A Global Chat Chanel.

bravebvr

7 hours ago, bravebvr said:

Is there a plan to create a global channel? Faction chat sometimes really quiet. It would be awesome to have a global chat.

I just want to understand why would you need this? Considering each server basically has only 1 faction anyway so your faction channel is in fact your "global" chat.

1 hour ago, DrindiX said:

This is a very good idea, im surprised its not done yet since it will improve party and trading capabilities.

How exactly would it improve party and trading? since faction chat already provides these, and since every server has basically one faction anyway, you can see it already as a global chat channel. Not to mention if you want to make a party you should use the F7 feature as thats what it is for and not chat spam, especially since there is a lfg chat. Plus there is also a trade channel dedicated for trading so...again why not utilize the tools that are already there instead of creating a new one for no aparent reason?

I like the global channel idea!

Another thing I think would be nice; the ability to create ones own chat channel. I remember some game having it and loving it...to better explain it;

It was the ability to create a chat channel-so for example, I make the chat channel "YuChunsHarem", then! I tell my friends "Hey my channels name is YuChunsHarem", and they type "/join channel "YuChunsHarem"" or something to that effect. and just like that we all had a group chat we could all see no matter what we were doing (within our server). Also comparable would be just having a buddy list chat channel as well. Both of them giving players the ability to talk to each other without all having to be in the same guild or in the same party.

Actually now that I think about it, it's so strange that this game never had a buddy list chat channel. I think the social aspect of MMOs are really gutted straight out these days!

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I just want to understand why would you need this? Considering each server basically has only 1 faction anyway so your faction channel is in fact your "global" chat.

How exactly would it improve party and trading? since faction chat already provides these, and since every server has basically one faction anyway, you can see it already as a global chat channel. Not to mention if you want to make a party you should use the F7 feature as thats what it is for and not chat spam, especially since there is a lfg chat. Plus there is also a trade channel dedicated for trading so...again why not utilize the tools that are already there instead of creating a new one for no aparent reason?

It's funny you say this. The whole reason someone would want global chat is because it is a huge disadvantage to play on the minority faction. Because, you know, there *are* two factions. Finding groups for raids, weeklies, and MSP can be very time consuming and sometimes impossible. I personally always check F7 but I think a lot of players don't even know it's there and almost no one uses it. I have found that the best way to get groups for certain things is to just stand in places like Dasari Gardens Trading Post or Zaiwei and watch region chat, but that is terribly boring and makes it impossible to be doing anything else.

It's great that you play on a majority faction, but for those of us who don't, this isn't an unreasonable request.

2 hours ago, Unya said:

It's funny you say this. The whole reason someone would want global chat is because it is a huge disadvantage to play on the minority faction. Because, you know, there *are* two factions. Finding groups for raids, weeklies, and MSP can be very time consuming and sometimes impossible. I personally always check F7 but I think a lot of players don't even know it's there and almost no one uses it. I have found that the best way to get groups for certain things is to just stand in places like Dasari Gardens Trading Post or Zaiwei and watch region chat, but that is terribly boring and makes it impossible to be doing anything else.

It's great that you play on a majority faction, but for those of us who don't, this isn't an unreasonable request.

Switch faction o.o there problem solved without even coding o.o

I know there are 2 factions but you should ask yourself why would you be in the minority faction? less people = less people to find for groups. common sense. Its not like there even are any open world PVP battles anyway. There is literally no reason to be in a minority faction to begin with.

Yeah, I figured that would be your response. Of course people should have to reset their entire rank and lose out on any insignias they have stored up. Not to mention leave the community they've been with since launch, not to mention any guilds, for a different community they know nothing about until they've already committed.

All you've done is prove why the faction system stinks and is terribly outdated. I personally don't care if there's a global chat or not. I'd rather they just merge the factions as all the current system does is divide the community.

51 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I know there are 2 factions but you should ask yourself why would you be in the minority faction? less people = less people to find for groups. common sense. Its not like there even are any open world PVP battles anyway. There is literally no reason to be in a minority faction to begin with.

Server I'm on has two factions and it's nice to have conversations in chat. There are many reasons to be in the smaller faction with less terrible people, trolls, etc. People join the smaller faction (or at least on my server) for better pool of people.

I've been in the smaller faction and even though it's smaller, it's a community. People don't want to leave the people they know.

20 hours ago, Grimoir said:
21 hours ago, DrindiX said:

This is a very good idea, im surprised its not done yet since it will improve party and trading capabilities.

I thought this was an obvious one, there is currently a faction chat and there are two factions .... so a global chat will be where you can also see messages from the opposing faction meaning EVERYONE on the server.

14 hours ago, Wataru said:

Server I'm on has two factions and it's nice to have conversations in chat. There are many reasons to be in the smaller faction with less terrible people, trolls, etc. People join the smaller faction (or at least on my server) for better pool of people.

I've been in the smaller faction and even though it's smaller, it's a community. People don't want to leave the people they know.

So you join a faction to stay away from terrible and trolling people...yet you ask for a global chat channel? xD

Personally i dont mind a global chat but i would rather people use the tools that are already there than add more and more stuff to the game that is essentially useless.

Am 18.2.2019 um 10:03 schrieb Grimoir:

Thats exactly the reason. Not everyone is in that one faction. 

Archived