Soul Boost starcross bracelet

Namikagejoel

Hello NCsoft support team,

I am reporting a sugestion regarding the soul boost event. Many people already retrieved the 2 starcross necks on the event but you changed the reward on the day 15/02/2023 to a starcross bracelet and I cant take it anymore so I would like to suggest to put the bracelet on hongmoon store for 0 hongmoon coins so the people that got 2 necks could pick the bracelet that they didnt got because of a misconfiguration.

Thanks
Nam1kage Sensei

• Thanks 1

I have used 1 neck for compound on 2 characters, using the other. I asked support to add the bracelet...but they removed my necklace and replaced it with a bracelet. Ending up with no necklace at all 😞

So if you Salvaged the 2nd necklace or put it in compound you are in in trouble...liking this less and less and less. On the point of just giving up on this game.

Oh no, you salvaged a Starcross necklace and received a Starcross Essence which gives you an insane advantage in the game!!!

They really should announce something regarding it and also make the arbitrary criteria to be eligible for the bracelet way more lenient.

It wasn't our mess up, to be fair expecting for it to be resolved without the assistance of the playerbase should be standard in this case

aka figure out who's missing it and mail em, like you did before

• Like 1

We got the good news from Ashe that after a little struggle, support accepted to send a bracelet even to the characters who salvaged the extra necklace:

I'm joining you in requesting from the NCSoft team to mail or provide (in any way) a bracelet to everyone who claimed their level 20 reward before the bug fix and got a second necklace instead, including the players who salvaged that extra necklace (or put it in compound) and have nothing left to swap it for. 

Edited by Pimboli
  • Thanks 1

It was a mistake on both side with a great lack of communication in-game. (No announcement done in chat about the bug)

Mistake from the Game giving 2 Starcross Necklace during week one without telling the players it's a bug or to not claim/salvage the Starcross Necklace.

Mistake from the Players (myself included) for not taking care to look more into the same necklace box (they all had the same icon for Starcross accessories and I wanted the Psyche to augment my weapons...)

I know it can be very frustrating for both sides, but it is what it is, the err is human.

We all don't have the same GAMING common sense. So chill out, this will be resolved fairly, I hope so for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't call basic reading skills and taking just a little interest in what's given to you as a GAMING common sense but what ever makes you feel better. I also don't believe you just mindlessy accepted everything as you already pointed out, you wanted the weapon psyche so you had to know what's there.

Im glad you guys are getting your much deserved Bracelets but lets not give NCsoft too much flame here either. It took 1 week to deliver a fix which already is very fast. I dont think they've ever done in-game announcements regards to bugs but what do I know, only played this game few months.

• Like 1

Definitely not into flaming, everyone makes mistakes, it's just as human as common sense!

But mistakes are not fatal, they can be fixed in a respectful manner.

The support team itself recommended to share our feedback in the forums so the community management team could look into the issue. 

It won't cost a dime to give everyone a bracelet, and it would save anyone who hasn't gotten one yet, a lot of (farming) time. And that extra necklace doesn't give any (significant) advantage in game, it won't hurt anyone if people were allowed to keep it (or keep whatever's left of it).

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, Pimboli said:

Definitely not into flaming, everyone makes mistakes, it's just as human as common sense!

The support team itself recommended to share our feedback in the forums so the community management team could look into the issue. 

It won't cost a dime to give everyone a bracelet, and it would save anyone who hasn't gotten one yet, a lot of (farming) time. And that extra necklace doesn't give any (significant) advantage in game, it won't hurt anyone if people were allowed to keep it (or keep whatever's left of it).

They aren't going to give anyone anything they seem pretty firm on their stance of not taking ownership for their lack of communication and screw up as usual. I'll most definitely flame them for this because they're notorious for doing this. Reminds me of the designer thread moontide incident and how they had to be harassed before compensating players they royally screwed and even then they didnt do a very good job.

Like @luztsaid it should be normal to expect the company to resolve things without players needing to go after them about it. I tried to get through to them myself about the necklace but it was like talking to a brickwall which is the typical interaction with support. I mentioned exchanging two starcross essence which is basically the same as exchanging the necklace but they disregarded me completely after multiple responses. Whether it was compounded or salvaged I feel like it's ridiculous to cold shoulder players for something we aren't at fault for in the first place and now other people who didnt claim it until after it was fixed can get the bracelet and it's just a big F-you to anyone else unless you just let it sit in your inv. Crazy. 

On 2/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, Sjakie said:

I have used 1 neck for compound on 2 characters, using the other. I asked support to add the bracelet...but they removed my necklace and replaced it with a bracelet. Ending up with no necklace at all 😞

So if you Salvaged the 2nd necklace or put it in compound you are in in trouble...liking this less and less and less. On the point of just giving up on this game.

Please dont giveup, its not the end of the world. Just 1 necklace.. You should be good for clearing current content with just the skystealer in the meantime.

Anyway i am hoping they atleast put an exchange in one of the shops. Better yet do what they done in previous soulboost and just mail out the item to accounts that have claimed the soulboost.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:42 PM, Sjakie said:

That's still a good deal considering the necklace is much easier to get than the correct bracelet (which still drops for random classes, which was always AWESEOME game design with items that can't be traded or bid on). Kinda sucks, but oh well. Could have been worse.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:53 PM, Pimboli said:

The support stance on this can be really frustrating... this is what my friend who is in the same situation (Starcross Necklace put in compound) on 2 characters got as answer

Hello,

We understand that this is not the answer you wanted, Unfortunately, the Support is unable to provide assistance for this case. As mentioned, we are unable to swap it with Armorer's Starcross Bracelet Chest since it was compounded. Due to this, we will not be able to grant your request on these character since we do not provide the services of reverting items in the Compound system. With that said, we can only ask for your understanding regarding this matter.

