FM need some tweak

chewz

i have been playing fm for month already, few skills need some changes :

1. frost/ice stance switch should be done manually instead automatically triggering LMB/RMB hit. the problem is the stance only change when fm lmb/rmb projectile hits the target. for player like me playing 300ms there is a huge delay for lmb projectile to hit the target, imagine im in frost stance i need to cast heatwave i need to press RMB, wait 0.5sec then another 0.5sec projectile hits the target. if i need to switch back and forth skills i need to wait like 3-4 sec just to cast 2 skills 

please allow us to bind a key to manually change fire/ice stance

2. heatwave need to detonate instantly as soon as it reaches the ground instead need to press Z again to detonate 

3. chi boom duration need to shorted to 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds (joke skill of the year)

and fm is a joke in pvp, all melee in bns have 99m range blink, 100% projectile invulnerability for like 10-20sec (can block all fm skills since they are projectiles), 100% resistance kfm can cast nondodgeble stun on fm for 20sec but FM cannot cast un-tabbable stun to kfm 

joke class of the year, atleast warlock can press soulburn in dungeon run and then job is settle, fm useless in dungeon/pvp, low hp  

Not everything is wrong but most of it.

9 minutes ago, chewz said:

please allow us to press Q/E to manually change fire/ice stance

You can do it, just not permanently because Q/E have cooldowns. And you dont need to hit something with LB/RB. As soon as you press the button your stance changes no matter if you hit or not.

11 minutes ago, chewz said:

2. heatwave need to detonate instantly as soon as it reaches the ground instead need to press Z again to detonate 

Would be good sometimes but sometimes not. It's pretty ok as it is now.

11 minutes ago, chewz said:

3. chi boom duration need to shorted to 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds (joke skill of the year)

Even 2s would be too much. The skill is a joke in pve in general and also limited useful in pvp.

12 minutes ago, chewz said:

fm useless in dungeon

This is definitely wrong. FM is great in pve.

1 hour ago, chewz said:

i ...for player like me playing 300ms...

fm useless in dungeon/pvp, low hp

This game is not meant to be played with 300ms+

Every class is useless with that kind of ping (except maybe warlock if your only rotation is tab + tab + alt-tab as you mentioned).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 1:52 AM, xNina said:

Again fms crying and making this kind of sick topics and talking how bad they are and how good are wls, go and play wl if you think its easy

how about you go back were you came from ? :)  and bug someone else.

FM's are at a all time low at this point, do some research .. come back with solid arguments and then comment.

I have a WL as well and yes they are easy, so if that's all you have to say, good to know.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:30 PM, LiriC said:

FM's are at a all time low at this point, do some research .. come back with solid arguments and then comment.

I have a WL as well and yes they are easy, so if that's all you have to say, good to know.

Wait what? FM "all time low"? How should I understand this? FM is the primary class for Naryu Sanctum, highest dps of all classes.

On topic: so you are playing an FM for a month and you want improvements? I suggest you go look at how FMs were during the years (I play Blade and Soul for over 2 and a half years in 3 regions and I can tell you Ive never seen the FM so balanced before both PvE and PvP).

Manually change stances? What kind of ignorant suggestion is this? You already have Q, E, RB, LB to do so. Even if they implement another way, with your ping it wount even matter cause it will change nothing.

Insta detonate Heatwave? That skill didnt even exist a month ago to the form it is right now (if you make a little research you will know how it was and you will be glad they changed it this way). Is pressing Z again at the right time that hard?

Chi bomb? That skill is the most useless skill for pve you will ever have. And do you know that you can use it ONLY in frost stance? With your ping you can forget about frost and play only fire.

FM bad in pvp? The fact that you are bad and you have high ping and long delays doesnt mean the class is bad :D

Keep practicing bro ;)

I agree with the suggestions except the heatwave one as I think that's unnecessary. Stance change is particularly important in pvp where you need to either attack the opponent (and have a target at that) which can be punished in so many ways by all classes with how slow FM projectiles are, or you have to waste an iframe. Not a good situation either way.
FM is currently the second worst class in PvP, only better than SF pretty much. All the rankings show this (and showed it in KR as well with our current patch) so personal feelings are pretty irrelevant. Facts are facts.

Also, on our current patch, FM is not the highest dps class. Both BD and SF are higher dps in group play (possibly even SIN), and solo it's even worse for FM. FM if anything needs a buff as it's as close to a pure dps class as we have in the game so it should honestly do more. The dragonchar nerf was unnecessary, especially after giving SINs insane burst with the bracelet.

On 4/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, chewz said:

fm useless in dungeon/pvp, low hp  

When you read this you know that OP needs to reroll or quit.

