UE4 Update Download / Install issues (merged)

hr1sto93

I tho the client will be around 60 gb but I have downloaded until now 114 gb.  Can anyone explain why is that? It was not even 50% yet.  I have deleted UE3 version can that be the problem? 

Edited by Shizo

5 minutes ago, Shizo said:

I tho the client will be around 60 gb but I have downloaded until now 114 gb.  Can anyone explain why is that? It was not even 50% yet.  I have deleted UE3 version can that be the problem? 

The client is around 60GB, but the unpacking/decompressing process requires an extra 100GB, so you need about 160GB free space in total for it to download and install.

Thanks for the replies

My C Drive was filled up by 71+ GB of UE4 download so I uninstalled B&S and reinstalled on my D Drive

My C Drive had 71 GB free before the UE4 download and at 13% I got the error

Installing on D Drive now - at 34%

At this time it seems that UE4 took up 74 GB installing itself the first time

5 hours ago, RainDew said:

Damn, but I only have free 80GB of 240GB SSD. It costs bns ue3 and Windows 10. Besides ue3, there is nothing to delete .... We'll have to wait and then delete and download ...😪

you can delete rar's in one of the patch folders witch is 80GB the rars only are 40G so 80-40 and you will have space.

Got the same issue than you, but i've 320Go+ free space, and, obviosly it's not a free space problem. And for me, i did the windows update 21H1 (it's a non essential update) and that resolved my problem.
I see that because it's se same problem in PSO2Ngs, and i tried and it worked.

Hope i can help some ppl with that.

• Hyunkel changed the title to UE4 Update Download / Install issues (merged)