mech

As far as altar goes if you really wanna brute force it, make sure you have enough health for it and that you cna recover it it / iframe

3 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

PS to the vets: It is quite hard to maintain the DPS buff if you haven't been playing for months already, it takes a lot of concentration to look at the minimap for tubes & when people teleport + look at boss hp & breaker + look at your skill cds + when to use ur shield/heal if u have close to 0 hp + try to jump over every wave and get out of aoes before they hit you; but it only matters when all 4 of us are sb chars with purple unity stones + no insignias + trash gear, with 1 peep doing 40m dps without the DPS buff it's fine 🙂 It's just simply that without the damage buff you will hit the enrage timer right before you could kill them, usually with only a few % hp left.

you can do it without the damage buff even, though for that, people need to know what they are doing with the class they play and do proper rotations, most of people i encounter with soulboost are those who jsut think "oh free gear might aswel make a random alt jsut for it and be done" without actually knowing rotations and they end up doing 10 mil dps with full soulboost gear because they have no clue what they are doing.

It's beyond funny you find stage 5 Altar impossible, when it doesn't even wipe on failed mechs. From stage 6 it starts to wipe and actually becomes a "real" dungeon.

I will legit never understand people who refuse to learn mechs and play properly. That's the game. That's the actual boss design (actually at stage 12+ they get more difficult mechs, but after 12 it's just more HP so gear-check). You basically refuse to play the actual game. So legit question, WHY do you PLAY???

You do soul boost and then what? Farm stage 5 forever because you refuse to do mechs and play the actual game?

Edited by Shiro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiro said:

It's beyond funny you find stage 5 Altar impossible, when it doesn't even wipe on failed mechs. From stage 6 it starts to wipe and actually becomes a "real" dungeon.

I will legit never understand people who refuse to learn mechs and play properly. That's the game. That's the actual boss design (actually at stage 12+ they get more difficult mechs, but after 12 it's just more HP so gear-check). You basically refuse to play the actual game. So legit question, WHY do you PLAY???

You do soul boost and then what? Farm stage 5 forever because you refuse to do mechs and play the actual game?

well tell that to the groups i get  where ppl keep dying i can't carry it myself

Admittedly I'm not geared to the teeth but my BM have 650k HP 32k mystic, 504% CAD and 9k BAP and I`ve helped loads of people in Altar, Chimera and Poh 8... Quite a few times I had to solo altar boss but meh not rocket science...

As about Chimera I just disable my taunt and let tubing goes around and don't get all of them as I barely find low geared people willing to break tube. I just pay attention to the thingy above my head and I try to move to Myna(The one on the left) as I find it easier to survive in tube there than on Starling. And I keep my HM block too. 1 resist could decide your faith 😄

If you still struggle send me PM and I`ll come with you... mind you I do like 90-100m average DPS in Chimera but normally it's fine as I time my spectral burst and don't waste it.

21 hours ago, Divinehero said:

EVERY freaking group i get falls apart after a few tries on the boss of each w/o fail

i had no issue as someone who has no idea about any mechs after poharan dungeon. I can basically ignore most dmg cause i am soul fighter and heal way to much thou. 

k, so you struggle with 2 dungeons. so let us go from there are look into them.

Altar 5: iframe on "wipe" since you dont heal enough

Lab5: dont get infected/tubed. change site if infected. point out when tubed. never leave a boss alone

didnt read you have no def, but that time does cap out on you?

as a group of 4 you'd need 17kk dmg on altar (18.2kk lab) which will soulboost provide. if you try to go by yourself, I can see why lab caps out on time, hence boss will receive shield when not attended (the one which is attended will get the shield).

15 hours ago, Divinehero said:

well tell that to the groups i get  where ppl keep dying i can't carry it myself

do groups yourself and recall names you can run with.

You can literally skip mechanics in altar 5 it is the easiest among all of them. For chaos 8 and chimera lab you have to know mechanics imo. I suggest you to watch miggy's video on youtube. For chimera lab you don't need others to break the tube if you do the miggy's way. I do it with my ranged alts I never die it is hard for melees but other people can save melees very easy since they are in front of the boss. Generally ranged dps dies there anyway because they stay far away from boss and it takes time to people notice them and engage when they are in tube. If you are going with 3.5k bap people they can't break the tube in time anyway you should try to play carefully. When I start completing soulboost on my new alts I keep chimera lab 5 quest for last so you don't struggle much with 4.5k+ bap. This is the miggy's video I was talking about:

Also for chaos 8 I think you can do w/o knowing mechs if someone CC the boss when you dont resist her airbind.

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 5:37 PM, Shiro said:

i dont understand how people like you think that this is necessary for everyone to play the game.

if you want to run those high stages, do it.

for me it is a casual leisure activity, not a job.

i have 6k bap and i only run stage 1 and easy dungeons.

just for soul boost i joined some players to do these stage 5s once and i will never do them again.

it just takes too much time to kill bosses with that much hp and i dont enjoy that.

the rewards are the same anyways.

maybe i will never do that stage 8, but there are still many months left to do it.

also the last 2 soul boost levels are crap.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 5:11 AM, Immunity said:

i dont understand how people like you think that this is necessary for everyone to play the game.

if you want to run those high stages, do it.

for me it is a casual leisure activity, not a job.

i have 6k bap and i only run stage 1 and easy dungeons.

just for soul boost i joined some players to do these stage 5s once and i will never do them again.

it just takes too much time to kill bosses with that much hp and i dont enjoy that.

the rewards are the same anyways.

maybe i will never do that stage 8, but there are still many months left to do it.

also the last 2 soul boost levels are crap.

So why do you play?

Why are you talking about rewards? What do you do with them? Stage 1s faster? And also, how is that fun? Do you get satisfaction just for getting virtual items and a virtual boss dying without a challenge?

That's my whole point. Sure you want to relax, but nobody forces you to play games. It seems to me you don't really enjoy this game at all, or games in general, since you want no challenge. Ever thought of seeking another hobby? Because I legit don't get why do you actually play.

the other issue is some ppl just flat out refuse to take u when ur SB geared.. i mean how are we expected to complete SB if ppl refuse to take u and/or join u because ur "too weak" had some1 telling me i had too low BAP despite being as fully SB geared as i can be on top of my gilded hexas and heptas  that i've made over time

50 minutes ago, Divinehero said:

the other issue is some ppl just flat out refuse to take u when ur SB geared.. i mean how are we expected to complete SB if ppl refuse to take u and/or join u because ur "too weak" had some1 telling me i had too low BAP despite being as fully SB geared as i can be on top of my gilded hexas and heptas  that i've made over time

Can you please show us ur stats with a screenie?

It is hard to say whether it’s really ur stats or just people being meanies. There are a lot of groups who do fast runs for trains/multis, so for those SB gear won’t be enough. 

*Edit: with your gear, so we can try suggesting on what to improve

Edited by Hungibungi