How can a developer screw the game so hard?

Backstabpuss

5 hours ago, shintouzii said:

there is no defence for elemental damage or debuff damage, so they hit directly to you with that so it's pure damage.

I am not looking for explanation what it is. I know elemental damage has no defense. I just cannot comprehend how can someone be so stupid to design something like this and yet be called a developer.

There are games designed with crowd funding that dont defy logic this much. I used to play games 10 years ago that had these kinds of nonsense implemented, but in 2017? Its just lol.

I sort of agree that average damage in 6v6 is currently too high.

Even some Korean gear balanced people have said the damage potential is a bit too much currently. And 6v6 has all the skill modifiers, badges etc...

Just want to point out that neither the damage received nor the defensive stats are very high or surprising. I am more worried about 200k mine toss. =_='

Ascendant / Pet / belt buffs and 200k HP should keep those searing slashes in check, as long as you still have tab to avoid the dragontongues. Also rush does not pierce defense, might have been avoidable?

Oh and get more pierce, 2000 means you are wasting a lot of damage potential.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:02 AM, Zagaroth said:

the funny thing we have a lots of attribute to counter damage like

1. critical defense

2. block

3. defense

4. evasion

and none of this counter elemental damage?

if i know how this game goes , i am sure they gonna bring something like second soul or gloves for you to buy so you can have elemental defence.But since people doesn't have to do 6v6 for weekly challenge , 6v6 is full of whales now.I know it that most of them are not happy and leaving game one after another because they can't one hit people who doesn't have low gear at this arena so they can't feed their ego here.

On 11/4/2017 at 10:27 AM, Backstabpuss said:

I am not looking for explanation what it is. I know elemental damage has no defense. I just cannot comprehend how can someone be so stupid to design something like this and yet be called a developer.

There are games designed with crowd funding that dont defy logic this much. I used to play games 10 years ago that had these kinds of nonsense implemented, but in 2017? Its just lol.

Oh well, just looking at their game servers from this company and how they optimize the game. You know that they have minimum funding to support this game. Thus, you know the quality of the developer. 

Also, I think I get the idea why they don't implement elemental defense because they want a fast turn-around time in PVP, which means people should either kill or be killed. It is boring to see a bunch of players who keep on fighting, but couldn't kill each other.

18 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Also, I think I get the idea why they don't implement elemental defense because they want a fast turn-around time in PVP, which means people should either kill or be killed. It is boring to see a bunch of players who keep on fighting, but couldn't kill each other.

6 hours ago, 897647_1452550632 said:

Whinner, big ass dmg isn't the problem, the problem is infinite stun lock

i have to disagree with you , a fast run-around time in PVP like you said is clearly isn't fun at this level.

Giving lots of damage to some abilities just will ruin the game instead of that if you increase chi requirement for that skills at least and lower the damage a little bit ,so people gonna have to restore chi with other skills and that stun lock won't be possible. So there will be no more %80 air combos or 0-100 stun locks.

6 hours ago, shintouzii said:

i have to disagree with you , a fast run-around time in PVP like you said is clearly isn't fun at this level.

Giving lots of damage to some abilities just will ruin the game instead of that if you increase chi requirement for that skills at least and lower the damage a little bit ,so people gonna have to restore chi with other skills and that stun lock won't be possible. So there will be no more %80 air combos or 0-100 stun locks.

Well...you don't have to disagree with me because I don't develop this game. haha...

what I was saying was just a speculation of what the developers are/were thinking. 

Just to give you an example, I have played another online game before where there is a block%. A guardian (of course wearing a shield) can reach maximum block % (with whales gears) and literally tank 10-20 players in a massive pvp battleground without dying (because most of the damages are blocked). In this case, do you think it is still fun to pvp when there are 10-20 players ganging on a single player and he/she still doesn't die? Well...you can say it is due to imbalance of the stats, but it is always hard to balance out the stats.

Also, if people think that after they balance the defense stats in this game will make 6vs6 battleground more playable, then they are wrong. It will be even worse when you are fighting whales with high damage and high defense at the same time. Probably 1 whale can solo 6 people without dying. Right now, it is still possible to take down 1 whale with ganging from 6 enemies with decent gears due to non-stop CCs.

You all miss a point, even before we got tons of elemental bonus Items we did elemental dmg, Skills have been elemental from the sratch, it was just split into thse 2 paths, but the Fun Fact is, that it shouldnt matter If its elemental, or physical or magical cause its ALWAYS PLAYER dmg so the PvP SS and stats should work, it doenst matter that u get 100k crit fire dmg or 100k phsical dmg cause u got OVERALL crot dmg reduction and overall defense, and these stats do work, its just the fact that they are to weak to counter that insane dmg ... Plus the tons of random proccs that can trigger from weapon and VT Badge that just PIERCE any sort of defense.

As the BGs just release we hade no braclet, just a few with HM souls, and no badges, So for example: my axe toss did around 40k (with TOI and PvP SS) if a player got 75-90k hp and around 25- 30% defense and around 40% crit defense, the skill didnt crit that much and I just got a 25k hit,

Now my Axe toss crits for a maximum of 220k with same SS but ascendant weapon and BT Accesoirs Vs. ppl wth 150 - 180k hp and the Same defense stats its somehow between 90k non crit and 185k crit.

So its not that the defense stats wouldnt work, they are just so weak that basicly they are not exist. even the new beluga SS 6 piece set bonus is a joke compared to BT/VT SS.

I have same but little higher stats then the OP, but got a 187k crit from BM last night with 177k HP, I couldnt escape within stunn + instan hit, and was just dead in 0.1 sec ....

IF 2 equal geared teams fight each other, its a First hit/CC = win/dead cause of this.

EDIT: they dont need to change the defense stats, they need to change how dmg works, It should be max HP related + xy% bonus dmg for better gear.

Somthing like (insert main dmg skill) does 20 - 30k dmg but cant be higher than 20% max healt of the opponent. and some items can increase this cap by 1 - 5% so that the whales always will do most dmg but also need a little more skill to win.

And they need to change the Stunnlock mechanic, like u cant be CCed for 3 or 5 sec after u just got CCed or escaped.

Usualy every mmo in around 20 years I played got a dimishing return mechanic within the CCs

lvl 55 will increase survivability slightly statwise because currently defense stat boosts are way too high in the diminishing returns and thus countered too hard by even 3k pierce.

However, we will also get HM ultimates, which means people will still be dying like flies. :(

Anyway one thing I want to advise people doing 6v6 now, and especially after lvl 55 update:

3k crit def is not enough any more by far! If you really want proper protection you need to get 4-5k or any blue buff + soul will instant you.

You say that "very long fights" are boring but they are less frustrating than 100-0 in less than 1 second when you have spent time upgrading your PvP stuff.

NCSoft doesn't need a brain to understand that 500K+ PvE bursts were:

1. Useless for PvE content

2. Unbalanced for our poor "200K" HP where defensive stats don't reduce enough the opponent damages to be relevant

Have you noticed that, since BT has been introduced, every PvE stuff upgrade make the previous PvE stuff ridiculous? When you have the new best gear you do about 3 times damages you did before... First time I see that in a game. Of course, PvP gear doesn't scale like this, noooo, only PvE get such boosted...

10 hours ago, Justgreencorn said:

I've always found it to be extremely goofy to add an element to a game (in terms of balance in pvp/ e ) without any kind of counter...

Damage Reduction counters all damage, there's just not that many things that increases that stat.

Archived