Sign in to follow this  
Bishamonx

Today's FM

Recommended Posts

So I have a few questions to people maining (or maybe even no?) FM. 

 

1. Is it good for endgame? 

 

2. How's FM in PvE? He's like Main dps or support dps in dungeons? 

 

3. Better is Fire or Frost? Or maybe the're the same or once better once badder? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really why? TT I know warlock has the better effects and soulburn etc. I play at the German server and most of the new players are Summ, gunslinger, WL. So I'm really wondering if it is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
csisy   

FM is a great class. Not the highest DPS but can deal a significant amount of damage. If you are looking for a pure DPS (and ranged) class then you should take a look at the Gunner. It is easy, you have to spam like 2 buttons and you are good to go. FM is more complicated but has better support for party - projectile bubble, frost sheath - while gunner has a reset (that is useful with BB and/or SB only) with a 5 mins cd. Warlocks are good as well, they deal good damage and they have SB, so you would have an easier time to find a party (everyone needs SB).

 

Anway... Every class is good for endgame, you have to specify what you mean by "good".

FM is not main DPS, but with the right party composition (BB + SB + Gunner, so BB + SB again) and good gear, FMs can deal really high damage.

I can't tell you too much about the Frost FM since I'm playing Fire for a long time. Both have advantages and disadvantages. For Frost FMs the target has to stand in place (Cold Snap does not move), for Flame FMs the target has to be in burn status. I prefer Fire/Flame FM over Ice/Frost but I can't tell you anything about the DPS/playability difference.

 

TLDR; If you like the class, then you should play it. If you don't, then... guess what, don't play it. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
18 hours ago, csisy said:

FM is a great class. Not the highest DPS but can deal a significant amount of damage. If you are looking for a pure DPS (and ranged) class then you should take a look at the Gunner. It is easy, you have to spam like 2 buttons and you are good to go. FM is more complicated but has better support for party - projectile bubble, frost sheath - while gunner has a reset (that is useful with BB and/or SB only) with a 5 mins cd. Warlocks are good as well, they deal good damage and they have SB, so you would have an easier time to find a party (everyone needs SB).

 

Anway... Every class is good for endgame, you have to specify what you mean by "good".

FM is not main DPS, but with the right party composition (BB + SB + Gunner, so BB + SB again) and good gear, FMs can deal really high damage.

I can't tell you too much about the Frost FM since I'm playing Fire for a long time. Both have advantages and disadvantages. For Frost FMs the target has to stand in place (Cold Snap does not move), for Flame FMs the target has to be in burn status. I prefer Fire/Flame FM over Ice/Frost but I can't tell you anything about the DPS/playability difference.

 

TLDR; If you like the class, then you should play it. If you don't, then... guess what, don't play it. :D

 

Ye, no.. fm is just horrible.
FM just keeps getting nerfed constantly while their beloved classes that already infect all tournaments keep getting buffed.
If you want DPS, other classes do more dps.
If you want PVP, other classes are stronger, and easier at pvp..
At 1v1, FM might not be horrible..
But playing 3v3 with it is just torture... you just cant compare playing FM with other classes like lets say Sum/WL/Gun/BD etc
Every skill you have puts you in a bad position... you grab someone? opponents give him party shield.. ur doomed.. all u can do is stand around holding him cause u cant drop him..
Air combo? same problem...
And thats all FM is about rly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
csisy   
1 hour ago, SkFy said:

 

Ye, no.. fm is just horrible.
FM just keeps getting nerfed constantly while their beloved classes that already infect all tournaments keep getting buffed.
If you want DPS, other classes do more dps.
If you want PVP, other classes are stronger, and easier at pvp..
At 1v1, FM might not be horrible..
But playing 3v3 with it is just torture... you just cant compare playing FM with other classes like lets say Sum/WL/Gun/BD etc
Every skill you have puts you in a bad position... you grab someone? opponents give him party shield.. ur doomed.. all u can do is stand around holding him cause u cant drop him..
Air combo? same problem...
And thats all FM is about rly.

It's not my problem that you're playing a class wrong. :)

In terms of 1v1, FM is not the easiest but one of the top PvP classes.

 

Nerf? FM was just buffed in the previous patch. No more animation lock for cc/parry/etc skills, you can ani-cancel your impact as well. Additionally, Raven and Aransu have been buffed. FM might not be the best class for doing 3v3 but it does not render the FM "bad" or "dead". Every class have its own weaknesses but none of the classes are dead.

 

Additionally, the OP was about the class itself, especially its PvE part. He or she might not even want to PvP.

And no, FM is not the lowest DPS in the game. Give the FM a BB and SB and its sustained DPS will be (one of) the highest!

 

If you are looking for an F12 Moyun high-DPS class then yea... FM is not for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   

k good joke, look how it went with fm @ korean tournament, world tournament... etc 
stop the "top class" bs cause it hasnt been a top class for a long time. 

and our grab animation been nerfed, making it easy to dodge/resist grab..
so people shouldnt be wallbanged.   

 

Lets check ranking aswel: class with least gold people 1v1? FM..
Class with least people gold 3v3? fm...
Yes, FM is awesome... good joke.

 

All the "pro's" just happen to play the other classes.. nothing to do with FM just being way harder then  the rest.

Edited by SkFy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
csisy   
12 hours ago, SkFy said:

k good joke, look how it went with fm @ korean tournament, world tournament... etc 
stop the "top class" bs cause it hasnt been a top class for a long time. 

and our grab animation been nerfed, making it easy to dodge/resist grab..
so people shouldnt be wallbanged.   

 

Lets check ranking aswel: class with least gold people 1v1? FM..
Class with least people gold 3v3? fm...
Yes, FM is awesome... good joke.

 

All the "pro's" just happen to play the other classes.. nothing to do with FM just being way harder then  the rest.

You are still talking about 1v1 and 3v3 while the OP was about PvE content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkFy   
8 hours ago, csisy said:

You are still talking about 1v1 and 3v3 while the OP was about PvE content.

Maybe it has something to do with the claims you made in your previous post?

FM top class, funny... tell me when was the last time an fm got anwhere during world tournament? (i dont care about EU, win EU, get rank 100 world..)
 And endgame = PVP, didn't ask for PVE ONLY -.-'

Edited by SkFy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludicium   

Going to bring this post/thread back to life, sorry if you've made up your mind already OP. If you haven't, hope this helps.

 

1. FM is quite good for PvE endgame, however, there's very little that sets it apart from any other classes, there's nothing that makes players go "wow" or heightens it's desirability in endgame content compared to other classes like Warlock, KFM, etc.

 

2. I'd say that FM is a ranged pseudo-support DPS class. The pseudo bit is referring to it partially being "support" DPS as it's DPS can get kinda crazy with the right gear and rotation, and isn't really lackluster in any way when compared to full DPS classes.

 

3. Fire is technically smoother and better, but you can always choose your element, have a play around with it a little.

Edited by Ludicium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tufa   

FM needs some major love, it's just that simple.  Just look at the leader boards in just about anything and you can clearly see FM lags far behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM is not as good as it once was but...i play my FM cause i enjoy the class. I dont need to be highest DPS to be happy. I just need to know my class, play my class the way it works for me and enjoy it knowing i am supporting my static or clan just fine. I burst nearly 600k sometimes more and I do nearly 300k DPS without any buffs like BB or SB. With those i usually am consistently around 400-500k at the end of a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this