If you have any other questions or concern, feel free to contact us in a new ticket.

Kind regards,

GM (blanked out)
NCSOFT Support Team

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ASHE ENT. said:

The support stance on this can be really frustrating... this is what my friend who is in the same situation (Starcross Necklace put in compound) on 2 characters got as answer

Hello,

We understand that this is not the answer you wanted, Unfortunately, the Support is unable to provide assistance for this case. As mentioned, we are unable to swap it with Armorer's Starcross Bracelet Chest since it was compounded. Due to this, we will not be able to grant your request on these character since we do not provide the services of reverting items in the Compound system. With that said, we can only ask for your understanding regarding this matter.

If you have any other questions or concern, feel free to contact us in a new ticket.

Kind regards,

GM (blanked out)
NCSOFT Support Team

Makes sense, too.

Either that they don't have a policy in restoring items that have already been put to use OR they just dont have the tools to extract that singular item out of the compound as this would severly affect the compound stats and I doubt a GM will want to go through the trouble of calculating the power potential loss and the stats affected. Not only would they have to remove the compound item but also 3 Eching stones that were connected to it. That is just too much, honestly.

compound has always been "lost item" nobody ever got anything back from compound

that said it doesn't matter what he has done with the necklace, he should have gotten a bracelet and indeed is intitled to get it

the etching stones have nothing to do with the item, they are there even if you swap to another item

Edited by lillvargen

The problem seems to be the compound fact. I mean, he could technically agree with them to take it out and lost the etchings, there should not be an issue, though, they will definetely not just give him the bracelet.

Despite it being a NC issue, they would essentially be giving you a free item (regardless if its useful or not or great). Thats where the problem lies I think. If they would have a alternate thing to swap there would not be an issue.

At most what I can think of, you could simply try and drop any other necklace or bracelet (regardless of class) and try getting that exchanged.

Personally: Whenever i get something extra I always keep it as is unless i really need it, in this case doing anything with the second necklace would not give me any significant benefit so i just kept the box for now. Especially when it did feel "off" to get 2 of them.

2 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

compound has always been "lost item" nobody ever got anything back from compound

that said it doesn't matter what he has done with the necklace, he should have gotten a bracelet and indeed is intitled to get it

the etching stones have nothing to do with the item, they are there even if you swap to another item

The person asked to swap neck with bracelet which can't be done if the neck is now in compound. I mentioned etching stones because even if they had the tools to remove an item from compound, the eching stones gotta go, too, as they can't be linked with an empty slot. So it's not as easy as just removing an item.

I agree the person should've just demanded a bracelet rather than offering the 2nd necklace as replacement.

My friend kinda end up doing the hard way, grinding a new Starcross Necklace to get it to swap and got this from support finally.

"Hello,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

I have reviewed your request again and swapped your Starcross Necklace for an Armorer's Starcross Bracelet Chest. You should see every bracelet chest in your character Shinzue and Shinwue.

For any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again in a new ticket.

Regards,

GM (blanked out)
NCSOFT Support Team"

1 hour ago, lillvargen said:

just don't give them the choice to swap it, tell them you didn't get the bracelet and it is said to be in soulboost

you, like everyone else have the right to get it

1 hour ago, slowcow said:

The person asked to swap neck with bracelet which can't be done if the neck is now in compound. I mentioned etching stones because even if they had the tools to remove an item from compound, the eching stones gotta go, too, as they can't be linked with an empty slot. So it's not as easy as just removing an item.

I agree the person should've just demanded a bracelet rather than offering the 2nd necklace as replacement.

He didn't ask for a swap, he asked for the missing Starcross Bracelet to be send on his 2 characters but got denied.

6 minutes ago, ASHE ENT. said:

My friend kinda end up doing the hard way, grinding a new Starcross Necklace to get it to swap and got this from support finally.

"Hello,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

I have reviewed your request again and swapped your Starcross Necklace for an Armorer's Starcross Bracelet Chest. You should see every bracelet chest in your character Shinzue and Shinwue.

For any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again in a new ticket.

Regards,

GM (blanked out)
NCSOFT Support Team"

Nvm they swapped the equipped Starcross Necklace on a char from one char ... so now that char has no Starcross Necklace....

@Emerald Sun@ASHE ENT.i feel you, and i believe the frustration and indignation are legitimate.

I still hope they'll mail a bracelet to everyone. If not, then farming a necklace to trade it for a bracelet is the least tedious option (as previously pointed by @Rhiakath). Chimera Lab-stage 1 drops them quite often, and it's possible to farm it solo with soul boost gear.

38 minutes ago, Pimboli said:

@Emerald Sun@ASHE ENT.i feel you, and i believe the frustration and indignation are legitimate.

I still hope they'll mail a bracelet to everyone. If not, then farming a necklace to trade it for a bracelet is the least tedious option (as previously pointed by @Rhiakath). Chimera Lab-stage 1 drops them quite often, and it's possible to farm it solo with soul boost gear.

I helped my friend grind the accessories chest in Namdo Shrine...

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 10:26 AM, ASHE ENT. said:

I helped my friend grind the accessories chest in Namdo Shrine...

Yeah I ended up doing this today with my gf and was fortunate enough to have the necklace drop on the first run which they thankfully exchanged for the bracelet.

• Like 1