Why developers spit veterans in the face?

darthBaal

Hi all,

In every online game, developers try to keep veterans, make special events for them and offer better deals. In short, they appreciate players who have been playing since the beginning of the game and are still faithful to the game. These players have an advantage over newcomers, who often serve as teachers or mentors.

But in the Blade and Soul developers, the veterans are downright spit in the face! In all the time the game is running, they have not done a single event in which veterans have been given a minimum reward for loyalty, while in this game veterans are disadvantaged! Therefore, it is no wonder that people are looking for other games.

It's really a lot of rotten in this game, but it had the potential of a great player base and in the first year the game was really fun, today's game is almost dead, it is played by a few hundred people and the fun has shrunk to 2-3 raids and 5-6 dungeons… Merging servers just confirms that the number of players is decreasing.

1. Achievment points do not unlock anything significant and their meaning is zero, there is no difference between a player who has 1200 against a player who tries to fulfill them and has 6000.
  2. Double meter in the achievment points, where the new achievement should be fulfilled by the old players, but they must do it again. It's the same with unity rank.
  3. Liquidation of 90% of the dungeons that do not have to pass once and all revolve around the top 5-10.
  4. Degradation of mechanics in raids and dungeons, so those who have been honestly taught for weeks have lost their efforts, because you just have to wait for the nerf and then there's no need for mechanics.
  5. Brutally unbalanced PvP part of the game where newcomers and endgame whales are facing each other. The result is that there are only whales and newcomers, nothing in between. Logically, interest in PvP decreases.
  6. The degradation of equipment, where the equipment becomes significantly cheaper and the player who has stored the raw materials and bought it for months, is caught up in a month by a player who has collected half of the raw materials.
  7. Irrational game economy that is linked to the previous point. Instead of higher revenue in top raids and dungeons, revenue is still roughly the same, but it will be reduced in old raids and dungeons, where nerf mechanics are also. With a higher level, the earnings should increase as well, but roughly HM15 earnings are no longer rising and the HM15 level player has the same earnings as the HM30 level player…
  8. Normal vs. Hard dungenons, apart from higher difficulty, presence of mechanics and slightly better rewards, are no different. The original 2, 4, or 6 player settings were much better and a better challenge.

Really developers, so hate veterans, who often invested a lot of time in the game and considerable money?

https://i.ibb.co/VNtJNG2/Screenshot-190627-005.jpg

Well...

1. thats what the collection system is for. Achievement points are mainly for the achievement vendor for costumes and stuff.

2. Not sure what you mean exactly

3. Well....thats the same in a lot of games.

4. Thats cause 85% of players dont want to put in effort and learn mechanics, sadly i dont see this changing anytime soon.

5. Agreed, but hope it gets better when they split up the damage into PVe / PVP

6.  I mean, thats in every game, but the only issue here is that gear has no value, the sellable raid materials, selling of badges and gear basically means you dont earn anything and its just meh, no value for your effort.

7. Actually i do think HM levels should not play any role in who is earning what, especially since 90% of the players got the hm levels when the broken 5m exp charm was added. So no, rather reward players more for difficulty / mechanics than a level.

8. Agreeed. rewards should be better.

2 - Look at the attached screen. This is a similar achievement, only one has been added later and should therefore be automatically fulfilled by older players.
All:
This may have been poorly translated, meaning that if a player reaches a certain level, his or her earnings will no longer be raised. It can go hard dungeons but earnings will be the same as normal. Small raids such as Khanda, Aransu scholl, Snowjade, earlier for each of these raid about 10G and more came hall of keeper, etc. and instead of the new one was better paid, everything went wrong and the rewards decreased to the level that DKV is just waste of time.
The same is true for raids, why is the tacheon reward the same as for skybreak? At the same time it should be higher, for BT you get about 50G, so for vortex it should be 100G, for tacheon 150G and for ET 200G these rewards leave and do not remove mechanics.
Why did two-man and four-man dungeon cancel? So why don't the old dungeons get rid of the game right away, or does it restore them like HM and CS? What is the enjoyment of the game when it is worth to walk just called big5?

Why are acessories cheaper? For example, if the 3 highest soul stage cost 12-20-40 oils and now it's 8-12-20? Why don't they let the others get cheaper? (12-20-40 "True Tiger" 7-7-etc ...)
This only demoralizes players who bought it before ...

In my opinion, we'll just need to get a graded gear system Where heach gear grade requires common mats, which are super abundant (and I mean it literally, not NC's idea of abundant) and some rarer mats, plus graded mats that can't be used for any other gear grade (so basically a system far superior to the one we have right now, if only due to the fact that it won't keep players constantly starved for the same 4 mats we have to use for like... everything). 

When older players move on with their gear, they can put their old stuff on the market, or equip alts, or give to guildies. Ala keep that old investment in the form of something functional. Lots of things would be completely different if you could just put your yellow soul on the market when you craft your first tier purple soul. Or put it on an alt. There would be so many players with tons of geared up alts (and obviously the more active players would probably have their weakest alts more geared than my main) and people wouldn't be so stingy with requirements, shifting the focus of dungeon crawling back onto mechanics.

