Event Dungeon "Candycloud Park"

LorazYT

Hi @Green Storm,
I wanted to ask, why you can only run the event dungeon "Candycloud Park" once per day per character?

It's so easy for people to kill one or both of these bosses before loading in. And so the quest failed that day (on that char) and you can't get the seven boxes anymore. It makes no sense that you can only run the event dungeon once per day (per char).

• Like 2

THe dungeon and some other event ones have always been a 1x per char per day entry.

The problem here is they did not scale the dungeon to the new gear levels, so anyone can just one shot the bosses.

If they scaled them properly, they would take more time to kill.

57 minutes ago, LorazYT said:

Hi @Green Storm,
I wanted to ask, why you can only run the event dungeon "Candycloud Park" once per day per character?

It's so easy for people to kill one or both of these bosses before loading in. And so the quest failed that day (on that char) and you can't get the seven boxes anymore. It makes no sense that you can only run the event dungeon once per day (per char).

I absolutely agree with you.

14 hours ago, Grimoir said:

THe dungeon and some other event ones have always been a 1x per char per day entry.

for many events I can agree, though [and that I have to dig up] I think we always helped our friends on main in candycloud thus making no lock here. but I might be wrong hence easy dungeon.

My question would be: Why recycle this content again?

Speak NPC, do EVENT DNG, do SOLO DNG, speak NPC

whole "event" is find some guy in a place where we wouldn't normally go. and if we didn't "finish" solo dng before [not handing in] prior, we can port back and forth and create more artificial "online/activity" time, where nobody really does content. AND having tons of people around jadestone will increase loading time, so for a player its absolutely horrible.

as for the issue OP presented, same counts for HM/CS and I don't really see the "benefit" of scaling bosses up. Ppl can still get trapped there.

PSA:

The chest that spawns after bosses are defeated ("Guardian Chest") is responsible for locking you in. It doesn't give you anything and it's not part of the quest, but for some reason people seem to have OCD and need to tap it despite seeing that someone is mid loading. All it does is lock you and spawn the dragon pulse that leads out of dungeon, except 98% of people leave through ESC->Exit because it's faster.

That makes it even worse, because trapping someone is optional and nobody benefits from it and the chest doesn't even spawn instantly, so there is no reason to touch it while you wait for the quest to complete.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:58 PM, LorazYT said:

Hi @Green Storm,

If you got locked out, if you go back to character selection screen and log back into the game it completes the quest and moves you to the next stage.

You might need to abandon it and take it again before you do it though.

• Like 1

how about this: change all once-per-day quests which you cant finish when a boss is already killed to how the koldrak quest works.

if you dont know, you can accept the quest of killing koldrak from daily challenge menu after he is already dead and you can finish it.

the only requirement is being inside the dungeon to talk to the npcs (which you can only do once per 10min window).

and you need to deal 1kk dmg to get a chest.

this could be improved by changing all quests to: if you already did the job, fulfill the quest immediately after accepting.

also dont put the quest npcs into these areas.

maybe do this only if there is no possibility to repeat the dungeon/killing.

resetting a quest should of course reset that status too.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, Grimoir said:

Too bad they didnt include the Canducloud Outfit chest in this event....would have made it so much nicer ;/

we have a candycloud outfit Oô I really must be living under a rock then.

image.png

actually never mind, there used to be an items like this. a little enticing. rn, as the quest goes: welp, get a random headband from rng and you are basically done for.

what's even more intriguing: candy cloud dungeon chest doesn't include anything not even the fortune potion [yeah, that's our grand price last year] but now locks you from multi-ing? That's a weird kind of bug...

12 hours ago, Kitah said:

It also sucks because if you returned in the last 2 weeks, you cannot do the Solo dungeons by yourself and need to be carried through the one that can be done in Duo-mode.

would need to run them, but Hong should be very easy on story gear, Mao I could kill with story gear and old soulbost halfway done. and just so I put it out at times: Try things and hone your craftmanship. Nayul might be rough on story gear, but its highest solo for now.

6 hours ago, Immunity said:

how about this: change all once-per-day quests which you cant finish when a boss is already killed to how the koldrak quest works.

the only requirement is being inside the dungeon to talk to the npcs (which you can only do once per 10min window).

well, that case: just let us start only when 6ppl are insided the dungeon - as in koldrak - and we won't see any illfated...unless one decides to lfp after kill. If we disable = GG

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:58 PM, LorazYT said:

Hi @Green Storm,

To combat this you can always load into the event dungeon first yourself then hit lfp or recruit in server if you doing it in server. That's what i do on my alts. NEVER LFP AND JOIN A GROUP ALREADY IN PROGRESS. That's a good way to potentially get locked without credit. If the lfp is slow and you already got 3 people in the dungeon with you just turn it off. Also always make sure you got both cake guys quest and quest from J before you start good to go. hope this helps you.

When I lfp in f8 from inside the dungeon i always let my party know it's safe and i didn;t start it yet so that no one worries they won't get credit.

Edited by MishaJ

lol that NEVER LFP, if everyone would take that advice you wouldn't get any other player into the dungeon, thou I agree, if you are in loading screen and others kill the boss you are pretty much locked on getting credit, that should be changed, so system sees you weren't in and can make another try