Stop adding content, waste of resources

FinalLight

1 minute ago, A VeryThiccBoi said:

What's the point in having good content when the game is unplayable?

they nerf and completely dumb down dungeons so...there has to be some difficulty... might aswell be FPS  xD

1 hour ago, A VeryThiccBoi said:

What's the point in having good content when the game is unplayable?

Because not everyone having problems with FPS or unplayable game, I don't have any FPS problems, does that mean I can't enjoy new content? just because your game is unplayable :shy:

Edited by SayhaSeer

vor 17 Minuten schrieb A VeryThiccBoi:

Just because the minority doesn't have any issues with the game doesn't mean the optimization shouldn't be fixed:tired:

Why cant they do booth ? i mean they are not programming the stuff they get the stuff from KR. We all know Performance is worse in NA/EU compared to KR why cant they fix this (as far as i know they are finally trying to solve the issue currently) while they wait for the updates ?

They dont work on the updates themselve they just take what KR gives them (unfourtunetly) and translate it. To my knowledge everyone who get a 5 Minute course can translate the game so that shouldnt be a big deal.

5 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Because not everyone having problems with FPS or unplayable game, I don't have any FPS problems, does that mean I can't enjoy new content? just because your game is unplayable :shy:

They were referring to a lot of the players who come on to these Forums to complain about the horrible framerate issues and optimization problems.

It's a bit inconsiderate to say what you said because it comes off as self-centered; just because you don't have issues doesn't mean others are enjoying the same luxury. There are plenty of BnS players everyday continuing to bring up the FPS problems, so it should be clear already that 1.) the optimization problems are still there, and 2.) many players are unfortunately having said problems.

What ThiccBoi is trying to say is what's the point of adding more game content if one can't even play them. They aren't wrong; if NCSOFT central adds a new raid, which they did, but people can't play it because of framerate problems, which is still ongoing, then how can one possibly play it? If players constantly die because they're fighting at 5 FPS, forget enjoyment; the game is unplayable, and that's what many players are dealing with right now.

Solving performance issues doesn't bring in $$$, because the most of the max gear whales, aka the people who actually care about steamrolling through new content on release day, don't have performance issues, or they do have performance issues but they've already spent too much $$$ to afford the luxury of quitting the game. Hence why we got ZERO performance improvements since launch day, but new content and new pay2win schemes released almost every month that 95% of the player base really don't give a crap about.

Edited by PetPuggi

16 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

It's a bit inconsiderate to say what you said because it comes off as self-centered; just because you don't have issues doesn't mean others are enjoying the same luxury.

Same goes to what you said too; Just because you and/or many others have issues doesn't mean NCWEST should stop adding them and ruin the enjoyment of new content for people who have no performance issues, it has nothing to do with being self-centred, Both sides have PROS and CONS, and just because one side can't enjoy new content, doesn't mean other side can't enjoy too, so saying you can't enjoy new content, because I can't enjoy new content - which is exactly what implies by saying "Stop adding content, waste of resources" is selfish and plain wrong too. 

16 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

Just because you and/or many others have issues doesn't mean NCWEST should stop adding them and ruin the enjoyment of new content for people who have no performance issues, it has nothing to do with being self-centred,

No, which is why I believe there needs to be a healthy balance between adding new content and fixing the game's technical problems. And after re-reading what I wrote, you're right; I was also being self-centered. But t I stand by needing this kind of balance for this game because this will be what keeps it afloat, not UE4 alone.

People want UE4 because they believe it'll help the game's performance problems. I'm sure it will, and I want it as well because I not only want my gameplay experience to be better, but I want more people to play this game and support it. However, the problem with people leaning too heavily on that side is that they're focusing too much on UE4, believing it'll save the game on its own, and completely forsaking the desire for new content to keep the game fresh. 

Even if UE4 was released early by demand, that alone won't keep the game afloat because there are some players today who don't have optimization issues, and they aren't asking for UE4, but for more content instead. Like you said, there are PROS and CONS to this matter, which is something many users on these forums don't understand before making a hate-filled rant about this game. So even if the game becomes more stable in the future, no matter how good the performance will be in the long-run, if players don't like the content they see in this game, they won't play it. NCSOFT central has to also focus on keeping players hooked to this game as well, while keeping it maintained at the same time.

It's a constant struggle between making the game stable-enough to play, while keeping it fresh at the same time, which is what NCSOFT central is currently dealing with.

What I think NCSOFT central is doing, and hopefully this is true, is they're slowly adjusting towards a balance between server maintenance and bug/ optimization fixes and improvements (the latter being in-progress) and adding new content to the game. I think progress is being made towards further improving the optimization issues, while new content is being released at a steady pace, which is hopefully the direction this game is going in.

Regardless of how much the players demand for UE4 to be released early, it won't happen. I rather wait a bit longer so that the transition is done correctly than rush it and have it completely break and ruin the game. That's just my take on it. I also think monthly, at best weekly, updates on the progress towards the UE4 transition would be beneficial so as to take some of the heat off this situation, but that hasn't been happening, further proving my point that there is poor community engagement between the player base and the staff.

To go back to the original posting: Please release the new content, AFTER it has been debugged! Do the developers actually go over what they cobbled together or is it a case of "Meh, that will do for now."? The change in the team has been strongly evident in this current release and I for one hope the errors will be corrected at least when the new class is added? It is disappointing in the current state.

Totally agree Snowyamur - While I am also looking forward to UE4 I would rather wait than rush into development, and this goes for rushing content also...

Edited by zsazsa