3 hours ago, Frywell said:

FM is currently the second worst class in PvP, only better than SF pretty much.

It might be better for sure but not better than SF definetely. SF is 2 time tournament winner and in one of the finals it faced a FM. 

The reason SF is not that highly ranked its cuz nobody really plays it. And that because ppl think its useless in PvE. Which is also not the case. 

And no good FM can be out DPS by melees. The fight favors ranged classes and they will always come on top...even for the fact of just being ranged.

lmao FM far from lowest dps in game we can easily surpass any dps class i won't argue with you too bad on pvp for the simple fact a little classes are more over powered wether it's constant stun or constant resist but in pve LMAO #1 dps easy lol WL buff is easy 100k for a bearly geared FM and solo dps sits at 40-50k no buffs and i'm far from a raven weapon or anything really good soo seriously lol learn to build i tank with out melees all the time because most of all the time i aggro the boss if you are playing ice build in pve dunnno if you are or not but if you are change that 

^frost is just as viable as fire

@ thread in kr they introduced some nice tweaks, they reduced q/e and ss cooldowns and they made impact stage 1 resists deflect. It can be tweaked here and there too to make the class better in pvp, for example they can add an air skill like all the other classes have :/ and ofcourse buff chi bomb because why not

But in PVE, currently we might not be the strongest class in pve, we're still one of the top tho. And in KR we're easily the highest dps in the game thanks to the legendary mystic badges and OP vortex SS 

• 3 weeks later...

How about impact don't get deflect?.... almost every class gets to spam 1 . KFM spam 1 resist + counter. Warlock spam 1 + deflect. . BM spam 1 resist not all BUT most skills besides guard breakers which is 30 sec cd at least.  BD spam TAB  360 deflect even when they are rooted / frosted + Destroyer.  Sum/Sf/Sin Counter spam every 6 sec. that last 2 sec. which means only 4 sec window to attack every now and then on top of their other skills. to even shorten that window.   Not to mention the only class that doesn't have a immune skill that can shield us from all damage while about to attack. Fm is the only class.  We can ice our self alright? but we can't attack the same time. Even warlock have Z that can makes them immune while able to attack + they get a spamming  block that able to deflect u by holding 1 key. There are always argue about ya u can guard break or fm 2 daze. to break it but the cd is too long comparing how much they can spam their blocks.    FM takes alot of skills to master and i like it because of that.  But at least please make our impact not deflect able so that we can actually block gap closer rush and simply continue our combo on spin classes while not getting Deflect. And For those of you argue my point about spammer deflect vs fm's impact.  Go vs the classes i mention with Fm  first then you come back and tell me its balanced regarding to deflect spam vs hm impact. 

i don't mind putting the effort to play a higher skill cap class . But getting 1 air combo  + lighting draw from a deflect spam BD losing 60% of my hp while they get 9 sec inmune to all damage and able to attack me is really making the Fm life miserable in pvp.  Vice-versa FM do able to heal alot but so does summoners.  Our heal had already been nerfed many times to a point if it gets nerf more we mite as well have no heals.  Not trying to complain because i am a Fm player. but i do think the class deserve some balance. And taking the Mini F away from FM pretty much killed us from fighting spinner class as it was the only skills we could pierces spinners. I mean why are these changes to FM. Not like we are ever broken in arena besides pre 50 cap. 

5 hours ago, DevilMonkey said:

How about impact don't get deflect?

It seems we are getting the current kr skill patch next week. This includes that impact wont be deflected anymore. Also cd reduction of Q, E, 3 and SS (pvp version only has 12s cd if you use it without being in cc). Overall only important things for pvp and nothing what changes for pve as FM but these changes are really good.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:54 AM, Zedonia said:

It seems we are getting the current kr skill patch next week. This includes that impact wont be deflected anymore. Also cd reduction of Q, E, 3 and SS (pvp version only has 12s cd if you use it without being in cc). Overall only important things for pvp and nothing what changes for pve as FM but these changes are really good.

Those changes on the iframe cds and most importantly the cd reduction on 3 stun literally makes FMs one of the top pvp classes again (top 5 at least)

On 6/8/2017 at 0:57 PM, sephy Kun said:

If only we could get parry penetrate LMB then we'll be good

You need def/parry penetration RBM, not LBM. You dont play fire build in arena!

16 hours ago, hwalien said:

LMB on other hands could be okay since it doesn't freeze target but just regenerate your chi and do little damage.

It's not so little in fire build. Short fuse or inferno and LMB to victory. It's too much damage for a skill without cd and no costs.

Archived