International Laws against Violence are being violated during this event.

KaMyCHiKo

20 minutes ago, XO said:

I'm not talking about a Pixel or not pixel, I'm sorry if you are offended about it, and specially if you have been abused, two relatives near me have been abused and that's the reason I'm specialized in this, because it hurts, the point is this thread is not a joke, I'm talking seriously and again I'm sorry if this offended you, but if this really offended you, what I'm defending it's real, and it's for preventing women violence... so many people confuse reality with game, and kill people with no sense, you can see an example in Spain where "Jose Rabadán" killed their parents and his sister with a katana believing he was a character of Final Fantasy... When it's violence for violence, ok, but mix love, sentimental pairs, friendship with violence is... I don't have words... I don't understand you, you must be agree with me instead of stay at that behaviour... I don't know why you are oppositing me, if you are a real victim... I don't understand you... This is not the behaviour of a victim that have been rehabilitated... The victims I know they are now fighting for their rights, not oppositing them...

1) Yes, you are talking pixel or otherwise. This is a game that you're wanting to try and form a lawsuit against for a Valentine's event. You're even in the game's designated forums attempting to argue and point fingers. If this wasn't about the game, then maybe your post needs to be somewhere else or just not up whatsoever. Not to mention, the title of this thread is, "International laws against violence are being violated during this event," is in in the game. So, yes, pixels.

2) No, this isn't a joke, which is why your post is absolute garbage. As stated by many people, and myself, you're making this a bigger issue than it actually is. Instead of threatening a lawsuit over something like this, maybe attempt to get the event changed around a bit, like with what Alanstar said, which I also quoted in a previous comment.

3) "Protecting against women violence." Are you kidding me? I'm not going to make this a long ass post again, but violence and trauma happens on both sides of the spectrum. Males can be abused just as easily as females. Are you seriously expecting people to play female character, which aren't real, and expect people to be like, "Oh, that's a female, I can't hit them." Hell no. It's a game. Get that through your thick skull, please. This isn't SAO where if you die in the game, you die in real life. Simmer down.

4) People who confuse games with reality aren't very intelligent, at least in my opinion. It's also been debunked quite a few times that games don't cause that crap, and there are rare cases of which they do. There are no long term links between violent video games and actual violence that happens in the real world. Video games are honestly nothing to what we see on media every single day. The "moral panic" that many adults feel about video games is an exaggerated sense of public concern, fear, and anxiety over a perceived threat of social corruption. You can literally see other examples of moral panic ranging from stuff like rock and roll, comic books, radio, television, cell phone use, and social media. Especially in this day and age where we have everything open to us, more-so when a 13 year old child can lie about their age to get into an 18+ mature rated game, or other mature rated content.

5) Are you really trying to question if someone is actually a victim of abuse simply because they disagree with your bull? How low do you have to be to do that? Like, I understand this is internet; there are trolls, there are insensitive people, there are idiots, etc., but you really have to go the length of the line by questioning someone's abuse JUST BECAUSE they don't agree with you? Oh my god. You're the lowest of the low. Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Yahmia said:

1) Yes, you are talking pixel or otherwise. This is a game that you're wanting to try and form a lawsuit against for a Valentine's event. You're even in the game's designated forums attempting to argue and point fingers. If this wasn't about the game, then maybe your post needs to be somewhere else or just not up whatsoever. Not to mention, the title of this thread is, "International laws against violence are being violated during this event," is in in the game. So, yes, pixels.

2) No, this isn't a joke, which is why your post is absolute garbage. As stated by many people, and myself, you're making this a bigger issue than it actually is. Instead of threatening a lawsuit over something like this, maybe attempt to get the event changed around a bit, like with what Alanstar said, which I also quoted in a previous comment.

3) "Protecting against women violence." Are you kidding me? I'm not going to make this a long ass post again, but violence and trauma happens on both sides of the spectrum. Males can be abused just as easily as females. Are you seriously expecting people to play female character, which aren't real, and expect people to be like, "Oh, that's a female, I can't hit them." Hell no. It's a game. Get that through your thick skull, please. This isn't SAO where if you die in the game, you die in real life. Simmer down.

