This last event was literally a waste of time.

Cesura

When I started this event I had 10 oils. 

I spent as much time as possible in the first few weeks of the event and earned the last 4 oils I needed to upgrade my soul. And upgraded my soul as soon as possible, which was a huge mistake because they announced the cost decrease the week afterwards! 

If I literally hadn't logged in at all, I'd technically have made more progress towards upgrading my soul than I did by pvping my butt off, because I would have had enough to upgrade and would have had two left over. 

I basically flushed all my tokens down the toilet without knowing it and I wish I'd at least have gotten the outfit or something instead now. 

That's why you wait for the events to end, and then do the maths. If you have alts, check where you have to get the tokens from account mailbox, how many oils you can get in each char, check in which char you get the outfit (it can be mailed), how many nebula stones can you afford, etc...

But it wouldn't have changed anything that if they announce the reduction some time after the event ends.

I really don't understand, after a couple of times we had upgrade costs reduced people would realize that you should never upgrade instantly, but ppl still always upgrade as soon as possible and then complain how they wasted their time, that sure makes sense alright :D

there is always a risk to run bleeding edge.

If you were a TRUE front-runner, you would realize that regardless of the payment method, you have something. Once you have it, forget what happens afterwards because the other stuff is only for those behind you now, so forget about it and keep looking forward and keep that American excuse card cleared off.

On the other hand, if you don't want total world domination, hang back under-geared and never ever get burned again. But you won't be a top dawg either.

Your choice.    

"There is no crying in MMOball"

what i did this event at first i wanted to upgrade my soul but i realized that it would be much better to use the tokens for nebula stones for gearing alts and instead of a soul i have now 1 alt with stage 8 (2 nebula stones left for going to 12, ill upgrade to 10 without nebula and after ill use them) and another alt is sitting in stage 4 (it was stage 1 at the start), and i have the weapons for pushing it to stage 6. Also i have 4 nebula stones for pushing my main to stage 6 dawnforge.

I'm sure i havent reached the full potential of this event because i've been on holiday and i just could take part only 2 and a half weeks of the total duration.

Overall? I think this event wasnt about oils (it costs 110 tokens, really expensive)... I think i made the most of it, so im happy.

Maybe it was a waste of your time, but it wasn't for everyone. People with high level soul are probably the ones getting screwed over by this kind of change, but even if they announced it a few weeks ealier (which they totally should have), a lot of people would still have complained.

The game's content is changing at a faster pace than what most players can keep up to (except whales or those who played a lot since the begining), so there will always be a couple of people who finally get their big upgrade only to see it's cost reduced in the following weeks.

38 minutes ago, Corage said:

It is literally waste of time to make topics like that. Do u think u can change something with topic like that?

Its rather funny.. reading the woes of these people.. what is a waste is the time you all waste complaining about nothingness.. if no effort is put forth no reward.. if effort is put out.. you are rewarded.. if the rules are changed at a later date are those rewards negated? no.. the perception is the same.. effort = reward

I think people are projecting a bit much on the "whiny-ness" of my post. 

I was kind of annoyed at first yes, but I'm honestly still glad that I have 10 less oils to worry about getting to true stage. 

But I think what happened to me is Ironic. I worked to advance and then I realized I literally made less progress towards my soul upgrade than if I had chosen not to log in for a whole month. That is not a whine. That is an objective fact. 

And people can't avoid having similar things happen to them if other people don't share these sorts of stories as a warning. 

1 hour ago, Pyrocyborg said:

Maybe it was a waste of your time, but it wasn't for everyone. 

Yes, that is a solid point, and my title should have had the word 'for me' at the end as a qualifier. It's kind of implied but I should have phrased it as such outright. 

16 hours ago, Cesura said:

When I started this event I had 10 oils. 

I spent as much time as possible in the first few weeks of the event and earned the last 4 oils I needed to upgrade my soul. And upgraded my soul as soon as possible, which was a huge mistake because they announced the cost decrease the week afterwards! 

If I literally hadn't logged in at all, I'd technically have made more progress towards upgrading my soul than I did by pvping my butt off, because I would have had enough to upgrade and would have had two left over. 

I basically flushed all my tokens down the toilet without knowing it and I wish I'd at least have gotten the outfit or something instead now. 

So you wasted some time on this event. Now you will waste time complaining about it. Don't do that to yourself man. Please!

I myself was actively playing on 6 chars for last 2 events. I got my main from Seraph Stage 3 to 10, my KFM from 1st Baleful to 8th, also my sin from stage 1 up to stage 9. I bought bunch of oils from 1st event. I bought stones and some oils from PvP event.

Upgraded my soul from stage 1 to 9, then two weeks after ncsoft announced cost reduction. I did all the math and i spend 2k gold more than i could if I wait to next patch. I even wrote ticket to suport, but all I could do is to revert my Soul from stage 9 to 8. It will save me 1 oil. I'm happy about it. I'm glad I got something. And yes, I got Premium for 3 months in game if you ask.

Event was fine, with alot of fun trying different classes in PvP. I got some nice geared alts to have fun with. If you spend all your medallions for oils only, its you, who screwed up. Next time do the math before deciding event is worth your time and effort.

Archived