4 hours ago, darthBaal said:

2 - Look at the attached screen. This is a similar achievement, only one has been added later and should therefore be automatically fulfilled by older players.
All:
This may have been poorly translated, meaning that if a player reaches a certain level, his or her earnings will no longer be raised. It can go hard dungeons but earnings will be the same as normal. Small raids such as Khanda, Aransu scholl, Snowjade, earlier for each of these raid about 10G and more came hall of keeper, etc. and instead of the new one was better paid, everything went wrong and the rewards decreased to the level that DKV is just waste of time.
The same is true for raids, why is the tacheon reward the same as for skybreak? At the same time it should be higher, for BT you get about 50G, so for vortex it should be 100G, for tacheon 150G and for ET 200G these rewards leave and do not remove mechanics.
Why did two-man and four-man dungeon cancel? So why don't the old dungeons get rid of the game right away, or does it restore them like HM and CS? What is the enjoyment of the game when it is worth to walk just called big5?

Why are acessories cheaper? For example, if the 3 highest soul stage cost 12-20-40 oils and now it's 8-12-20? Why don't they let the others get cheaper? (12-20-40 "True Tiger" 7-7-etc ...)
This only demoralizes players who bought it before ...

No it shouldnt...if the achievement was added later then its a new achievement, whether you did those runs prior or not should not matter because the achievement wasnt there.

As for gold rewards from weeklies....new dungeons get introduced, older ones get a reduction, thats how it works, thats why you get more gold from the newer dungeons, this is a way to make players progress instead of stagnating at the same spot just to farm 3 dungeons.

also, do not compare accessories and soul...those are 2 different items and serve 2 different "purposes".

15 hours ago, darthBaal said:

Hi all,

In every online game, developers try to keep veterans, make special events for them and offer better deals. In short, they appreciate players who have been playing since the beginning of the game and are still faithful to the game. These players have an advantage over newcomers, who often serve as teachers or mentors.

But in the Blade and Soul developers, the veterans are downright spit in the face! In all the time the game is running, they have not done a single event in which veterans have been given a minimum reward for loyalty, while in this game veterans are disadvantaged! Therefore, it is no wonder that people are looking for other games.

It's really a lot of rotten in this game, but it had the potential of a great player base and in the first year the game was really fun, today's game is almost dead, it is played by a few hundred people and the fun has shrunk to 2-3 raids and 5-6 dungeons… Merging servers just confirms that the number of players is decreasing.

1. Achievment points do not unlock anything significant and their meaning is zero, there is no difference between a player who has 1200 against a player who tries to fulfill them and has 6000.
  2. Double meter in the achievment points, where the new achievement should be fulfilled by the old players, but they must do it again. It's the same with unity rank.
  3. Liquidation of 90% of the dungeons that do not have to pass once and all revolve around the top 5-10.
  4. Degradation of mechanics in raids and dungeons, so those who have been honestly taught for weeks have lost their efforts, because you just have to wait for the nerf and then there's no need for mechanics.
  5. Brutally unbalanced PvP part of the game where newcomers and endgame whales are facing each other. The result is that there are only whales and newcomers, nothing in between. Logically, interest in PvP decreases.
  6. The degradation of equipment, where the equipment becomes significantly cheaper and the player who has stored the raw materials and bought it for months, is caught up in a month by a player who has collected half of the raw materials.
  7. Irrational game economy that is linked to the previous point. Instead of higher revenue in top raids and dungeons, revenue is still roughly the same, but it will be reduced in old raids and dungeons, where nerf mechanics are also. With a higher level, the earnings should increase as well, but roughly HM15 earnings are no longer rising and the HM15 level player has the same earnings as the HM30 level player…
  8. Normal vs. Hard dungenons, apart from higher difficulty, presence of mechanics and slightly better rewards, are no different. The original 2, 4, or 6 player settings were much better and a better challenge.

Really developers, so hate veterans, who often invested a lot of time in the game and considerable money?

https://i.ibb.co/VNtJNG2/Screenshot-190627-005.jpg

1. Totally, achievement points are useless beyond a certain point
2. Agreed
3. Not sure what you are trying to say.
4. Honestly I wouldn't complain since it lets you clear old raids faster for the weekly gold and focus more on the new ones.
5. Totally, I never liked there being PVP and PVE gear from day one. Specially since PVP gear requires mats only obtainable from PVE and thus meaning you need to do twice the amount of PVE if you want to do PVP. At the very least make PVP gear 100% obtainable by PVP exclusively.