4) People who confuse games with reality aren't very intelligent, at least in my opinion. It's also been debunked quite a few times that games don't cause that crap, and there are rare cases of which they do. There are no long term links between violent video games and actual violence that happens in the real world. Video games are honestly nothing to what we see on media every single day. The "moral panic" that many adults feel about video games is an exaggerated sense of public concern, fear, and anxiety over a perceived threat of social corruption. You can literally see other examples of moral panic ranging from stuff like rock and roll, comic books, radio, television, cell phone use, and social media. Especially in this day and age where we have everything open to us, more-so when a 13 year old child can lie about their age to get into an 18+ mature rated game, or other mature rated content.

5) Are you really trying to question if someone is actually a victim of abuse simply because they disagree with your bull? How low do you have to be to do that? Like, I understand this is internet; there are trolls, there are insensitive people, there are idiots, etc., but you really have to go the length of the line by questioning someone's abuse JUST BECAUSE they don't agree with you? Oh my god. You're the lowest of the low. Disgusting.

@KaMyCHiKo (you tagged me by accident)

But yes, 1000000% at the points you make. Especially with the one sided gender defending on abuse/violence. It breaks my heart how many men are invalidated for their trauma/not even considered to be a victim when they are assaulted :/.

I get that it's a dumb event and definitely not an event that should have been put in our region especially not for a valentine's day event but it is just a game. There are plenty of games with killing, domestic violence, abuse, etc. in them. Just take a look at gta where you can go around killing and beating up women all day and vice versa even in online mode but we got to separate what is real from what is not real.

i think we all have the right to express our opinion and express our bad. we all have our point of view.

maybe this point of view could have been exposed in another way, he may or may not have suffered a close episode of violence and this may have made him feel very bad. something to respect.

but please start from the logic... whether it's a movie or not, this event is focused on Valentine and here there should be more violence.

only insults are read by chat, people politely asking to stop killing them, others threatening... ¿this is a Valentine? ¿really?

this will be a game only, it does not imply that everything is allowed... to me personally that a girl is asking nicely not to be attacked and to see they do not respect her, but to finish her off with more impetus. i do not like it!!! sorry

#you2. Are you doing this to virtue signal, or is it that you enjoy the pseudo empowerment of being an oversensitive victim? I'm all for free speech, as long as the speaker understands that by speaking they open themselves up to criticisim and ridicule. Your post deserves ridicule, and you should probably claim it is a troll post to save face.

I want to applaud you for speaking up for something you feel strongly about. Sometimes, you just have to even if no one backs you up. Like now. As a woman, as a minority in my country, as the victim of almost two decades of abuse, I am angered and saddened by this attempt to misuse and abuse laws that are meant to protect me. Violence is action preformed on another person or persons against their will in such a way as to cause severe and or lingering harm or damage.

The difference between what I went through and this one, very tiny, aspect of this small event, in this game, is that I have a choice - as does everyone who puts on either of the outfits. No one is being forced to participate in this. The reward for it is not game breaking, or even a mild bonus. This isn't dodge ball where everyone and the coach picks on you, it's digital laser tag. You either get the outfit and go PVP to your hearts content, get the outfit and pvp with a friend or your clan in some map instance so other players can't bother you, or you choose not to get the outfit and not to engage in PVP. God, if only it were that easy in real life, having that choice.

There is no comparing something so intentionally optional to something so pervasive and life altering.

Did I actually just read that killing ingame character is being compared to violence against women? This game includes open world pvp from the beginning and wearing the outfit YOU are responsible of your actions. You are the one who decides "ok it's fine if someone kills me" by letting yourself get flagged by equipping that certain outfit. The game warns you for if also to make sure you really do want to be flagged for pvp. If you are too low level/geared to be one shotted then maybe your place is not in Cinderlands wasting your time in the wheel but instead just sell the essences, get the gold and actually gear up. I think this is better than having Crimson/Cerulean bullying those innocent lvl 10-20s in Everdusk. Didn't bother anyone before when that was happening but this ticked people off?

