Raven to Riftwalk/Dawnforged event anytime soon?

N0iz

Before the usual guerilla users will jump on me barking because I am daring to ask something that I should not, I am ungrateful for all the free stuff company is giving away and being selfish because I stress out that maybe it would be good giving a chance to new comers to get useful stuff for them without being milked by players that don't need specific things, I'd love to point out that is a mere event suggestion and not something permanent. not even exclusive, so people that do not need to upgrade their Raven will not feel betrayed and put apart.

Like a nebula stone or a token, perhaps? With multiple use.

Several of us have 10/12 alts still stuck on Raven path stage 3-6.

Many of us had to craft 5x10/12 Empyrean Spirit Stones (it means 50-60) along with the many pre-nerf (*) materials in order to achieve 1.1k requested in F8 dungeons and do our dailies.

Some of us can't relay on friends and guilds to be carried (considering that now 1.2k is the new 1.1k) and we work hard during the hours we can play, picking random f8 people with the easy kick finger.

Wasting (allow me the term) 3/6 Premium Transformation Stones x10/12 (it means 30/60 or 36/72) is a pity considering that the non raid path is super cheap now.

I know what is coming: "It was a year ago, mate, you really are still stuck on Raven? You loser, just grab a new weapon from scratch and go Aransu 3 via non raid path!".

Sure, I did the math but we are talking about characters that already did the story and should gather extra materials in order to cover the whole dark/light weapon -> Rift/Dawn 3-6 again. And is totally doable for those that can spend 12-14 hours online playing.

'Just farm for materials, you whiner!"

Sorry, I don't have time to do BG/arena and pvp in general so moonstones are still a problem.

Just opened 100 Peculiar Promises Treasure Chests for science, here is the result:

2cfpqba.jpg

Not saying that devs are bad people, not saying that company is being so bad to us poor players (no one forces us to play, right?), merely asking to consider it to allow some of us 'old players' that already spent a lot on their weapons to go on the cheaper path.

That's all.

(*) July 17, 2018

Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Seraph/Baleful Weapon to Riftwalk, Dawnforged, or Raven Weapon from 5 to 1.

Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon from 5 to 2.

Actually, those that decided to go Baleful 12 -> Raven 3 basically screwed themselves over, so its their own fault considering the Rift / Dawn path is always cheaper.

We just had a nebula stone event for christmas that ended beginning of january where you could upgrade dawnforge / riftwalk and raven weapons cheaper

18 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually, those that decided to go Baleful 12 -> Raven 3 basically screwed themselves over, so its their own fault considering the Rift / Dawn path is always cheaper.

We just had a nebula stone event for christmas that ended beginning of january where you could upgrade dawnforge / riftwalk and raven weapons cheaper

It wasn't always that way that Rift/Dawn was cheaper than Raven.

Concerning this, I think it's actually high time those people get something that helps them out of this misery. An event, where you'd use nebula stones instead of Premium Transformation Stones for upgrading the Raven weapon would not only be fair, but also necessary.

49 minutes ago, Nivalias said:

Concerning this, I think it's actually high time those people get something that helps them out of this misery. An event, where you'd use nebula stones instead of Premium Transformation Stones for upgrading the Raven weapon would not only be fair, but also necessary.

Fully agree with you. 

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

There you are, Mr. Contrarian to the last.

Good thing someone else answered for me.

15 hours ago, Nivalias said:

it was always cheaper. you can look it up here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TViAb_KPoCCshSrN0j84O4OSExl6l-ej6gJJ3PNplZM/edit#gid=0

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Always cheaper.

I guess you forgot to mention something, dear Sir.

On September 18th 2017 was still necessary Premium Transformation Stones for Rift/Dawn path and those people that screwed themselves picking Raven path were just aiming for a better weapon, more than willing to pay more for better gear (also was generally asked Raven 3+ for most of the content, not Rift/Dawn, Raven) without complaining.

PTS were removed from Rift/Dawn and after that there were several adjustments and extra reducing while Raven after long time is still stuck with that particular expensive material, leaving many of us trapped there.

I used the 'Nebula stone' of the last event on my new account that is now Raven 9 because I started from scratch. With my old alts I still need to buy/craft too many PTS for upgrading them all.

Here is a video that dusts off memory about what I am talking about (from min 8) if you need proof.

The guy also does an interesting math about materials (at that time). At the end was worth going Raven.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Rift/Dawn upgrades are cheaper since a few month, I wouldn't call that "always".

Remember the impressive move Ncsoft did almost a year ago when they changes Rift/Dawn upgrades to a PTST costs of 2 each stage...for Rift/Dawn stage 3, while Raven still used one at that stages.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I guess you don't play this game for very long?

Before the current "cheaper-than-Raven" is a thing, it used to be opposite where it was Raven that was cheaper than Dawn/Rift path, due to various reasons:

-Both still use PTS to upgrade

-Raven only costs Elysian to upgrade, while Dawn/Rift used moonstones and some other materials. Moonstones were harder than Elysian to come by at that time, and VT gear ate like thousands of moonstones. You would not want to go Dawn/Rift cuz it would save you a lot of moonstones.

-Raven materials were available cheaply and commonly.

So yeah, when people said it was cheaper to go Raven than Rift/Dawn, it was true.

it's actually not that expensive to upgrade.  the only reason you come up with these huge costs is because you're multiplying it by 10 - 12 for the number of alts you have.  that's entirely on you to feed the big family you chose to have.  this is why smart people tend to have fewer kids...

5 hours ago, MCWang said:

it's actually not that expensive to upgrade.  the only reason you come up with these huge costs is because you're multiplying it by 10 - 12 for the number of alts you have.  that's entirely on you to feed the big family you chose to have.  this is why smart people tend to have fewer kids...

It's also true that big families spend more money.

I am not ashamed to say that on my new account, where I did three Raven 9 chars, I bought current rng boxes for each one of them to go Aransu since my time for purchasing raids is limited and badge+aransu materials weren't dropping.

Not willing to do that on my old account, sorry. Not after the aforementioned move, leaving us stuck there.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, Kozuki said:

I guess you don't play this game for very long?

Before the current "cheaper-than-Raven" is a thing, it used to be opposite where it was Raven that was cheaper than Dawn/Rift path, due to various reasons:

-Both still use PTS to upgrade

-Raven only costs Elysian to upgrade, while Dawn/Rift used moonstones and some other materials. Moonstones were harder than Elysian to come by at that time, and VT gear ate like thousands of moonstones. You would not want to go Dawn/Rift cuz it would save you a lot of moonstones.

-Raven materials were available cheaply and commonly.

So yeah, when people said it was cheaper to go Raven than Rift/Dawn, it was true.

i play since beta on NA and earlier on other versions. The materials used dont matter. since one was an alternate path, so instead of raid mats they had to blanace it out with others.

Archived