6. Well, it helps newbs catch up and be able to play end game content instead of it taking 2-3 years. Imagine never seeing a gunner or warden end game.
7. You can clear those old dungeons really fast, so overall you can earn more money by doing them in adition to the newer ones.
8. YES, freaking yes 4 man mode was WAY better. Currently HM is so broken it basically leaves 0 player freedom as there is pretty much only one way to clear, no room for originality or improvisation. At that point if i'm supposed to farm it just replace me with a bot, I'm not doing the exact same thing over and over again for hours.

There is something that I would add,
Stop making events that only serve to help newbs gear up fast. That's what cost reductions are for; Give us events that serve everyone.

I like how in the infamously bad "turtle" event (where you had to kill that 250m hp turtle in 4min) NCW's idea of "endgame/whale" tier rewards are TT SS 1-3 and GC steel. It just proves how clueless they are at their own game (which has been proven dozens of times through their embarrassing livestreams). I wouldn't be surprised if they still think whales with 2k AP need HQ hearts and silver scales.

• Like 1

8. I have to ask what can they change other than difficult, mechanics and rewards? There is nothing stopping you from entering with less than 6 people (I do most of my farming 2-4 man because I can't be bothering with idiots who just want to leech.)

As for 7 it is GEAR related not HM level related... but  don't worry your just a "veteran" with 3 year old account so nobody expects you to know the difference.

I have 2 years playing this MMO. With the lasts patches I had the posibility to gear up all my abandoned alters, even get a VT for 3 of them. I saw a lot of "veterans" leaving the game this year. In my case I've just assumed this is a F2P P2W MMORPG. Any effort that you put on this game will be nothing in 8 months (like the gear-class-rotation topic). Is sad, because PvE is really nice in this game. and they nerf those numbers because of the existence of new content. It has a little bit of logic. but yes it is annoying AF. This is a job only for NC staff and 3rd party content sellers, and that fact will never change. and yes, they don't give a F about your effort or merits, only about your cash.

PD: I'm just saying the facts of how I see them, I don't agree with this :HajoonConfused:

7 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

8. I have to ask what can they change other than difficult, mechanics and rewards? There is nothing stopping you from entering with less than 6 people (I do most of my farming 2-4 man because I can't be bothering with idiots who just want to leech.)

As for 7 it is GEAR related not HM level related... but  don't worry your just a "veteran" with 3 year old account so nobody expects you to know the difference.

personally i think the 4 man modes we had were way better than the current 6 man hard modes and those were more rewarding.

Am 29.6.2019 um 03:23 schrieb darthBaal:

1. yeah i agree there is no reason to earn them so most players simply dont care about thoose. I would love to see something added for example more outfits or this hm points scroll.

2. Some Achivements make sense they are not account bound but overall i think they should be account bound aswell.

3. What do you want ? even with more gold most players wouldnt like to run the old ones cause nothing interesting drops there. It would be stupid for them to add new drops to old dungeons

4. I like it how it is normal dosent need mech for quick runs and hardmode for the rewards. Hardmode is not rewarding enough thou they should add something like a merch you can buy a mat box for every 3th run or whatever.

5. I gave up a long time ago they dont care about pvp. Yeah they change the dmg output a lil bit in 6v6 but i dont think a hm 12 will have the same chance to win than a hm 30 with max gear. The whole point of having gear in a pvp mode is just stupid. 1v1 and 3v3 is destroyed since the nerved our playtime without reason and destroyed the balancing with awakening. Last one the BR mode is just useless there is no reason to play it the rewards are trash and this whole gamemode is unbalanced due to the items and awakening skills.

Again i wrote way to much about PVP i am just sad NC destroyed the pvp to this extent the PVP Community told them multiple times what they have to do for example "dont give us awakening patch !".

6. Well Dungeons get harder and harder so gear need to be better and we need the players in the endgame. The i think its toally ok since new players are still stuck at Aransu stuff for some time which is a big difference to TT Stuff.

7. Only thing i would change the amount of steel/hearts etc.

8. I dont think 4 man is possible anymore since they create dungeons with more and more mech to the point where you need atlest 5 players. The rewards tho should be higher like i wrote already.

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

6. Well Dungeons get harder and harder so gear need to be better and we need the players in the endgame. The i think its toally ok since new players are still stuck at Aransu stuff for some time which is a big difference to TT Stuff.

I think they are stuck not cause of the game,but cause of their own mentality. they dont want to invest time in learning mechs or they dont wanna join clans for raids or they dont want to host their own runs.....there are just examples, or they jsut wait for discounts and then upgrade which means they will always be behind.

The game has gotten much much easier compared to what it was and upgrading is not that hard right now, especially with the current weapon upgrade event with 50/30/20 % discounts.

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

8. I dont think 4 man is possible anymore since they create dungeons with more and more mech to the point where you need atlest 5 players. The rewards tho should be higher like i wrote already.

Well according to the developer letter they will be introducing a beginner mode, normal mode and hard mode to dungeons, so hopefully they scale rewards accordingly.

Same with PVP they will be splitting the damage into PVP and PVE and nerfing mystic badges so lets hope that will bring a more balanced playfield.