As for the kids misunderstanding things, this game is being promoted for mature audience and it is parents' responsibility to see that their children do not play games that are age restricted. If you type your birthday on the website and they redeem that you are too young to play the website prevents people to continue further complaining that your age is not enough to play the game. Shouldn't you instead be going against those parents that let "small children" play a game that is age restricted?

3 hours ago, SweetsDreams said:

but please start from the logic... whether it's a movie or not, this event is focused on Valentine and here there should be more violence.

only insults are read by chat, people politely asking to stop killing them, others threatening... ¿this is a Valentine? ¿really?

this will be a game only, it does not imply that everything is allowed... to me personally that a girl is asking nicely not to be attacked and to see they do not respect her, but to finish her off with more impetus. i do not like it!!! sorry

If you don't like it, then leave? I don't care if you're male, female, gay, straight, alien, attack helicopter, spaghetti monster, whatever. You're not more entitled to anything else than anybody. Oh, you're a female getting attacked? Boo-hoo. If you ask them to stop and they continue, sure, maybe they're being asses, but if you hate it so much, just switch around servers and find the least populated one. Or, just wait awhile until the event has cooled down a bit and try again. It's over-populated now because the event literally JUST started. But, don't expect that just because you're woman that people are going to treat you like some fragile little doll. It's a game. People are in PvP outfits, which can bring out the worst in people. Whether you're crying them a river or not, they don't care.

But, that doesn't mean that this post is justifiable, just so you know. And read Lunakitty's comment. Literally 100% right there.
You flag yourself. If you don't like it, don't flag up. Or maybe go and find ways to suggest ideas, like other people are doing, to see if NCsoft will change a thing or two. No use bitching about how you're a dainty little female in an MMO. Once you flag up, you're fair game.

2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

This game includes open world pvp from the beginning and wearing the outfit YOU are responsible of your actions. You are the one who decides "ok it's fine if someone kills me" by letting yourself get flagged by equipping that certain outfit. The game warns you for if also to make sure you really do want to be flagged for pvp.

3 hours ago, StrawberryCarnage said:

#you2. Are you doing this to virtue signal, or is it that you enjoy the pseudo empowerment of being an oversensitive victim? I'm all for free speech, as long as the speaker understands that by speaking they open themselves up to criticisim and ridicule. Your post deserves ridicule, and you should probably claim it is a troll post to save face.

Please don’t mock a serious movement just because players in this game are misusing it to an absurd extent. Offended as I am at the OP and supporters of it, it is equally not right to mock legitimate movements.

If they tried to say this is a joke how can you and others with comments like this see that it is no less offensive? It would actually be worse and even mentioning it actually proves how unsympathetic people are to this.

People have used Internet games to deprogram a person who has been traumatized in a real life instance.. as a way of disassociating the victim. 

The idea that this event is suppose to be themed under the pretense of a "Valentine" event, makes it just so much worse. Valentine has been a cornerstone to many Western nations as being the one day you would be extra romantic to a loved one.

People are upset because the game maker has not put much effort and thought into this event. It is difficult at best. Its not worth their time spent.

In a game environment where the game insists you must kill other players to show your love.. and from that ill perceived notion of love you can wear a title and a new special item "lover's heart" 120 pieces of heart combined to make a whole heart.

If this were any other pvp themed event it would have been designed in any one of the many pvp arena's.. or even a new area..  its in a area behind a centralized city in a older area.. high walls  no scenery.. makes it even worse than a pvp arena. The nature of the original area has a mini boss.. with a mechanic used to arouse that boss.. yet that mechanic is used on the players to stun them..  to add further frustration of spinning a wheel that takes 18 seconds to complete.. by stunning and interrupting this spin mechanic. Now they can be slaughtered if they are waiting their turn to spin this wheel..  this stun mechanic is done by a player who is not in the pvp garb.. again its not well thought out.. more of a passing brain fart than a real event.

