Major patches

MassiveEgo

@NCSOFT Okay, we've seen troves, store updates, bug fixes, class rebalances, etc, etc. But where are the true major patches? Where are the third spec optimisations? We are yet to see a decent optimisation to sins, destros and bm 3rd specs. Where are the rest of the third specs? Producing those has become so slow. What happened to general optimisation? Raids are both a lag fest and a fps joke. And above all, where is UE4? 2020 is in it's last quarter guys. You've been trying to keep us around with your game running like a slug for years. Enlighten us about your master plan. I'm sincerely tired of playing on a 3k euro machine and getting sub 30 fps in raids. It has been a long time since we've got any update regarding those problems. And considering how severely they cripple the experience, I expect you to start talking, or better yet start patching the game. It has been eight years since the game launched and it runs worse than ever. So what is the plan?

Edited by MassiveEgo
  • Like 1

This topic is so pointless,  you should already know they do not care for game to make it good , you should already make pace with it.

The only solution for them to care is people stop paying at all .Once people stop paying they have to option

1-close game for non profit 

2-adjust game to be playable and start listen our feedback 

But we know the answer on this already , they rather close game than fix it because they literally don't want , legit they don't care . Period

Also is your own decision paying them that much so no reason to complain.  

Cheers , have fun in 10 fps :HajoonCheer:

• Like 1

The reason they are not adding any major content is because if they continue to add more content, the games performance will continue to plummet with every major update. So there trying to stall and revamp old content and add minimal updates to the game until they deal with this supposed UE4 upgrade . Now they did announce the Astromancer for the end of September so you have at least that to look forward to. But don't except any major updates to the game until they release UE4 because it's either that or shutdown.

There is not going to be a UE4 update for this game. Maybe a new bns related game, but not the one we currently are playing. It will cost them a million man hours reprogramming and testing if they ever do. Not even all the whales in the wordt can help them. They are milking the current game until they close it down or sell it

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Rmccn08:

The reason they are not adding any major content is because if they continue to add more content, the games performance will continue to plummet with every major update. So there trying to stall and revamp old content and add minimal updates to the game until they deal with this supposed UE4 upgrade

I dont think this is true. Its simply people where asking for old content to be usefull again and i see this as one of the few things they actully do to appeal to the community. They keep adding new stuff and dont optimize the game. UE4 is not gonna happen we know this by now.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Rmccn08:

. Now they did announce the Astromancer for the end of September so you have at least that to look forward to. But don't except any major updates to the game until they release UE4 because it's either that or shutdown.

Astromancer is one thing thats gonna decrease the fps again cause more effects will be ingame again. All NC does is give us more dmg cause they know people will stay if they are able to increase their dmg. We have people that do 30Million dmg already while our hardest dungeon does have a requirement of 2 million or something.

Hopefully a scythe will be added at some point, though it'd have made perfect sense ffor destro 3rd. However regarding WL3rd I barely can imagine any other than making thrall long lasting aka WL new sum, while SUM3rd as announced kinda sounds WLish.

At either point: Since derpcsoft doesnt allow UI and stuff to actually safe, but hide pet bars instead I personally dont see any point in having a controllable thrall.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Gman:

There is not going to be a UE4 update for this game. Maybe a new bns related game, but not the one we currently are playing. It will cost them a million man hours reprogramming and testing if they ever do. Not even all the whales in the wordt can help them.

Yet, I think all those whales have a better understanding than those in charge for UE4 and all employees at NC. As for UE4 and testing. The people in charge of testing didnt even fix an event for like 5months + so....like you I do not have any hopes left at this point.

Story will keep me returning every once in a while, but aside from it there is very few thats tackles my fancy. Making AST Lyn exclusive definitly aint helping either.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the lack of player base the Money(Swipes) that NCWest was used to is gone. So they have no incentive to improve the game play.

All  game changes are made to target whales, you too can become a whale if your willing to spend thousands of dollars, to get them spend additional money on the game.

