Thanks for Ruining BD Party Protection

Wolfy286

Just as you are adding a new raid, you decide to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up BD party protection skill, now it will just as useless as BM one. You could just boost BM one if you wanted to make it equal. Not to mention it's not just a pve issue, it's a huge pvp issue as well. I hate you with a great passion right now and I REALLY hope you change your mind on this decision.

For BD

unknown.png

For BM

unknown.png

BM actually had a better party protect than BD as it was damage and status effects for 3 sec vs 2 sec for BD; However BM's would usually use move 1 rather than move 3 which I just spoke of.

Also it seems they made them match, both BM and BD party protects are getting F****ed this patch. So many mechanics that require a 5 hit iframe

Having an unbreakable protection for party members in a PvP scenario is/was a horribly game-breaking skill, and I didn't even realize it was a thing until I heard about the change happening. xD

It's going to be something to get used to, but it's for the better; however, what the devs could've done is at least increase the number of blocks the skill has; bringing it from infinity down to 3 is a little drastic. Maybe give it the more standard 4 or 5 instances of protection.

6 minutes ago, Kasumi Rose said:

Having an unbreakable protection for party members in a PvP scenario is/was a horribly game-breaking skill, and I didn't even realize it was a thing until I heard about the change happening. xD

It's going to be something to get used to, but it's for the better; however, what the devs could've done is at least increase the number of blocks the skill has; bringing it from infinity down to 3 is a little drastic. Maybe give it the more standard 4 or 5 instances of protection.

BM Cyclone does 5 hits in 1 sec still think that 3 sec unbreakable is bad ? plenty of classes can get in 5 or more hits in less than 2 sec. Plus if you are doing battleground you might be facing 2-3 players each hitting you 4-5 times per sec.... Yeah right, "game breaking" :giggle:

I don't mind the game requiring more skills tbh but this isn't about that. In pvp as RagingPhenix said 3 hits is nothing, specially in 6v6. Against classes like summoner and gunner I don't even feel like pressing the button...And in pve most mechs require more than 3 hit protection so if we consider pve issues, then they could at least make it 5 hits for 3 seconds or 5 hits for 5 seconds. I could be ok with that. They could buff the BM one too and there would be no problems. They f*cked up both instead.

Welcome to the life of a SF, my token C key is 5sec or 5hit. How many a time I hit that ability and was dead in < 2 second anyway as I was cc'ed and trolled regardless ? Enjoy pvp tonight, tomorrow it's a while different game for ya ?

23 minutes ago, Alenyia said:

Welcome to the life of a SF, my token C key is 5sec or 5hit. How many a time I hit that ability and was dead in < 2 second anyway as I was cc'ed and trolled regardless ? Enjoy pvp tonight, tomorrow it's a while different game for ya ?

Meh, I usually only use hm block for HP regen in arena. In battle ground even tho this will be cancer it's toxic either way if you haven't invested thousands of gold into PvP gear.

5 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

Having an unbreakable protection for party members in a PvP scenario is/was a horribly game-breaking skill,

Fm and destroyers still got their pt protection which is unlimited

Well yes, they made BM more trash than they already are in 6v6.

The only time BM does well in 6v6 as it is these days is by being absurdly more geared than the other team. You don't see BMs carrying 6v6 wins unless you're DF and the other team is composed of 100% baleful/ravens (low ravens as higher ravens can still kill you), you do see pretty much every other class carrying 6v6 though.

People seem to forget that to proc the move you need to block first, that very act of blocking could lead to a free stun and you being gibbed. I can actually understand the BD changes are they are extremely powerful in 6v6 right now as it is with the infinite spin nonsense. Not hitting into the spin is simply not an option as this is 6v6 and not 1v1; in 1v1 you can easily wait out their focus; not everyone's going to wait in 6v6 and someone will be attacking giving BD infinite spins. Same problem with destroyer. Of course adding an internal CD to the focus regen when hit while spinning would solve this - say 10 seconds.

they want to make people with this class raid compositions

party 1

gunner, gunner, gunner, gunner, gunner, wl

party 2

gunner, gunner, gunner, gunner, wl, gunner with threat (tank kek)

lookig forward for next raids in future...

1 hour ago, swpz said:

Well yes, they made BM more trash than they already are in 6v6.

The only time BM does well in 6v6 as it is these days is by being absurdly more geared than the other team. You don't see BMs carrying 6v6 wins unless you're DF and the other team is composed of 100% baleful/ravens, you do see pretty much every other class carrying 6v6 though.

People seem to forget that to proc the move you need to block first, that very act of blocking could lead to a free stun and you being gibbed. I can actually understand the BD changes are they are extremely powerful in 6v6 right now as it is with the infinite spin nonsense. Not hitting into the spin is simply not an option as this is 6v6 and not 1v1; in 1v1 you can easily wait out their focus; not everyone's going to wait in 6v6 and someone will be attacking giving BD infinite spins. Same problem with destroyer. Of course adding an internal CD to the focus regen when hit while spinning would solve this - say 10 seconds.

The thing is if you don't attack them in spin they attack you. If you attack them during spin they deflect and attack you. If they have shield up they go offensive full force and you better have defensive skills up. If you survive they spin again waiting for cd and grab. Then they repeat the process all over again. To be honest they need to remove one of their shield blocks, speed buff and grab. 

57 minutes ago, Kylasviel Weizmann said:

The thing is if you don't attack them in spin they attack you. If you attack tgem during spin they deflect and attack you. If they have shield up they go offensive full force and you better have defensive skills up. If you survive they spin again waiting for cd and grab. Then they repeat the process all over again. To be honest they need to remove one of their shield blocks, speed buff and grab. 

I'm fully aware of this. BDs are far too powerful in 6v6 as it is. That and they can almost always run faster than you due to the various movement speed buffs.

It's simply absurd that a tiny midget lyn can run faster than someone who is twice their height but logic doesn't exist obviously.

9 minutes ago, swpz said:

I'm fully aware of this. BDs are far too powerful in 6v6 as it is. That and they can almost always run faster than you due to the various movement speed buffs.

It's simply absurd that a tiny midget lyn can run faster than someone who is twice their height but logic doesn't exist obviously.

I doubt the changes to Maelstorm will make them any less broken in 6v6. It is a minor change and they can still resist damage and remove status effects. You can't even root them anymore. 

On 5/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, RagingPhenix said:

BM Cyclone does 5 hits in 1 sec still think that 3 sec unbreakable is bad ? plenty of classes can get in 5 or more hits in less than 2 sec. Plus if you are doing battleground you might be facing 2-3 players each hitting you 4-5 times per sec.... Yeah right, "game breaking" :giggle:

That's why it was game-breaking xD Blocking all of those hits is ridiculously OP. It needs a cap.

On 08/05/2018 at 11:07 PM, Kasumi Rose said:

Except that the PvP is gear vs. gear. No amount of skill balancing is going to fix the breaking of PvP when the outcome is decided by people's gear.

Also, balancing skills around a format that is of no relevance to another format is never a good thing.

Archived