I really do not know what the game developer's were thinking.. its a terrible event.. themed around a wonderful inspiring theme "Valentines day"

As far as legal.. NC has not broken any laws.. 

Morality speaking, they have had better "themed" events.. this event.. is just not one of those.

3 hours ago, Yahmia said:

If you don't like it, then leave? I don't care if you're male, female, gay, straight, alien, attack helicopter, spaghetti monster, whatever.

You're not more entitled to anything else than anybody. Oh, you're a female getting attacked? Boo-hoo.

which can bring out the worst in people. Whether you're crying them a river or not, they don't care.

GG!

now apply this to disgruntled and angry players. great solution!

I'm still don't know why people think that it's ridiculous what I'm saying:

GTAV
http://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/target-pulls-gta5-from-shelves-after-a-sex-workers-campaign-to-shut-down-grand-theft-auto-v-due-to-its-sexual-violence/news-story/44babbe6184dded48e4c2c9dfdbb72e5

Rapelay
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/4611161/Rapelay-virtual-❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-game-banned-by-Amazon.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/03/30/japan.video.game.❤ ❤ ❤ ❤/index.html

Custer's Revenge

https://kotaku.com/5847507/❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-racism--repetition-this-is-probably-the-worst-game-ever-made

If that are only games... why are states and cities banning them? "Oh, it's just a game, It's ridiculous what you are proposing"

Again insist, This is serious, I'm not going to read or reply any post... only NCSoft explaining about what I expose or changing the way of the event... because any lawyer known that always is better come to an agreement than begin legal actions...

Please, for legal complaints get in contact with NCSoft General Counsel instead of making forum posts. You can easily find the contact info on the company legal portal under the Blade and Soul section, don't expect any kind of reply here aside from a mod locking this thread for multiple CoC breaches.

On a personal note, is this thread even serious? I mean this looks either like a troll or a SJW protest rather than a real threat of legal action. Use the proper channels. If you don't want to mail their legal team, get in contact with support and see if they escalate it to management. -__- 

This guy is right, all these murderers need to be put in front of a judge and sentenced to life in prison.  /s

This is the same tired argument that the media throws out there every few years that blames video games for youth/teen violence.  While it may be a small contributing factor, I believe there are far stronger correlations with other variables.

This event promotes PvP in a game that very well might send the wrong messages to young players, but.....the game is also rated mature.  Young players with developing minds shouldn’t even be playing this game.  It’s on the parents of these young players to determine if they want their kids playing this game or not.  It’s not the game company’s job to shield children from this type of content.  

Players of age should have a mind developed enough to know the difference between what happens in a game and what happens in the real world.  We’re surrounded by all kinds of media that promote violence and I’d guess the majority of consumers aren’t out in the real world committing crimes.

You make a distinction that killing a NPC isn’t the same as killing a PC.  I‘m assuming you point that out because a real person controls a PC while a NPC is controlled by AI.  If that’s the case then your argument about violence against women kind of goes out the window as the majority of female characters are more than likely played by real life males.  In which case, it would be male on male violence which you aren’t up in arms about.

Your comment that equates MPK in a game to one of the worst events in modern world history, the Holocaust, is sickening and ridiculous.  Millions of real lives were lost in the Holocaust and millions of other lives were affected by it.  The only damage done by MPKing in a game is lost time and potentially hurt egos.

Your comment about beating human bosses being okay because they are “KO’d” can also be attributed to when you beat a player.  The player is able to get back up on their feet after being defeated, so they don’t actually die either...

You mention that 6v6 and arena get a pass because people go in knowing they might die.  How does this support your overall argument about gender violence?  Violence is okay in these modes because people know what they are getting into?  Not a very strong argument for your campaign against gender violence.

I get that you don’t like this event but you’re reading too much into it and trying to force an argument about why this event promotes gender violence.

• NCSOFT

Greetings!

Please note that the NCSOFT Forums are not a place for discussing national or international laws or regulations. You may direct any such complaints to our Customer Support. This thread is now closed.

Regards,

Amraith

Archived