F9 Currency exchange dead !

Elynia

the MAX 2:1 ratio happened

we were laughing about that on wed, right after the patch, in clan chat. there were maybe 3 listings heh.

gold is worth more than hmcoins and the garbage in the hm store. IDK if that was their goal or what, but putting  an upper cap on the ratio makes no sense to me.

the issue was the lower limit, which they removed.

so u can buy an evolved stone in hm shop for 20 coins or in the AH for 10-12gold. at the avg 1.8 exchange rate + 5% fee, 12 gold  gets you 20.5 hmcoins(probably rounds down to 20)

why would I want to horse around with the f9 shop at all?

most things are account bound which nerfs any merching, or, as in the evolved stone example, not worth merching

even tho a whale may be looking to pick up 5-10k gold, he cant so no point in spending the cash to get the useless ncoins.   u lost a thousand dollars of real cash because of this..times x???

seems like they shot themselves in the foot. 

to me, the obvious thing was some kind of push to stop all hmcoin stuff and force people to buy ncoins, or I don't know what else??? pay money or please leave our game???

mega cluelessness abounds once again..devs are losing it here recently

3 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

to me, the obvious thing was some kind of push to stop all hmcoin stuff and force people to buy ncoins, or I don't know what else??? pay money or please leave our game???

you got it, next trove is coming closer, and now everyone have to spent money for.

Its kindy funny, but everything that Scamsoft did recently actualy get me the idea somehow that they know that BnS is lost in the future and they just wanna milk us one last time.

Quoting some EU proverbs, "Greed broke the sack" and "Big mouthfuls often choke".

Whales asked NC to remove the minimun rate so they could lower it as much as they wanted.

Personally, I haven't even opened the F9 window nor have browsed F10 since then and had no idea this was happening. But tbh with you, I'm kinda glad to know that most people is not willing to underprice their gold AKA their time.

It should have never dropped below 4 and the ideal rate imo would be 10.

7 hours ago, Elynia said:

since the last patch f9 is dead!   Before u had pages after pages with listings .. now if ur lucky there is one -two listings with high amounts . NO 5-10-15-20 g amounts are listet at all!

what happend ?

Whales bought all gold. 1-2 day and will full again.

• NCSOFT

With the Currency Exchange ratio being updated a few months ago, it has allowed players to buy and sell gold closer to the actual market value. This has increased the purchase rate of listed gold so at times it can seem like there isn't much available. Checking the NA exchange, there's currency 5 pages of listings with varying amounts. We are investigating an unrelated issue with the Currency Exchange not going above the 1:2 ratio. 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Cyan said:

With the Currency Exchange ratio being updated a few months ago, it has allowed players to buy and sell gold closer to the actual market value. This has increased the purchase rate of listed gold so at times it can seem like there isn't much available. Checking the NA exchange, there's currency 5 pages of listings with varying amounts. We are investigating an unrelated issue with the Currency Exchange not going above the 1:2 ratio. 

Thank you.

Thanks for the info Cyan.

mr [dude who types in yellow cuz I get banned if I mention his name cuz the mods don't like me] doesn't play every day. he gives us bad information based on a single sample of data.

f9 has a mere fraction of the gold it did before.   if you would put some kind of mechanism that polls the f9 volume at 5min intervals and drops it into excel (standard time based data collection techniques) you will see the truth over time.

• 2 months later...
On 11.12.2017 at 7:43 PM, Cyan said:

We are investigating an unrelated issue with the Currency Exchange not going above the 1:2 ratio. 

Thank you.

2-3 month later, and nothing changed. Rate 1:2.

"issue" "investigate" sure...

Just close the currency exchange. It's better than telling lies anyway.
Let us buy items from F10 directly with gold as second option aside from ncoins.
And if players or whales want gold, play for it instead of just drawing your credit card.

We don't need hmcoins as middle step. ncoins and gold are enough.
ncoins for: all F10 items, costumes, premium-abo, trove, rng chests, pay events, maybe daily limited gold-chests for whales
gold for: some F10 items, costumes, limited trove keys and rng chests

Just make F9 free, set ratio 0-100. What the stupid limits, why it need?

When I go to market to buy tomatos seller can sell it me with any price and just I deceid buy it or not. Not some of goverment tell seller what price on tomatos he must set.

We live under capitalism with free prices, not in a planned economy as in some kind of Russia

Archived