Open world PvP

Legoup

the only thing I hate about bns is open world pvp, everybody should be able do pvp outside the town , regardless of your armor . Nobody wanna wear pvp armor cuz it's ugly and people spend shitload time trying to get other armor's that do not let you pvp in open world . I played lineage 2 for like 10 years just because of the best open world pvp system . They should do something like that on bns

• 1 year later...

I know this forum post is old and it is a shame that nothing has changed, I came back hoping there was changes but I was wrong. I too stopped playing Black Desert Online due to the fact that its open world PvP. This BnS and BDO are both nice to look at but NOT everyone likes PvP. Those that like PvP that fine but there should be servers that allow PvP by certain zones only. Give players the choice, not force them into BS that will cause a fight! Would anyone like the fact that over 10,000 people can walk up to you at any time and just pull your limbs off without a sweat and there would be nothing you can do about it and even if you could you won't because you just simply don't care for PvP? Forget this crap, I'm out. Delete my account developers, I won't play this! I would be seriously pissed off if I had put real money into BnS (which I normaly do for other games I really like), it just won't be in BnS!!! :mad:

I played lineage 2 and guess what there was one lvl 85 pker that pk all the low level characters levelling in the zones and he wouldn't get penalty, so I wouldn't want that if thats what you mean about the pvp experience in lineage 2 

dont get me wrong I like to pvp, I do battlegrounds arena and battle Royale everyday but the only reason I wouldn't like this pvp system is because of pk

First off:

1. BnS has open world PVP HOWEVER you cannot simply just go and attack someone. Both players need to wear the opposing faction costumes / uniforms without that you cannot fight anyone.

2. there are dedicated PVP zones (lets call them that) that require you to wear the faction uniform to enter them.

3. This game since it has been released even in KR was known that it will require both PVE nad  PVP to progess, that was nothing new and nothing secret. PVP players have to do PVE and PVE players have to do PVP for certain items, but no one is forcing you. You can progress fully in the game by just doing PVE, which will take a bit longer and be a tad more expensive but it is possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright for real, everyone having knee-jerk reactions and disagreeing to this is not thinking... Just have a toggle for whether or not you WANT to partake in open world pvp or not? xD (You guys srs?) That's such a simple solution. I totally agree with op, I would love open world pvp, but not in an outfit that I don't want to wear.

23 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

Alright for real, everyone having knee-jerk reactions and disagreeing to this is not thinking... Just have a toggle for whether or not you WANT to partake in open world pvp or not? xD (You guys srs?) That's such a simple solution. I totally agree with op, I would love open world pvp, but not in an outfit that I don't want to wear.

Oh kind of like the toggle they have in moon refuge that leads people to believe that they won't be attacked unless they flag, just to turn around and be attacked by anyone who toggles their flag on? It is simple as is, want open world pvp content, run around in a faction outfit and I'm sure someone will throw theirs on even briefly to kill you or try to.

Well, idk how moon refuge works, so I can't dispute if you're right or not about that, but that just sounds like bad game design in general. It should be made clear what's going on, and other people's toggle shouldn't influence whether or not they can attack people who don't have a toggle on ._o am I misunderstanding this? WOW, for instance, has both faction outfits AND a toggle, so it's kinda hawt. There sorta just needs to be this lol. It'd be lit. I wanna run around in my own outfit and fight people who have their toggle or outfit on.

Archived