Here are the facts.

There is no hope that NCWest will improve game play for non-whales. So, don't spend money on a dead game, just have fun if you can.

U4E never will happen- cost factor.

All changes, removing gold, will never return to original game play. All changes are made to funnel you to NCoins. 

Server lag will never improve, just get worst. 

Player base will get smaller.

Sending any ideals to NCWest on game improve is a waste of time. They are NOT going to spend any money on this game.

And finally this game is dead, sad to say. It will limp along, but will never be the game we once played. Greed has killed this game. So sad. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paru said:

U4E never will happen- cost factor.

Excuse me but what cost? UE4 is free to use by absolutely anyone so there is 0 cost. Not to mention they already are working with UE4, mobile version is proof of that. It would be dumb to stay on multiple different platforms when 1 of them is clearly superior to the other. However you can't just CTRL+C and CTRL+V the game from UE3 into UE4, that won't work. They have to rebuild the entire game from almost 0 and that takes an insane amount of time considering the size of this game and the content they need to do with UE3 until UE4 is finished. Only thing you would pay for is royalty from your game if it sells for certain amount of profit. they already are doing so. So again there is 0 cost involved in it.

Edited by Amarathiel

49 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

Excuse me but what cost? UE4 is free to use by absolutely anyone so there is 0 cost.

No it's not free and you wrote yourself why:

49 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

However you can't just CTRL+C and CTRL+V the game from UE3 into UE4, that won't work. They have to rebuild the entire game from almost 0 and that takes an insane amount of time considering the size of this game and the content they need to do with UE3 until UE4 is finished.

Yes, it takes lots of time and work and the people doing that work needs to be paid it does not do itself automagically.

1 hour ago, Cor said:

No it's not free and you wrote yourself why:

And my point was that if they are already paying for that, how can there be an additional increase in cost if you decide to upgrade to latest release version of UE? Only time I would see there be a cost in upgrading is if epic games says so to them. As far as I understand their terms, devs would not need to pay for both UE3 and UE4 versions since it would be the same game upgraded to latest version generating the same income.

1 hour ago, Cor said:

Yes, it takes lots of time and work and the people doing that work needs to be paid it does not do itself automagically.

The devs responsible for managing BnS on UE3 already is being paid... and they most likely are working on UE4 on the side as part of their paid job. That is just speculation of course, I don't know how things actually are there. But I would assume they are, especially after that 1 comment I read somewhere in these forums about some dude talking to the devs in Korea about the game. Assuming he actually did talk to them. Don't remember on what thread it was on but it's there somewhere.

And if they are indeed working on both engine versions,  then there is the reason for it taking so dam long. Creating content(events and such to keep people occupied to some extent) and work on UE4 afterwards.

2 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

And my point was that if they are already paying for that, how can there be an additional increase in cost if you decide to upgrade to latest release version of UE? Only time I would see there be a cost in upgrading is if epic games says so to them. As far as I understand their terms, devs would not need to pay for both UE3 and UE4 versions since it would be the same game upgraded to latest version generating the same income.

The devs responsible for managing BnS on UE3 already is being paid... and they most likely are working on UE4 on the side as part of their paid job. That is just speculation of course, I don't know how things actually are there. But I would assume they are, especially after that 1 comment I read somewhere in these forums about some dude talking to the devs in Korea about the game. Assuming he actually did talk to them. Don't remember on what thread it was on but it's there somewhere.

And if they are indeed working on both engine versions,  then there is the reason for it taking so dam long. Creating content(events and such to keep people occupied to some extent) and work on UE4 afterwards.

That's not how things work normally, if people are busy with the work they are doing already you can't just add more work and expect them to do it with no additional time investment. Though yeah i doubt ue4 costs nc much extra, seeing how low the amount of actual new content we get is there are probably only 2 people in the dev team and one of them is just pressing ctrl+c/ctrl+v all day to recycle old content.

Edited by Cor